|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is a Harlem real estate realtor who funded Dr. Crookman's studies in Germany?
(a) Chuck Foster.
(b) Hank Johnson.
(c) Bunny Brown.
(d) Sybil Smith.
2. Who escorts Dr. Crookman home in Chapter 3?
(c) Chuck Foster.
(d) His wife.
3. Where does Max stop by where all his friends hang out after dropping off the reporter in Chapter 2?
(a) Roger's place.
(b) Boogie's place.
(c) Harvey's place.
(d) Jimmy's place.
4. Who is losing all of the business at her hair salon in Chapter 3?
(a) Helen Givens.
(b) Mrs. Johnson.
(c) Mrs. Givens.
(d) Madame Sisseretta Blandish.
5. Where does Bunny Brown work in the beginning of the novel?
(a) Dreamers Bank.
(b) Bermott Bank.
(c) Darington's Bank.
(d) Douglass Bank.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word is widely used in the U.S. to refer to people of European origin or people who are white, even though the original classification was broader than this?
2. What is the name of Dr. Crookman's company?
3. Who in the novel had been on a Carolina chain gang for two years?
4. How did Hank Johnson work his way up in New York?
5. In Chapter 3, Dr. Crookman is tired from all the responsibilities of his new business but believes it will solve what?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)