|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how long has Matthew been guarding his secret from the Givens' in Chapter 12?
(a) 8 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 7 years.
2. Black-No-More will be shutting down all but how many of its sanitariums in Chapter 10?
3. Who explains to Dr. Crookman, Hank Johnson, and Chuck Foster that the Republican Party needs more money for its upcoming presidential campaign in the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) Dr. Broker.
(c) Rev. Alex McPhule.
(d) Gorman Gay.
4. Where does Matthew want to send Helen in Chapter 8?
(a) A lying-in hospital.
(b) To her grave.
(c) To prison.
(d) A mental institution.
5. Where do the Givens' and others escape to in Chapter 12?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells the Anglo-Saxon Association's Board of Directors that he can prove a large portion of the population possess non-white ancestry in Chapter 10?
2. How many people read the report that the President has made on Black-No-More in Chapter 9?
3. The thank you note from the thief in Chapter 11 is signed by whom?
4. What does Matthew tell the mill owners he will do if they choose not to pay him?
5. Where did Buggerie leave the summary sheet of the data in Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Matthew go about shutting down the Republican vote in Chapter 9?
2. What does Givens do upon arrival in Chapter 12? What does Helen ask Matthew?
3. How does Matthew discredit the chairman of the strike in Chapter 7?
4. In what way does Matthew cheat everyone involved in the strike in Chapter 7?
5. Who are the Anglo-Saxon Association of America, and who leads them?
6. How do Snobbcraft and Dr. Buggerie attempt to cover their tracks in Chapter 11? What do they discover?
7. How do the antihero and his conspirators escape in Chapter 12?
8. What does Dr. Broker reveal to Matthew in Chapter 12? What does he offer to do?
9. What obstacle and danger does Matthew face at the end of Chapter 10?
10. Why does Rufus Kretin meet with Matthew in Chapter 8?
This section contains 946 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)