|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was the failed Irish rebellion?
2. The act required assistance from which segment of the population?
3. Who offered advice to prevent or cure infection?
(a) British government.
4. When was the Rate-in-Aid Act passed?
5. Landlords were required to pay for a tenant's stay in the workhouse for how long?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 2 years.
6. Queen Victoria was purposely directed away from which of the following?
(a) Potato fields.
(d) Razed towns.
7. How many of Ireland's unions were on the verge of bankruptcy?
8. Which of the following is not true of Rossa?
(a) Founded a pro-nationalism movement.
(b) Was elected to Parliament.
(c) Became a United States Senator.
(d) Was arrested for treason.
9. What attacked the corpses out in the open?
10. When did the leaders arrive in the city?
11. What disease was spread by lice?
12. In which month was the report released?
13. For the Irish, packing belongings was what kind of task?
14. Passengers were often faced with what group?
(d) Immigration officers.
15. What act was passed in April 1848?
(a) Corn Laws Act.
(b) Treason Felony Act.
(c) Imperialism Act.
(d) Common Laws Act.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many passengers were allowed aboard compared to the five ton limit according to the British?
2. Why did the wealthy Irish want large tracts of land?
3. Which town was evicted just before Christmas?
4. According to Rossa, what killed out the "good people?"
5. One man was given a two month jail sentence for damaging what item?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)