|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Walker's paternal great-grandmother?
2. Michael is at least how many years older than Rebecca Walker?
3. Walker's favorite uncle in Part 3 married an outsider who was what?
4. Where was Rebecca Walker born?
(a) Miami, Florida.
(b) Jackson, Mississippi.
(c) Birmingham, Alabama.
(d) Atlanta, Georgia.
5. What friend of Rebecca Walker's did she travel around the city by bus with in fifth grade?
Short Answer Questions
1. What friend of Walker's in San Francisco was a pretty white model?
2. After how many nights did Alice Walker leave Washington, D.C. in Part 5?
3. What school did Walker describe her father sending her alone to walk to in Part 1?
4. Who did Walker credit with having taught her to "fit in" in Part 2?
5. Walker's favorite uncle growing up was whose brother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Walker open Part 2 of the book with? What is shared?
2. Why did Walker most relate to her uncle Jackie?
3. Describe the narrative style of the memoir. How does Walker describe her past in the opening of the narrative?
4. How was Walker's relationship with her mother in early adolescence? What insecurities did she have?
5. What did Colleen and Michael admire in Walker? What did she admire of them?
6. How does Walker describe Grandma Miriam in Part 1?
7. What book did Walker read as an adolescent which impacted her greatly? How was her relationship with her stepmother during this time?
8. What other relative did Walker describe at Grandma Miriam's house?
9. How does Walker describe her uncle Jackie? What did she appreciate about him?
10. What did Walker realize about her mother and her uncle Jackie in Part 3?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)