|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jan Earnst Matzeliger is most well known for revolutionizing which industry?
(c) Manufacture of clothing.
(d) Small engine.
2. In what year did Edison invent the electric light?
3. Latimer gained some fame after _____________.
(a) Fighting for civil rights.
(b) Writing a poem.
(c) Inventing the electric pencil sharpener.
4. Which company hired Latimer upon his return from war?
(a) George and Cutler.
(b) Garrison and Douglass.
(c) Crosby and Gould.
(d) Wright and Woods.
5. Who was the operator of a nearby school?
Short Answer Questions
1. Latimer received the patent for creating a manufacturing process for which item?
2. Banneker's grandfather was born of royal blood from which country?
3. Lewis joined which branch of the military during the Civil War?
4. Which adjective best describes Matzeliger's family?
5. In what year did Latimer file his most important patent?
This section contains 148 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)