|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the mill workers do once they hear the rumors about the chairman of the strike in Chapter 7?
(a) Shoot him.
(b) Promote him to president.
(c) Run him from town.
(d) Lynch him.
2. In Chapter 11, Matthew reveals to Bunny that Helen will be having a baby in how long?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 6 weeks.
(c) 4 months.
(d) 3 weeks.
3. Where did Buggerie leave the summary sheet of the data in Chapter 11?
(a) Santop Licorice's house.
(b) Chuck Foster's house.
(c) Arthur Snobbcraft's house.
(d) Walter Williams's house.
4. In Chapter 8, Southern politicians feel threatened about what?
(a) Losing their seats to Republicans.
(b) Losing their seats to Communists.
(c) Losing their sesats to women.
(d) Losing their seats to blacks.
5. What does Reverend Givens do upon entering Helen's room in Chapter 12?
(a) Shoots himself.
(b) Throws himself on the bed.
(c) Jumps through the window.
(d) Shouts at Matthew.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Matthew ask of the mill owners to prevent a strike in Chapter 7?
2. What refers to a protagonist who lacks the attributes that make a heroic figure, such as nobility of mind and spirit, a life or attitude marked by action or purpose?
3. What does the word "buggery" relate to?
4. Rufus Kretin is a Senator from where?
5. What gathers outside the hospital in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the mill laborers distrust the New York unionizers in Chapter 7?
2. Who are the Anglo-Saxon Association of America, and who leads them?
3. What does Buggerie reveal about Snobbcraft's ancestry in Chapter 11? What of the other candidates?
4. What does Dr. Buggerie promise to produce to Arthur Snobbcraft in Chapter 9?
5. How does Matthew discredit the chairman of the strike in Chapter 7?
6. Why does Rufus Kretin meet with Matthew in Chapter 8?
7. How do the antihero and his conspirators escape in Chapter 12?
8. How does Matthew go about shutting down the Republican vote in Chapter 9?
9. What does Givens do upon arrival in Chapter 12? What does Helen ask Matthew?
10. Why are Democrats worried about losing votes in Chapter 8?
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)