|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the farmer's secondary crop?
2. What was deposited due to wind and rain?
3. Who was hit the hardest by the famine?
4. What was often cooked with cabbage leaves?
5. How many people were allowed into the kitchen area at one time?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much of the harvest was lost in 1846?
2. Who was responsible for setting up soup kitchens?
3. How long would the imported corn supply last?
4. The Prime Minister set up what kind of committee as a result of the famine?
5. Most of Ireland's economy was based on what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Name at least two causes for the poverty in Ireland in the mid-1800s.
2. Explain why the workhouses fell into chaos during the second year of the famine.
3. How did the people react to the change in the weather?
4. Explain the purpose of the formation of Young Ireland.
5. Who replaced Peel as Prime Minister? What was the man's view on the famine?
6. Name at least one benefit for the landlord that evicted tenants.
7. Define the class system of the Irish people. Include the occupations and locations of landowners.
8. Explain the basics of the population in Ireland and how they lived.
9. Explain the physicians' advice to the sick and dying regarding disease.
10. How did Peel attempt to get the Corn Laws repealed?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)