1. In what year did the famine strike?
2. Which month was plagued by heavy rains?
3. What was considered to be a primary dietary staple?
4. How many inhabitants were in Ireland at this time?
(a) 4.5 million.
(b) 6 million.
(c) 3 million.
(d) 8 million.
5. How many acres were planted?
(a) 100 thousand.
(b) 150 thousand.
(c) 1 million.
(d) 2 million.
6. During which month was the first crop harvested?
7. During which month was the second crop harvested?
8. The author writes about which county?
9. What was the surname of the farmer and his children?
10. How many children did the farmer have helping out in the fields?
11. What kind of container was used to transport the harvested crops?
12. Where was the crop stored?
(a) In a cellar.
(b) In a warehouse.
(c) In a pit.
(d) In a smokehouse.
This section contains 2,547 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)