|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the central character of "Black No More"?
(a) Reverend Henry Givens.
(b) Max Disher.
(c) Dr. Junius Crookman.
(d) Bunny Brown.
2. Bunny and Max pass the sanitarium and see crowds lined up at what time in Chapter 2?
(a) 7 a.m.
(b) 6 a.m.
(c) 5 a.m.
(d) 4 a.m.
3. One editorialist in Chapter 3 is particularly angry that the offspring of those who become white will what?
(a) Think like white people.
(b) Act like black people.
(c) Be caucasians.
(d) Still be black.
4. Where does Bunny Brown work in the beginning of the novel?
(a) Dreamers Bank.
(b) Douglass Bank.
(c) Darington's Bank.
(d) Bermott Bank.
5. Mrs. Blandish suggests in Chapter 2 that black people have no what?
(a) Shame in their language.
(b) Pride in their race.
(c) Knowledge of white culture.
(d) Stake in politics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the girlfriend who recently left Max in the beginning of Chapter 1?
2. Where is Max's hometown?
3. Where are there newspaper editorials decrying Black-No-More in Chapter 3?
4. What is the name of Dr. Crookman's company?
5. What was passed by the Congress of the United States shortly after the American Civil War helping to protect the voting rights of African-Americans?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)