|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who ends up gaining the Democratic candidacy for Vice-President in Chapter 10?
2. When Matthew gives a speech in Chapter 7, it appears that he supports whom?
3. How many telegrams and long distance telephone calls of congratulation did the radio station receive after Reverend Givens' speech in Chapter 9?
4. What do the mill workers do once they hear the rumors about the chairman of the strike in Chapter 7?
5. Black-No-More will be shutting down all but how many of its sanitariums in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dr. Broker reveal to Matthew in Chapter 12? What does he offer to do?
2. How do the antihero and his conspirators escape in Chapter 12?
3. What does Dr. Buggerie inform Snobbcraft about the data in Chapter 11?
4. How does Matthew discredit the chairman of the strike in Chapter 7?
5. What is notable about the broadcasting company name in Chapter 9?
6. Who is nominated in Chapter 10 for the Democratic candidate for the Presidency?
7. What word does Matthew receive of a strike in Chapter 7? Where does he go?
8. What does Buggerie reveal about Snobbcraft's ancestry in Chapter 11? What of the other candidates?
9. Who are the Anglo-Saxon Association of America, and who leads them?
10. What obstacle and danger does Matthew face at the end of Chapter 10?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the history of white supremacy organizations in the U.S. and examine their depiction in the novel. How realistic is the depiction?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the portrayal of black society in Black No More. Do you think that the characters are justified in abandoning their ancestry for a better life? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Dr. Crookman, Hank Johnson and Chuck Foster. What is the history of each character and what characteristics does each embody?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)