|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What breed of dog was notoriously used to hunt down black people in America's history?
(a) German shepherd.
(b) Labrador Retriever.
(c) Doberman Pinscher.
2. Jim Crow laws kept what system in place within America?
(b) The gap between the rich and the poor.
(c) Paper terrorism.
3. To whom did Ken grant an interview during the rally at Acacia Park?
4. Ron's membership in the Klan could not become final until he took what action?
(a) Paid the membership fee.
(b) Attended a cross burning ceremony.
(c) Attended the nationalization ceremony.
(d) Killed a man.
5. Ron tells the reader that his contact in the FBI was rather prone to use what literary device in his everyday speech?
6. What year was listed on Ron's KKK membership card as the year of his joining?
7. What does Ron state as the symbolism of the Polaroid photograph?
(a) A real embarrassment for David Duke.
(b) True hatred.
(c) The foolishness of Chuck Howarth.
(d) The inane nature of race.
8. What simile does Ron use to indicate how the KKK and the Posse Comitatus were getting along?
(a) Like oil and water.
(b) Like peanut butter and jelly.
(c) Like Kool-Aid and sugar.
(d) Like cereal and milk.
9. On the day of David Duke's visit to Colorado Springs, at what restaurant did he meet "his entourage of Klansmen" (133)?
(b) Elmer's Restaurant.
(c) Outback Steakhouse.
(d) The Bonanza Steakhouse.
10. Who was NOT included in Ron's symbolic Polaroid photograph?
(a) Chuck Howarth.
(b) Fred Wilkens.
(c) David Duke.
11. Ron's contact in the FBI held what title?
(a) Surveillance specialist.
(b) Resident Agent-in-Charge.
12. What object did Ken carry in his hand during the People for the Betterment of People march?
(a) A bat.
(b) A gun.
(c) A baton.
(d) A Confederate flag.
13. The man who took over the position left vacant in the KKK by David Duke was later arrested for attempting to overthrow the government of what country?
14. Barbara Coppersmith, an ally of Ron's in his investigation, held the position of executive director of which Denver-based Jewish group?
(a) The Denver Advocates.
(b) The Anti-Defamation League of B'nai B'rtith.
(c) Amnesty International.
(d) People for the Betterment of People.
15. What was the title of the book written by George Lincoln Rockwell and published under the name C.W. Bristol?
(a) The Supreme Primer.
(b) The Caucasian Primer.
(c) The White Primer.
(d) The Racist Primer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who saw Ken at the Acacia Park rally and went up to introduce himself?
2. On what date in 1979 did David Duke finally visit Colorado Springs?
3. It is estimated that how many members were part of the Colorado KKK in 1923?
4. What was NOT an excuse used by Ken in trying to explain the low number of KKK attendees at the People for the Betterment of People march in his interviews with the media?
5. To what location was Ron's KKK membership card delivered?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)