|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year had Alice Walker divorced Rebecca's father?
2. Who named Rebecca Walker one of the fifty most influential leaders of her generation?
(b) The Wall Street Journal.
(c) Rolling Stone.
(d) Time Magazine.
3. What friend of Walker's in San Francisco was a pretty white model?
4. What were state and local laws in the United States which mandated racial segregation in all public facilities, with a supposedly "separate but equal" status for black Americans?
(a) Murphy's law.
(b) Seperation of Chuch and State.
(c) Roe vs. Wade.
(d) Jim Crow laws.
5. What was the name of Walker's paternal great-grandmother?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Alice Walker graduate from college?
2. Mel Leventhal's second wife was of what heritage?
3. What was the name of the childhood babysitter Rebecca wrote to in Part 2?
4. What kind of building did Mel Leventhal live in with his second wife?
5. What did Walker lie about to the neighborhood boy she began going out with in Part 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Walker's mother change through the 1970s?
2. How does Walker describe her uncle Bobby?
3. How was Walker's relationship with her mother in early adolescence? What insecurities did she have?
4. What did Walker imagine Jackie's reaction would be of her home? How does she view her cousins today?
5. When did Walker first meet her father's second wife? How does she describe this visit?
6. How does Walker describe Grandma Miriam in Part 1?
7. Describe some of the tender moments of Walker's early childhood. What kind things did her parents do for her?
8. What does Walker describe of her memories of moving to Brooklyn in Part 2?
9. How does Walker describe her first birthday in Part 1? What does she urge the reader to do on their own?
10. Who is Rebecca Walker's mother? How is she depicted in the memoir?
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)