|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the last name of Ken, the man who returned Ron's call?
2. Early Klansmen wore robes in hopes of convincing freed slaves that they were what type of people?
3. What term does Ron say a Klan member would never apply to their practice of burning crosses?
4. What was the audio arrangement between Ron and Chuck when they were infiltrating the KKK together?
5. How old was Ron when he was first hired as a police cadet?
Short Essay Questions
1. What details does Ron reveal to the reader about his previous dealings with members of Posse Comitatus?
2. Which of Stokely Carmichael's comments at the rally is the most incendiary, from a law enforcement standpoint?
3. What tools did Ron use to reconstruct the narrative about his time as a black man infiltrating the KKK?
4. What is the literal meaning of the Latin phrase "Posse Comatitus" (78)?
5. What is the meaning of the phrase "paper terrorism" (79)?
6. How did Ron turn his experiences at the receiving end of racist comments into a positive within his job as a police officer?
7. Describe one time when Ron's investigation has a positive impact on a community outside of Colorado Springs.
8. How does Ron's receipt of a KKK membership card intersect with the text's theme of identity?
9. What is Ron's plan regarding the longevity of his investigation into the Colorado KKK?
10. What mistake did Jimmy make that endangered the whole KKK investigation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the roles of Officer Ed, David Duke, and Jimmy within the body of Ron Stallworth's memoir Black Klansman. How does the author use each person’s role in order to highlight themes depicted within the overall narrative?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the messages sent about the theme of appearance versus reality within Ron Stallworth's memoir Black Klansman.
Essay Topic 3
How does Stallworth use sensory details in order to paint a vivid portrait of anecdotes included within the text? Discuss at least two scenes that include use of sensory details and pull quotes from these scenes to support your claim.
This section contains 1,369 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)