|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Walker's favorite uncle in Part 3 married an outsider who was what?
2. Walker writes in Part 3 that her favorite uncle was not afraid to do what, as opposed to the rest of her Jewish family?
(a) Go camping.
(b) Touch her.
(c) Go hunting.
(d) Speak to her.
3. What did Alice Walker go to Washington, D.C. to do a reading for in Part 5?
(a) The Senate.
(b) The Library of Congress.
(c) The Smithsonian.
(d) The White House.
4. What was Rebecca Walker's aunt unable to do with Walker's hair in Part 5?
(a) Cornrow it.
(b) Dreadlock it.
(c) Braid it.
(d) Beehive it.
5. Michael is at least how many years older than Rebecca Walker?
6. Where did Walker and Michael make love for the first time in Part 6?
(a) The study.
(b) A motel room.
(c) A car.
(d) In a tent.
7. Who sent Rebecca Walker money for a bike in Part 6?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her uncle.
(d) Grandma Miriam.
8. How did Walker react to her parents' fighting in Part 2?
9. In Part 1, Walker pictures herself as a baby as the character in a movie or a poem by whom?
(a) Langston Hughes.
(b) Allen Ginsburg.
(c) Jim Morrison.
(d) Henry David Thoreau.
10. What occupation did Rebecca Walker's father hold?
11. What did Louisa study?
12. Where did Walker write of bathing for the last time with her father in Part 3?
(a) In the pool.
(b) In the jacuzzi.
(c) In the tub.
(d) In the sink.
13. What was the name of the childhood babysitter Rebecca wrote to in Part 2?
14. What was the name of Rebecca Walker's first boyfriend?
15. Where did Walker's family move after leaving the south?
(a) Long Island.
(b) The Bronx.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose camisole was Walker wearing when Michael came over at night in Part 6?
2. Walker's father believed that his grandmother did not react to people because of having been traumatized where?
3. What did Walker's parents work together on while living in Mississippi?
4. Where was Rebecca Walker born?
5. Walker notes in Part 3 that her mother had many what decorations in their home?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)