|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Walker's favorite uncle growing up was whose brother?
(a) Her mother's.
(b) Her father's.
(c) Her grandmother's.
(d) Her grandfather's.
2. For what novel did Rebecca Walker's mother win the Pulitzer Prize for Fiction?
(a) The Rough Touch.
(b) The Clanging Sound.
(c) The Color Purple.
(d) The Fishy Smell.
3. In Part 1, Walker pictures herself as a baby as the character in a movie or a poem by whom?
(a) Henry David Thoreau.
(b) Jim Morrison.
(c) Langston Hughes.
(d) Allen Ginsburg.
4. How does Walker describe her father's skin in Part 3 in comparison with her own?
5. Rebecca Walker was born how long after the assassination of Martin Luther King, Jr.?
(a) 4 hours.
(b) 12 days.
(c) 7 weeks.
(d) 17 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Walker often do in order to avoid uncomfortable feelings when visiting her extended family in Part 3?
2. How did Walker react to her parents' fighting in Part 2?
3. Where did Walker's family move after leaving the south?
4. What did Walker's father host in the house because he had to stay home to protect this family from a threat by the Klan in Part 1?
5. Where did Walker write of bathing for the last time with her father in Part 3?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)