|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is an organization of workers that have banded together to achieve common goals such as better working conditions?
(d) Trade union.
2. How long has Black-No-More been in operation in Chapter 5?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 7.5 months.
(c) 4 months.
(d) 10.5 months.
3. How does Max know Mrs. Blandish?
(a) She's his mother's friend.
(b) She's his landlady.
(c) She's his sister.
(d) She's his ex-girlfriend.
4. What term refers to the specific type of central character which leads the action in "Black No More"?
5. Who is the founder of the Back-to-Africa Society?
(a) Dr. Joseph Bonds.
(b) Dr. Shakespeare Agamemnon Beard.
(c) Santop Licorice.
(d) Walter Williams.
Short Answer Questions
1. Black residents in New York are moving out of what neighborhood in Chapter 3?
2. Where does Max stop by where all his friends hang out after dropping off the reporter in Chapter 2?
3. One editorialist in Chapter 3 is particularly angry that the offspring of those who become white will what?
4. What refers to an association, alliance, or confederation of individuals or groups for a common purpose, especially a political one?
5. What doorkeeper doesn't recognize Max and tells him to go away in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Max in Chapter 4? How has his identity changed?
2. What aspects of Matthew make it difficult for the reader to sympathize with him?
3. What is Chuck Foster's back-story in the novel?
4. Why is anger developing in the South over Black-No-More Inc. in Chapter 3?
5. What hypocrisy is pointed out about Dr. Crookman in Chapter 3?
6. What complication arises for Max once the news article is released in Chapter 2?
7. Where and when does Chapter 1 of "Black No More" begin? What two characters meet in the opening?
8. What examples of uniting take place in Chapter 6?
9. What does Max remark about his skin after the procedure in Chapter 2? How is this satirical?
10. What plans are discussed for Black-No-More Inc. in the beginning of Chapter 5?
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)