|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Griffin is walking and looking at restaurants in the third section of the book, why does Griffin feel embarrassed?
(a) He feels his body smells bad.
(b) He thinks his skin treatment is wearing off.
(c) He feels his clothes are too dirty.
(d) He feels he has not stayed in his place.
2. In the third section, what area of town does Griffin walk through, looking at restaurants he is no longer allowed to enter?
(a) The French Quarter.
(b) The Garden District.
(d) The University District.
3. What is the profession of Sterling Williams?
(a) A shoeshine.
(b) A traveling salesman.
(c) A cab driver.
(d) A busboy.
4. During the third section of the book, on what object does Griffin sit while he is in the public space, after his walk?
(a) A stoop.
(b) A fence post.
(c) The ground.
(d) A bench.
5. In what year was Black Like Me originally published?
Short Answer Questions
1. While Griffin is walking and looking at restaurants in the third section of the book, whom does he feel he has embarrassed?
2. Which of these is a job that Griffin unsuccessfully tries to get at the beginning of the third section of the book?
3. What does Griffin later learn about the white man who speaks to him in the public space in the third section of the book?
4. At the end of his day in the third section of the book, which of these words does not describe Griffin's mood?
5. At the beginning of the third section of the book, with whom does Griffin spend a lot of time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Griffin and Mr. Gayle say about equality in the job market?
2. Why do you think Sterling and his friend Joe taunt the homeless man on the street?
3. How does Sterling Williams react when Griffin reveals his identity?
4. What does Griffin tell his host that he is doing in New Orleans?
5. What are three jobs that Griffin tries to get as a black man in the third section of the book?
6. Explain one of the two specific problems Griffin writes that blacks face.
7. What is one of the major themes found in the section section of the book?
8. Describe Griffin's first encounter with a white man after his skin transformation.
9. How does Griffin's doctor view civil rights and equality for blacks?
10. Do other people support Griffin when he tells them about his project?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)