|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was used to deter the smell of death?
2. Those evicting tenants often arriving carrying which item?
3. How many times more potato crops did the Irish plant?
4. How did the potato crops fare?
5. The act required assistance from which segment of the population?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The British became embarrassed by the number of juvenile inmates being deported from Ireland. Explain why there were so many juvenile inmates. What were their crimes? Were the sentences imposed upon the youths too harsh or not harsh enough?
Essay Topic 2
There are many acts mentioned in the book. List each act that was passed and introduced by the British government, its purpose and overall effect for the British and Irish.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the climate in Ireland. How does the weather affect the crops? What crops can be successfully planted and harvested? Which are the most valuable? Which crops might have saved the Irish from starvation? Where would the crops be sold? To whom would the crops be sold?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)