|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the farmer's secondary crop?
2. How much of the harvest was lost in 1846?
3. What job would be likely for one of the workers?
(a) Teaching day school.
(b) Crushing stone.
(c) Building bridges.
(d) Burning ruined crops.
4. Who did not pay for the upkeep on the workhouses?
(a) Middling farmers.
(d) Large farmers.
5. A "dip-at-the-stool" meal consisted of dipping potatoes into which liquid?
(c) Salt water.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1690, Protestant King William of Orange defeated the Irish at which river?
2. Which of the following was NOT blamed for the problem?
3. The imported corn could feed how many people?
4. What was often cooked with cabbage leaves?
5. In what month did the 1846 blight begin?
This section contains 129 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)