|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Max know Mrs. Blandish?
(a) She's his sister.
(b) She's his ex-girlfriend.
(c) She's his mother's friend.
(d) She's his landlady.
2. Where do Bunny and Max meet in the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) The Jazz Cellar.
(b) The Honky Tonk Club.
(c) Woodrow's Diner.
(d) The Silver Turtle.
3. What street are Max and the reporter walking down when he is shocked at the fact that no one pays attention to him or thinks it odd that he is with a white woman in Chapter 2?
(b) Park Avenue.
4. What refers to any White person whose native language is English and whose cultural affiliations are those common to Britain and the U.S.?
5. What word is widely used in the U.S. to refer to people of European origin or people who are white, even though the original classification was broader than this?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who escorts Dr. Crookman home in Chapter 3?
2. What year is it in the beginning of Chapter 1?
3. How did Hank Johnson work his way up in New York?
4. What term refers to the specific type of central character which leads the action in "Black No More"?
5. What is the use of words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of its literal meaning?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)