|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What act was passed in April 1848?
(a) Corn Laws Act.
(b) Imperialism Act.
(c) Common Laws Act.
(d) Treason Felony Act.
2. What was the first name of Mrs. O'Donnel?
3. How did the British refer to the famine?
4. When did the Illustrated News report on the famine?
5. The landlord offered to send the people to which port?
6. The Irish considered a wooden coffin to be the minimum requirement for the dead to maintain their:
7. Which of the following is not listed as a forgotten tradition?
(c) Sunday meals.
(d) Welcoming strangers.
8. When did Ireland gain independence from Britain?
9. When was the Rate-in-Aid Act passed?
10. Where did the arrest take place?
11. One man was given a two month jail sentence for damaging what item?
(b) Water supply.
(d) Walking stick.
12. Even after the blight was over, many Irish continued to believe it was caused by which of the following?
(b) Large farmers.
(c) The British.
13. Which of the following was not recommended for preventing disease?
(a) Bathe often.
(b) Disinfect utensils.
(c) Wear clean clothes.
(d) Whitewash your house.
14. According to Rossa, what killed out the "good people?"
(c) The British.
15. Larger farmers and landlords looked forward to which event?
(a) Arrival of the Prime Minister.
(b) Paying off debts.
(c) Summer solstice.
(d) Immigration of loved ones.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the potato crops fare?
2. Which country is not referred to by Queen Victoria?
3. The Irish were told to move which item away from their doors?
4. What type of roof did most cabins have?
5. What caused the blight to spread rapidly in this chapter?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)