|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the National Chairman of the Republican Party in the novel?
(a) Samuel Buggerie.
(b) Harold Goosie.
(c) Walter Brybe.
(d) Gorman Gay.
2. What was passed by the Congress of the United States shortly after the American Civil War helping to protect the voting rights of African-Americans?
(a) The Force Acts.
(b) The Race Acts.
(c) The Power Acts.
(d) The Confederate Acts.
3. For what paper does the reporter work who waits for Max in his cab outside the sanitarium in Chapter 2?
(a) The Sun.
(b) The Herald.
(c) The Times.
(d) The Scimitar.
4. Reverend Henry Givens is described as an "ex" what?
5. What is an organization of workers that have banded together to achieve common goals such as better working conditions?
(b) Trade union.
6. Dr. Crookman is opening sanitarium number what in Chapter 5?
7. What predominantly black area of town in Atlanta does Matthew occasional go to, but no one will speak to him there because he is white in Chapter 4?
(a) Emerald Way.
(b) Auburn Avenue.
(c) Bighton Way.
(d) Folsom Avenue.
8. Despite her distant ancestry, Dr. Crookman's wife appears to be what?
(b) Native American.
9. When was the second Ku Klux Klan established?
10. Who in the novel had been on a Carolina chain gang for two years?
(a) Henry Givens.
(b) Junius Crookman.
(c) Hank Johnson.
(d) Bunny Brown.
11. Bunny and Max pass the sanitarium and see crowds lined up at what time in Chapter 2?
(a) 4 a.m.
(b) 6 a.m.
(c) 7 a.m.
(d) 5 a.m.
12. What kind of business does Mrs. Blandish run for black clientele?
(a) Dress shop.
(b) Hair-straightening shop.
(c) Shoe store.
(d) Jazz club.
13. What kind of art does Dr. Crookman collect?
14. In the beginning of Chapter 6, the Knights of Nordica are celebrating their what anniversary?
15. Where was the second Ku Klux Klan established?
(a) South Carolina.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Dr. Crookman study and gain his expertise?
2. What is the use of words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of its literal meaning?
3. Who is the central character of "Black No More"?
4. How long has Black-No-More been in operation in Chapter 5?
5. How long has Matthew been in Atlanta in Chapter 4?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)