|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Ron when he was first hired as a police cadet?
2. Butch was sent to meet Ron and to bring Ron to whom?
3. To whom did Ron's interviewers continue to allude throughout his job interview?
(a) Martin Luther King, Jr.
(b) Jackie Robinson.
(c) Harriet Beecher Stowe.
(d) Huey Newton.
4. Who directed The Birth of a Nation?
(a) Charlie Chaplin.
(b) Cecil B. DeMille.
(c) D.W. Griffith.
(d) Max von Schreck.
5. In what year did the KKK first form?
Short Answer Questions
1. How had Ron's mother taught him to feel about their local police department officers?
2. What convention did Ron flout at his swearing-in ceremony as an officer?
3. The Ku Klux Klan ad that Ron saw in the newspaper listed what town in Colorado?
4. Chuck received a phone call from Ken telling him that he had received a call from members of what organization that wanted to join forces with the KKK?
5. What is NOT a characteristic mentioned by Ken when he tells Ron about the man he should be looking for at the Kwik Inn?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Fred Wilkens's beliefs about black people?
2. How does Ron's receipt of a KKK membership card intersect with the text's theme of identity?
3. What tools did Ron use to reconstruct the narrative about his time as a black man infiltrating the KKK?
4. How did Ron turn his experiences at the receiving end of racist comments into a positive within his job as a police officer?
5. What details does Ron reveal to the reader about his previous dealings with members of Posse Comitatus?
6. How does Ron describe the way in which his decision to become a police officer had been viewed within the black community?
7. How is the theme of hypocrisy highlighted within Ron's discussion of the Posse Comitatus organization?
8. Describe one time when Ron's investigation has a positive impact on a community outside of Colorado Springs.
9. Which of Stokely Carmichael's comments at the rally is the most incendiary, from a law enforcement standpoint?
10. Name the three ways in which Ron breaks undercover work protocol in his very first contact with the KKK.
This section contains 1,421 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)