|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Walker find a stack of while babysitting for a Jewish family in Part 9?
(a) Old paintings.
(c) Twenty dollar bills.
(d) Playboy magazines.
2. Alice Walker kept a photograph of a direct relative who was a what?
(a) Shop keeper.
(c) Slave owner.
(d) Army General.
3. In Part 10, Walker describes her relationship with Michael during the first part of her freshman year of high school as what?
(a) Hot and heavy.
(b) Loving and eternal.
(c) On again off again.
(d) Shy and awkward.
4. Walker writes in Part 8 that she realizes her parents raised her to expect what?
5. What did Walker do when her friend Lisa came to tell her goodbye in Part 7?
(a) Hugged her goodbye.
(b) Wept loudly.
(c) Didn't answer the door.
(d) Asked Lisa to come with her.
6. When did Walker's father come to San Francisco for the first time?
(a) Walker's high school graduation.
(b) For a family reunion.
(c) To hear a speach.
(d) Walker's marraige.
7. What college-age counselor at the summer camp defended Walker's right to be a captain in Part 8?
8. What did Walker and her friends refer to the richest and snobbiest of the girls at summer camp in Part 8?
9. Where did Walker choose to fulfill an internship in high school?
(a) Wall Street.
(b) The Museum of Modern Art.
(c) The U.S. Mint.
10. Where did Walker move after spending two years in Larchmont in Part 10?
(b) Las Vegas.
(c) San Francisco.
11. Where did Walker go to live at the end of sixth grade?
(b) Washington, D.C.
12. What does Walker claim all black people desire to have in Part 11?
(b) Long lives.
(c) A soulmate.
13. Walker compares her memory in Part 8 to what?
(a) A locomotive.
(b) A cab driver.
(c) A guard at a hotel.
(d) A racehorse.
14. Whose funeral does Walker describe in Part 17?
(b) Grandma Miriam's.
(c) Her mother's.
15. Michael told Walker in Part 12 that the Urban School brought out the what in her?
(d) White girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Rebecca Walker elected as president of her high school class?
2. Whenever Alice and Rebecca Walker would have moments of strive in Part 10, what would her mother do?
3. Midway through her freshman year of high school, Walker began to fear she was what?
4. Who guided Walker through many of the milestones in a young woman's life, including her first period?
5. Walker chose to attend the high school that who had graduated from in Part 10?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)