|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long after leaving did Walker return to Larchmont to visit in Part 9?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 4 years.
(d) 2 years.
2. As a result of the varied people and occurrences in her life, Walker closes the memoir by saying that she refuses to do what?
(a) Wear any jacket.
(b) Wear any mask.
(c) Wear any hat.
(d) Wear any scarf.
3. Where did Rebecca Walker graduate from college?
(a) Yale University.
(d) Mississippi State.
4. Where did Walker's father live in the beginning of Part 9?
(c) The Bronx.
(d) Long Island.
5. When did Rebecca Walker graduate from college?
Short Answer Questions
1. As an adult, Walker confesses that she still had no what?
2. What American singer-songwriter, rapper, bassist, and multi-instrumentalist often credited for having "sparked the neo-soul movement" did Rebecca Walker have an affair with?
3. What best friend of Walker's also dated Dominicans in Part 9?
4. What new best friend did Walker meet at camp in Part 8?
5. What did Walker do when her friend Lisa came to tell her goodbye in Part 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Walker complete an internship in Part 13? What was her experience there like?
2. What did Walker and her friend Lena do around San Francisco in Part 7 for fun?
3. How does Walker describe her inner war and rhythm in Part 11?
4. How did Walker fit in at the Urban School? Who did she most relate to and why?
5. What does Walker describe as a result of constantly moving around in her adult life?
6. Where did Walker most hang out while living with her father in the Bronx in Part 9? Why?
7. How does Walker describe her memory in the end of Part 8?
8. Where did Walker apply to school after having an abortion? How did her mother assist her?
9. Who became Walker's friends at summer camp in Part 8?
10. Where did Walker choose to attend high school in Part 10? What did she experience there?
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)