|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was Alice Walker born?
2. What non-profit organization aiming to encourage young women to get involved in activism and leadership roles was co-founded by Rebecca Walker?
(a) Third Wave Foundation.
(b) Fed Up Inc.
(c) The Sensitivity Society.
(d) Woman Power International.
3. What neighborhood boy did Walker develop feelings for in San Francisco in Part 6?
4. Who was Walker's favorite uncle in her childhood?
5. What teacher blamed Walker's black features for her failure to perform in Part 5?
(a) Her english teacher.
(b) Her science teacher.
(c) Her ballet teacher.
(d) Her math teacher.
6. What did Walker long to be recognized as in Part 2?
(b) A woman.
7. How did Walker's paternal grandmother treat Walker in her childhood?
(a) Punished her.
(b) Beat her.
(c) Spoiled her.
(d) Neglected her.
8. What kind of building did Mel Leventhal live in with his second wife?
(a) A brownstone.
(b) An office building.
(c) A country cottage.
(d) A high-rise.
9. How does Walker describe her father's skin in Part 3 in comparison with her own?
10. What did Walker's parents work together on while living in Mississippi?
(a) Women's rights.
(b) The right to bear arms.
(c) Civil rights.
(d) Religious rights.
11. What did Walker's father host in the house because he had to stay home to protect this family from a threat by the Klan in Part 1?
(a) A birthday party.
(b) Thanksgiving dinner.
(c) A poker night.
(d) A bachelor party.
12. Walker's father believed that his grandmother did not react to people because of having been traumatized where?
(a) Warsaw, Poland.
(b) Communist Russia.
(c) Nazi Germany.
(d) London, England.
13. Whose camisole was Walker wearing when Michael came over at night in Part 6?
(a) Her aunt's.
(b) Her mother's.
(c) Her best friend's.
(d) Her sister's.
14. Where did Louisa take Walker to "rescue" her from the city in Part 2?
(c) Long Island.
(d) New Jersey.
15. Where did Walker's family move after leaving the south?
(c) The Bronx.
(d) Long Island.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Rebecca Walker's father?
2. Where was Alice Walker born?
3. What was the name of Rebecca Walker's paternal grandmother?
4. In what year did Alice Walker win the Pulitzer Prize for Fiction?
5. How did Rebecca Walker's paternal grandmother treat Walker's mother?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)