|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Rebecca Walker's paternal grandmother?
(a) Grandma Miriam.
(b) Grandma Melissa.
(c) Grandma Mabel.
(d) Grandma Marsha.
2. Where did Walker move with her mother following her parents' divorce?
(d) The Bronx.
3. What is the name of Walker's stepmother?
(a) Alice Leventhal.
(b) Sarah Leventhal.
(c) Judy Leventhal.
(d) Hannah Leventhal.
4. What friend of Walker's in San Francisco was a pretty white model?
5. What is the name of Rebecca Walker's mother?
(a) Melissa Walker.
(b) Shannon Walker.
(c) Jennifer Walker.
(d) Alice Walker.
6. What school play did Walker want to be a part of in Part 5 but found she failed to gain acceptance from the black girls that appeared to be running the show?
(c) Romeo and Juliet.
7. When was Walker's book To be Real: Telling the Truth and Changing the Face of Feminism published?
8. In what year did Rebecca Walker's parents marry?
9. What were state and local laws in the United States which mandated racial segregation in all public facilities, with a supposedly "separate but equal" status for black Americans?
(a) Seperation of Chuch and State.
(b) Roe vs. Wade.
(c) Murphy's law.
(d) Jim Crow laws.
10. What was the name of Walker's paternal great-grandmother?
11. To whom did Rebecca Walker write letters in Part 2 in addition to her babysitter?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
12. Walker's favorite uncle growing up was whose brother?
(a) Her grandfather's.
(b) Her father's.
(c) Her mother's.
(d) Her grandmother's.
13. What is the name of Rebecca Walker's father?
(a) Herman Schuster.
(b) Jefferson Mills.
(c) John Wellington.
(d) Mel Leventhal.
14. Where did Louisa take Walker to "rescue" her from the city in Part 2?
(c) Long Island.
(d) New Jersey.
15. What occupation did Rebecca Walker's father hold?
Short Answer Questions
1. Michael is at least how many years older than Rebecca Walker?
2. Who stood up for Walker when two girls tried to steal her bike in Part 6?
3. In what class play did Walker land a lead role in Part 4?
4. What book so affected Walker that she had nightmares for weeks after reading it in Part 5?
5. Mel Leventhal's second wife was of what heritage?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)