|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of church does Griffin want to attend?
2. Who helps Griffin darken his skin?
(a) A doctor.
(b) The magazine owner.
(c) A friend.
(d) His wife.
3. At the end of the first section of the book, how does Griffin's commentary change?
(a) It is an objective point of view.
(b) He speaks from a white man's perspective.
(c) He writes about others' experiences, not his own.
(d) It is taken from personal experiences.
4. What does Griffin say blacks use to be noticed?
5. At the start of the book, how can Griffin's point of view be best described?
(a) That of a black man.
(b) That of a priest.
(c) That of personal experience.
(d) That of an observer.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Griffin speaks to the white man in the third section of the book, how does Griffin feel physically?
2. Which of these does not describe Griffin's emotions once his transformation is complete?
3. What does Griffin say is the biggest problem blacks have?
4. What city does Griffin walk through during his skin treatment?
5. What sparks Griffin's questions about race?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Griffin comforted by after he has trouble finding a job?
2. How does Griffin's doctor view civil rights and equality for blacks?
3. Describe Griffin's emotions after his skin transformation is complete.
4. Why do you think Sterling and his friend Joe taunt the homeless man on the street?
5. Explain one of the two specific problems Griffin writes that blacks face.
6. Describe Griffin's experience when he tries to sit on a bench in Jackson Square.
7. How does Griffin say he will react if anyone asks who he is during his journey?
8. How do you think Griffin feels emotionally at the end of this section?
9. Describe how Griffin feels when he leaves his hotel at the beginning of the second section.
10. Describe Griffin's skin treatments in New Orleans.
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)