|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. White businesses, particularly in the South, want their workers to see what as a problem in Chapter 4?
(c) Living standards.
2. Where does Matthew tell Reverend Givens he is from in Chapter 4?
(b) New York.
3. Radical labor organizers from where go to visit the small mill town out of concern for the ending strike in Chapter 7?
(a) New York.
(c) Washington D.C.
4. In Chapter 4, Matthew introduces himself to Reverend Givens as what?
(a) An anthropologist.
(b) A physicist.
(c) An archaeologist.
(d) A biologist.
5. How old is Reverend Givens' daughter in Chapter 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. What white supremacist group is run by Reverend Henry Givens?
2. What do the mill workers do once they hear the rumors about the chairman of the strike in Chapter 7?
3. What was passed by the Congress of the United States shortly after the American Civil War helping to protect the voting rights of African-Americans?
4. What refers to a protagonist who lacks the attributes that make a heroic figure, such as nobility of mind and spirit, a life or attitude marked by action or purpose?
5. Who do the Anglo-Saxon members want to nominate for the Democratic candidate for Presidency in Chapter 10?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)