|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Walker writes that constantly moving requires a certain sort of what?
2. Walker writes in Part 8 that she realizes her parents failed to make her aware of any borders drawn because of her what?
(a) Race, sex or status.
3. What best friend of Walker's also dated Dominicans in Part 9?
4. What was Walker elected to one year at summer camp in Part 8?
(a) Sing captain.
(b) Marching captain.
(c) Flute captain.
(d) Band captain.
5. How old was Rebecca Walker when she switched schools in Part 10?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Walker's father live in the beginning of Part 9?
2. How long after leaving did Walker return to Larchmont to visit in Part 9?
3. What did Alice Walker blame for her daughter's attitude in Part 10?
4. Whose funeral does Walker describe in Part 17?
5. Who was Walker's new best friend in high school in Part 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. How had Walker changed when she returned to live with her mother in Part 10? Why?
2. Where did Walker most hang out while living with her father in the Bronx in Part 9? Why?
3. How did Walker react when she first menstruated in Part 9?
4. What older friends did Walker encounter in Part 7? How old was she at this time?
5. Who became Walker's friends at summer camp in Part 8?
6. What question does Walker answer for a woman with a biracial daughter in Part 16?
7. Where did Walker complete an internship in Part 13? What was her experience there like?
8. What traveling adventures does Walker describe in Part 16?
9. How did Walker fit in at the Urban School? Who did she most relate to and why?
10. Who suggested Walker go to Planned Parenthood in Part 7? Why?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)