|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom did the Prime Minister go to for help?
(a) House of Lords.
(b) Queen Victoria.
(c) House of Commons.
(d) Winston Churchill.
2. How long would it take for the blight to destroy a potato field?
3. What happened to the man that stole the food?
(a) Died from shock.
(b) Was beaten.
(c) Got caught.
(d) Burned his hands.
4. What was the surname of the farmer and his children?
5. Many farmers believed that the blight could not survive what?
(d) God's grace.
Short Answer Questions
1. Although the United States never officially offered aid, it did send what items?
2. What is Pythopthora infestans?
3. How fast did the blight travel across Ireland?
4. What material was used to construct the walls of the cabins?
5. In which county was a 16 year old arrested?
This section contains 163 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)