|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does the reporter in the cab offer Max for his story in Chapter 2?
2. What is a militant organization designed to protect and promote the rights of black Americans in the novel?
(a) The Black Panther Party.
(b) Committee for the Preservation of Negro Racial Integrity.
(c) The Back-to-Africa Society.
(d) The National Social Equality League.
3. What white supremacist group is run by Reverend Henry Givens?
(a) Knights of Nordica.
(b) Royals of England.
(c) Clergy of Romania.
(d) Saints of Scotland.
4. What refers to an association, alliance, or confederation of individuals or groups for a common purpose, especially a political one?
5. In what war did Bunny and Max both serve?
(a) World War I.
(b) The Vietnam War.
(c) The War of 1812.
(d) World War II.
6. Who is the National Chairman of the Republican Party in the novel?
(a) Samuel Buggerie.
(b) Gorman Gay.
(c) Walter Brybe.
(d) Harold Goosie.
7. What name did Matthew Fisher go by when he was black?
(a) Max Disher.
(b) Robert Fisher.
(c) Max Fisher.
(d) Matthew Disher.
8. What black doctor has found a way to turn a black person white in the novel?
(a) Dr. Junius Crookman.
(b) Dr. Max Disher.
(c) Dr. Hank Johnson.
(d) Dr. Henry Givens.
9. What predominantly black area of town in Atlanta does Matthew occasional go to, but no one will speak to him there because he is white in Chapter 4?
(a) Auburn Avenue.
(b) Bighton Way.
(c) Emerald Way.
(d) Folsom Avenue.
10. What year is it in Chapter 6?
11. What year is it in the beginning of Chapter 1?
12. Where is Dr. Crookman in Chapter 5?
(a) Denver, CO.
(b) Los Angeles, CA.
(c) Phoenix, AZ.
(d) San Francisco, CA.
13. What word means freedom from anything that debases, contaminates, pollutes, etc.?
14. What is Max Disher's profession in the beginning of the novel?
(a) Prison guard.
(b) Insurance agent.
15. Who in the novel had been on a Carolina chain gang for two years?
(a) Henry Givens.
(b) Hank Johnson.
(c) Junius Crookman.
(d) Bunny Brown.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who will serve as the new chairman of the Committee for the Preservation of Negro Racial Integrity in Chapter 5?
2. Where does Max stop by where all his friends hang out after dropping off the reporter in Chapter 2?
3. What doorkeeper doesn't recognize Max and tells him to go away in Chapter 2?
4. Where is Max's hometown?
5. How long has Black-No-More been in operation in Chapter 5?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)