|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did many of the landlords live?
2. What was the primary source of income for most large farms?
(b) Dairy herds.
3. About one-third of the Irish held what occupation?
(a) Sheep herder.
(d) Transportation worker.
4. In which county was a 16 year old arrested?
(a) County Waterford.
(b) County Mayo.
(c) County Kilkenny.
(d) County Cork.
5. The Prime Minister set up what kind of committee as a result of the famine?
(b) Criminal investigation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Other diseases were carried by which insect/animal?
2. In what month did the 1846 blight begin?
3. What would people use to steal from farms?
4. What was to blame for Ireland's poverty?
5. Who offered advice to prevent or cure infection?
This section contains 143 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)