|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Black-No-More has been in business for how long in Chapter 8?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 7 years.
(d) 2 years.
2. In Chapter 10, the National Chairman of the Republican National Committee promises that the government will protect the hospitals if Black-No-More donates how much to the campaign?
3. What do the mill owners build for their employees, who have no time to use it?
(a) A swimming pool.
(b) Housing quarters.
(c) A lunchroom.
(d) A gym.
4. Dr. Buggerie tells Snobbcraft in Chapter 11 that he believes Matthew used to be what?
5. Who tells the Anglo-Saxon Association's Board of Directors that he can prove a large portion of the population possess non-white ancestry in Chapter 10?
(a) Dr. Buggerie.
(b) Gorman Gay.
(c) Arthur Snobbcraft.
(d) Reverend Givens.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, a mob sets fire to a lying-in hospital, burning to death a dozen babies where?
2. Black-No-More will be shutting down all but how many of its sanitariums in Chapter 10?
3. What do the mill workers do once they hear the rumors about the chairman of the strike in Chapter 7?
4. Who ends up gaining the Democratic candidacy for Vice-President in Chapter 10?
5. What statistician does the Anglo-Saxon Association of America hire in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Matthew go about shutting down the Republican vote in Chapter 9?
2. How long has Black-No-More Inc. been in operation in Chapter 8? What impact has this had on society?
3. Who are the Anglo-Saxon Association of America, and who leads them?
4. How do Snobbcraft and Dr. Buggerie attempt to cover their tracks in Chapter 11? What do they discover?
5. How do the antihero and his conspirators escape in Chapter 12?
6. In what way does Matthew cheat everyone involved in the strike in Chapter 7?
7. What does Buggerie reveal about Snobbcraft's ancestry in Chapter 11? What of the other candidates?
8. What is notable about the broadcasting company name in Chapter 9?
9. What are Matthew's thoughts about Helen's pregnancy in Chapter 11?
10. How does Matthew discredit the chairman of the strike in Chapter 7?
This section contains 928 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)