|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what city did Ron travel in order to gain access to the FBI's information about the Colorado KKK?
2. How many pledges are present within the Personal Code of the KKK?
3. Ron tells the reader that assault on a police officer was worth about how long in prison?
4. What words did Ken use to describe the event of a cross burning to Ron?
5. Jim Crow laws kept what system in place within America?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the theme of violence depicted within David Duke's comments to Ron about the black security officer?
2. For what reason does the author include an allusion to Dennis the Menace within his description of the KKK's activities?
3. What is David Duke's reply when Ron asks him if anything about Duke's visit to Colorado Springs had been surprising?
4. How does Ron enlist the help of other governmental organizations to aid in his own investigation?
5. What does the removal of two Klansmen from their NORAD positions symbolize?
6. What role does Ron play in the protest march held by the anti-KKK group in Colorado Springs?
7. What reasons did the chief of police state when responding to Ron's concerns about working for David Duke?
8. How do the members of Posse Comitatus act toward David Duke?
9. What is the difference between Officer Ed's assigned duties at the Acacia Park rally and his actual actions?
10. Discuss the points brought up by Ron in his attempt to convince the chief of police to change his mind about Ron's involvement with David Duke.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance of Ron’s interactions with the Grand Wizard of the KKK, David Duke. How do these interactions and their significance connect to the overall themes within the text?
Essay Topic 2
What is Stallworth’s message regarding the broad range of racist beliefs and behaviors that attack the civil rights guaranteed to all citizens and how does he get this message across to the reader?
Essay Topic 3
How does the author's use of characterization methods, as applied to real people, serve the goals of the memoir? Discuss how the author’s use of particular characterization methods helps to advance particular messages within the text.
This section contains 1,303 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)