|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a literary composition, in verse or prose, in which human folly and vice are held up to scorn, derision, or ridicule?
(b) Romantic comedy.
2. What black doctor has found a way to turn a black person white in the novel?
(a) Dr. Hank Johnson.
(b) Dr. Junius Crookman.
(c) Dr. Max Disher.
(d) Dr. Henry Givens.
3. In what war did Bunny and Max both serve?
(a) The War of 1812.
(b) World War I.
(c) World War II.
(d) The Vietnam War.
4. What year is it in the beginning of Chapter 1?
5. Mrs. Blandish suggests in Chapter 2 that black people have no what?
(a) Shame in their language.
(b) Pride in their race.
(c) Stake in politics.
(d) Knowledge of white culture.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Max go with the reporter after dinner in Chapter 2?
2. When was the second Ku Klux Klan established?
3. In what area of New York does Max live in the beginning of the novel?
4. Who is a former Numbers runner and is now an important player in Black-No-More Inc.?
5. Who is losing all of the business at her hair salon in Chapter 3?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)