|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people were allowed into the kitchen area at one time?
2. What was the young man's offense?
(c) Stealing potatoes.
3. What system was designed to help workers earn money?
(a) Industrial Labor.
(b) Day Labor Camps.
(c) Public Works.
4. Who was often referred to as the "gentleman who paid the rent?"
(c) Farm hand.
5. How long would the imported corn supply last?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 10 months.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 6 months.
6. Who was hit the hardest by the famine?
7. How often did farmers pay the rent?
8. What ratio represents the number of the poverty-stricken Irish?
9. Which government program/act was terminated?
(a) Public Works Administration.
(b) Penal Laws.
(c) Department of Welfare.
(d) Corn Laws.
10. What was considered to be a primary dietary staple?
11. Which month was plagued by heavy rains?
12. At what location did laborers gather to complain about lack of wages?
13. What happened to the man that stole the food?
(a) Died from shock.
(b) Burned his hands.
(c) Was beaten.
(d) Got caught.
14. What color are the flowers on a potato plant?
15. Farmers were given specific instructions on how to do which of the following:
(a) Destroy the blight seed.
(b) Grow soybeans.
(c) Rotate crops.
(d) Salvage potatoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was the National School System established?
2. During which month was the first crop harvested?
3. In what year did the famine strike?
4. The author writes about which county?
5. Most of Ireland's economy was based on what?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)