|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose picture is on the cover of the newspaper in Chapter 12?
(a) Reverend Givens'.
(b) Mr. Hortzenboff.
(c) Rev. Alex McPhule.
(d) Senator Rufus Kretin.
2. Rufus Kretin speaks with Matthew in Chapter 8 about stopping what?
(a) The growing black vote.
(b) The lynchings in Mississippi.
(c) The growing Republican vote.
(d) The rising river.
3. Who explains to Dr. Crookman, Hank Johnson, and Chuck Foster that the Republican Party needs more money for its upcoming presidential campaign in the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) Rev. Alex McPhule.
(b) Gorman Gay.
(d) Dr. Broker.
4. Who delivers Helen's baby in Chapter 12?
(a) Dr. Broker.
(b) Dr. Junius Crookman.
(c) Dr. Joseph Bonds.
(d) Dr. Shakespeare Agamemnon Beard.
5. What gathers outside the hospital in Chapter 12?
(a) News reporters.
(c) A celebratory crowd.
(d) A mob.
Short Answer Questions
1. Radical labor organizers from where go to visit the small mill town out of concern for the ending strike in Chapter 7?
2. Where did Buggerie leave the summary sheet of the data in Chapter 11?
3. Who sends a telegram to Bunny in Chapter 12?
4. How long is it before the election in the beginning of Chapter 11?
5. Black-No-More will be shutting down all but how many of its sanitariums in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the Anglo-Saxon Association of America, and who leads them?
2. What worrisome news does Matthew relate about Helen in Chapter 8? What is Bunny's reply?
3. How are the opposing Presidential candidates presented in Chapter 10?
4. What word does Matthew receive of a strike in Chapter 7? Where does he go?
5. Why do the mill laborers distrust the New York unionizers in Chapter 7?
6. What does Buggerie reveal about Snobbcraft's ancestry in Chapter 11? What of the other candidates?
7. How long has Black-No-More Inc. been in operation in Chapter 8? What impact has this had on society?
8. Why are Democrats worried about losing votes in Chapter 8?
9. In what way does Matthew cheat everyone involved in the strike in Chapter 7?
10. Who is nominated in Chapter 10 for the Democratic candidate for the Presidency?
This section contains 918 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)