|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 9, Matthew decides to have Reverend Givens call on who to shut down Black-No-More on national radio?
(a) The Communist Party.
(b) The Democratic administration.
(c) The Republican administration.
(d) The Pope.
2. In Chapter 11, Matthew tells Bunny he sent Helen to resorts, thinking that travel might what?
(a) Ruin her affair.
(b) Cause a miscarriage.
(c) Destroy her marriage.
(d) Encourage her to leave him.
3. Who do the Anglo-Saxon members want to nominate for the Democratic candidate for Presidency in Chapter 10?
(a) Arthur Snobbcraft.
(b) Reverend Givens.
(c) Hank Johnson.
(d) Mr. Hortzenboff.
4. The mill workers ignore the northern labor organizers in Chapter 7 because they suspect one was once black and they know another to be what?
(a) A woman.
(c) A Jew.
5. Where did Buggerie leave the summary sheet of the data in Chapter 11?
(a) Walter Williams's house.
(b) Chuck Foster's house.
(c) Arthur Snobbcraft's house.
(d) Santop Licorice's house.
6. Rufus Kretin is a Senator from where?
7. The Anglo-Saxon Association of America is headquartered where?
(a) Philadelphia, PA.
(b) Detroit, MI.
(c) Chicago, IL.
(d) Richmond, VA.
8. What does Reverend Givens do upon entering Helen's room in Chapter 12?
(a) Throws himself on the bed.
(b) Shoots himself.
(c) Jumps through the window.
(d) Shouts at Matthew.
9. In Chapter 8, Southern politicians feel threatened about what?
(a) Losing their seats to Republicans.
(b) Losing their seats to Communists.
(c) Losing their seats to blacks.
(d) Losing their sesats to women.
10. Rufus Kretin speaks with Matthew in Chapter 8 about stopping what?
(a) The growing Republican vote.
(b) The rising river.
(c) The growing black vote.
(d) The lynchings in Mississippi.
11. Black-No-More intends to keep open their lying-in hospitals for whom?
(a) Black women delivering black babies.
(b) White women delivering black babies.
(c) White women delivering white babies.
(d) Black women delivering white babies.
12. What does the doctor who delivered Helen's baby offer to do to avoid a scandal in Chapter 12?
(a) Write a report.
(b) Kill the baby.
(c) Switch the babies.
(d) Kill Helen.
13. Dr. Buggerie's genealogical data reveals that the vast majority of people in the lower and upper classes have what?
(a) Asian ancestries.
(c) Royal blood.
(d) Multiracial ancestries.
14. On whose plane do the Givens' and others escape in Chapter 12?
(a) Old Bob's.
15. Who does Bunny learn has been lynched in Chapter 12?
(a) Santop Licorice.
(b) Walter Brybe.
(c) Senator Kretin.
(d) Hank Johnson.
Short Answer Questions
1. The thank you note from the thief in Chapter 11 is signed by whom?
2. Dr. Buggerie tells Snobbcraft in Chapter 11 that he believes Matthew used to be what?
3. What political party does Rufus Kretin belong to?
4. For how long has Matthew been guarding his secret from the Givens' in Chapter 12?
5. The Anglo-Saxon Association of America claims that it can trace its members' ancestry back almost how many years?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)