|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the Anglo-Saxon members want to nominate for the Democratic candidate for Presidency in Chapter 10?
(a) Mr. Hortzenboff.
(b) Hank Johnson.
(c) Arthur Snobbcraft.
(d) Reverend Givens.
2. For what newspaper is Matthew the editor in Chapter 6?
(a) The Times.
(b) The Warning.
(c) The Tribune.
(d) The Herald.
3. To where does Max take a taxi in the end of Chapter 2?
(a) Pennsylvania Station.
(b) Central Station.
(c) Wall Street Station.
(d) New Jersey.
4. What holiday is it in the beginning of Chapter 1?
(d) New Year's Eve.
5. What name did Matthew Fisher go by when he was black?
(a) Max Disher.
(b) Robert Fisher.
(c) Max Fisher.
(d) Matthew Disher.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 11, Matthew reveals to Bunny that Helen will be having a baby in how long?
2. What word is widely used in the U.S. to refer to people of European origin or people who are white, even though the original classification was broader than this?
3. Radical labor organizers from where go to visit the small mill town out of concern for the ending strike in Chapter 7?
4. What does Matthew tell the mill owners he will do if they choose not to pay him?
5. In Chapter 8, properties that blacks once rented are having to be repaired and updated why?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)