|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name did Matthew Fisher go by when he was black?
(a) Max Disher.
(b) Max Fisher.
(c) Robert Fisher.
(d) Matthew Disher.
2. Who runs the The National Social Equality League?
(a) Walter Williams.
(b) Dr. Shakespeare Agamemnon Beard.
(c) Santop Licorice.
(d) Dr. Joseph Bonds.
3. What kind of business does Mrs. Blandish run for black clientele?
(a) Jazz club.
(b) Hair-straightening shop.
(c) Shoe store.
(d) Dress shop.
4. Who is the central character of "Black No More"?
(a) Bunny Brown.
(b) Reverend Henry Givens.
(c) Dr. Junius Crookman.
(d) Max Disher.
5. What refers to an association, alliance, or confederation of individuals or groups for a common purpose, especially a political one?
Short Answer Questions
1. For what paper does the reporter work who waits for Max in his cab outside the sanitarium in Chapter 2?
2. One editorialist in Chapter 3 is particularly angry that the offspring of those who become white will what?
3. What year is it in the beginning of Chapter 1?
4. Where do Bunny and Max meet in the beginning of Chapter 1?
5. Where are there newspaper editorials decrying Black-No-More in Chapter 3?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)