|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Matthew been in Atlanta in Chapter 4?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 1 year.
2. When was the second Ku Klux Klan established?
3. What refers to any White person whose native language is English and whose cultural affiliations are those common to Britain and the U.S.?
4. What year is it in Chapter 6?
5. When was the first Ku Klux Klan established?
6. What holiday is it in the beginning of Chapter 1?
(b) New Year's Eve.
7. How does Max know Mrs. Blandish?
(a) She's his mother's friend.
(b) She's his sister.
(c) She's his ex-girlfriend.
(d) She's his landlady.
8. What was passed by the Congress of the United States shortly after the American Civil War helping to protect the voting rights of African-Americans?
(a) The Force Acts.
(b) The Confederate Acts.
(c) The Race Acts.
(d) The Power Acts.
9. Who is the founder of the Back-to-Africa Society?
(a) Dr. Shakespeare Agamemnon Beard.
(b) Dr. Joseph Bonds.
(c) Walter Williams.
(d) Santop Licorice.
10. For how long has Matthew been editor at the local paper in Chapter 6?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 2 years.
11. What word refers to a Caucasian of non-Jewish descent, especially of the Nordic type?
12. To whom does Dr. Beard have a letter prepared in Chapter 5?
(a) Dr. Joseph Bonds.
(b) Hank Johnson.
(c) Walter Brybe.
(d) Dr. Napoleon Wellington Jackson.
13. Who is the central character of "Black No More"?
(a) Reverend Henry Givens.
(b) Bunny Brown.
(c) Max Disher.
(d) Dr. Junius Crookman.
14. For what paper does the reporter work who waits for Max in his cab outside the sanitarium in Chapter 2?
(a) The Sun.
(b) The Herald.
(c) The Scimitar.
(d) The Times.
15. Where was the second Ku Klux Klan established?
(c) South Carolina.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Max intend to board a train at the end of Chapter 2?
2. Who will serve as the new chairman of the Committee for the Preservation of Negro Racial Integrity in Chapter 5?
3. Who runs the The National Social Equality League?
4. In what area of New York does Max live in the beginning of the novel?
5. Where do Bunny and Max meet in the beginning of Chapter 1?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)