|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What agreement officially joined the United Kingdom?
(a) Act of Union.
(b) Irish Penal Law.
(c) Treaty of London.
(d) Magna Carta.
2. During which month was the first crop harvested?
3. Which of the following was NOT blamed for the problem?
4. What was not a typical cash crop for farmers?
5. According to the book, which of the following was not imported or exported?
Short Answer Questions
1. What material was used to construct the walls of the cabins?
2. What is Pythopthora infestans?
3. About one-third of the Irish held what occupation?
4. What was the direction of the wind during the famine's second year?
5. People were required to present which item to receive food?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the events surrounding the deaths of passengers en route to America.
2. What were some of the hardships face by the emigrants?
3. Name some of the things the emigrants took with them to America.
4. Explain the basics of the population in Ireland and how they lived.
5. Describe how the blight arrived in Ireland and infected the crops.
6. What were the weather conditions like in the spring?
7. What was one of the biggest benefits of the soup kitchens?
8. Name at least two causes for the poverty in Ireland in the mid-1800s.
9. Explain the purpose of the formation of Young Ireland.
10. Landlords soon found there was a cheaper and easier way to deal with evicted tenants. What was it?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)