|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Hank Johnson work his way up in New York?
(a) Mixing drinks.
(b) Cutting hair.
(c) The Numbers racket.
(d) The Wall Street game.
2. Who is the National Chairman of the Republican Party in the novel?
(a) Samuel Buggerie.
(b) Harold Goosie.
(c) Gorman Gay.
(d) Walter Brybe.
3. Who in the novel had been on a Carolina chain gang for two years?
(a) Henry Givens.
(b) Hank Johnson.
(c) Junius Crookman.
(d) Bunny Brown.
4. The Anglo-Saxon Association of America is headquartered where?
(a) Richmond, VA.
(b) Detroit, MI.
(c) Philadelphia, PA.
(d) Chicago, IL.
5. Where does Max go to hear the doctor who can turn black people white speak in Chapter 1?
(a) Tabitha Stevens Hotel.
(b) Phyllis Wheatley Hotel.
(c) Mavis Thompson Hotel.
(d) Gertrude Beatty Hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long has Matthew been editor at the local paper in Chapter 6?
2. What holiday begins Chapter 6?
3. How much money does Matthew ask of the mill owners to prevent a strike in Chapter 7?
4. In the beginning of Chapter 6, the Knights of Nordica are celebrating their what anniversary?
5. Where was the first Ku Klux Klan established?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)