|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The act required assistance from which segment of the population?
2. Where were the goods on board the ship being sent?
3. What world leader agreed to avoid British politics?
(a) King of Spain.
(b) Queen Victoria.
(c) President of the United States.
4. When did the leaders arrive in the city?
5. Young Ireland was most adamant about which of the following?
(a) Punishment of officials.
(b) Growing more lucrative crops.
6. What was a major concern aboard the ships?
7. When did the Illustrated News report on the famine?
8. Where did the arrest take place?
9. What was commonly added to the water barrels?
10. How many times more potato crops did the Irish plant?
11. What were created to simulate traditional burial?
(c) Bottomless coffins.
12. Larger farmers and landlords looked forward to which event?
(a) Arrival of the Prime Minister.
(b) Paying off debts.
(c) Summer solstice.
(d) Immigration of loved ones.
13. What was used to deter the smell of death?
14. Where did the Queen disembark in Ireland?
(a) Cork Harbor.
(b) Claire Harbor.
(c) Dublin Harbor.
(d) Tipperary Harbor.
15. What other crop was destroyed?
Short Answer Questions
1. In which month was the report released?
2. What system was overwhelmed by the arrival of the Irish?
3. Queen Victoria was purposely directed away from which of the following?
4. Whose home was commandeered by the military?
5. How many people did a landlord evict in one night?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)