|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word means freedom from anything that debases, contaminates, pollutes, etc.?
2. Where did Dr. Crookman study and gain his expertise?
3. Where do Bunny and Max meet in the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) The Silver Turtle.
(b) Woodrow's Diner.
(c) The Honky Tonk Club.
(d) The Jazz Cellar.
4. What holiday is it in the beginning of Chapter 1?
(d) New Year's Eve.
5. What predominantly black area of town in Atlanta does Matthew occasional go to, but no one will speak to him there because he is white in Chapter 4?
(a) Auburn Avenue.
(b) Emerald Way.
(c) Folsom Avenue.
(d) Bighton Way.
Short Answer Questions
1. What refers to an institution for the preservation or recovery of health, especially for convalescence?
2. Where are there newspaper editorials decrying Black-No-More in Chapter 3?
3. Where is Max's hometown?
4. Who is a former Numbers runner and is now an important player in Black-No-More Inc.?
5. What is Max Disher's profession in the beginning of the novel?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)