|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One man was given a two month jail sentence for damaging what item?
(a) Walking stick.
(c) Water supply.
2. Why did the wealthy Irish want large tracts of land?
(a) To increase cash crops.
(b) To keep Britain out of Ireland.
(c) To expand dairy herds.
(d) To develop new housing.
3. To which city was the Illustrated News related?
4. Who offered advice to prevent or cure infection?
(c) British government.
5. The leaders from Young Ireland went to which city?
(d) New York.
6. How many children did Mrs. O'Donnel have?
7. How were some landlords punished?
8. What attacked the corpses out in the open?
9. The act required assistance from which segment of the population?
10. What was a major concern aboard the ships?
11. Which of the following most embarrassed the British government?
(a) Juvenile inmates.
(b) Inability to control Ireland.
(c) Continued destruction of crops.
(d) Number of dying emigrants.
12. When was the Rate-in-Aid Act passed?
13. What was the weather like in May and June?
14. What act was passed in April 1848?
(a) Treason Felony Act.
(b) Imperialism Act.
(c) Corn Laws Act.
(d) Common Laws Act.
15. How many leaders of Young Ireland were arrested?
Short Answer Questions
1. Those evicting tenants often arriving carrying which item?
2. Which of the following was the topic of rumors?
3. How many people in total emigrated from Ireland?
4. For the Irish, packing belongings was what kind of task?
5. Landlords were required to pay for a tenant's stay in the workhouse for how long?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)