|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How often did farmers pay the rent?
2. At what location did laborers gather to complain about lack of wages?
3. Most of Ireland's economy was based on what?
4. What was to blame for Ireland's poverty?
(a) Land system.
(b) High taxes.
(d) Poor governance.
5. About one-third of the Irish held what occupation?
(c) Transportation worker.
(d) Sheep herder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was considered to be a primary dietary staple?
2. Who was Nicholas Cummins?
3. What ratio represents the number of the poverty-stricken Irish?
4. In what year was the National School System established?
5. Who was responsible for setting up soup kitchens?
This section contains 125 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)