|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Walker writes that her memories of times of injustice stop any progress she makes in coming to terms with her what?
2. Midway through her freshman year of high school, Walker began to fear she was what?
(a) A lesbian.
3. Whenever Alice and Rebecca Walker would have moments of strive in Part 10, what would her mother do?
(a) Forbid her from dating.
(b) Leave letters on the table.
(c) Send her to her father's.
(d) Ground her indefinitely.
4. Who guided Walker through many of the milestones in a young woman's life, including her first period?
5. To what private school did Rebecca switch to in Part 10?
(a) The Urban Acadamy.
(b) The Urban School.
(c) The Institute for the Privileged.
(d) The Urban Institute.
Short Answer Questions
1. Walker writes in Part 8 that she realizes her parents raised her to expect what?
2. The crew-person whom Walker begins dating in Part 13 is also what?
3. How long after leaving did Walker return to Larchmont to visit in Part 9?
4. What did Walker and her friends refer to the richest and snobbiest of the girls at summer camp in Part 8?
5. What was the movie based on which Rebecca Walker worked on during summer break in high school in Part 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who became Walker's friends at summer camp in Part 8?
2. How does Walker describe the cliquishness at the summer camp in Part 8?
3. How had Walker changed when she returned to live with her mother in Part 10? Why?
4. What traveling adventures does Walker describe in Part 16?
5. Where did Walker choose to attend high school in Part 10? What did she experience there?
6. How does Walker describe her inner war and rhythm in Part 11?
7. What does Walker describe as a result of constantly moving around in her adult life?
8. What memory does Walker close the book with? How does she feel in conclusion?
9. Where did Walker attend summer camp in Part 8? Who did she avoid at the camp and why?
10. Who suggested Walker go to Planned Parenthood in Part 7? Why?
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)