|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many kids does Lorene have?
(a) One son and two daughters.
(b) One son.
(c) One daughter.
(d) Two daughters.
2. Who is Mr. Price?
(a) A black professional.
(b) The admissions officer for St. Paul's.
(c) A black teacher.
(d) The president of St. Paul's.
3. What has changed about Lorene's mother at Parents Day?
(a) Her speech.
(b) Her hair style.
(c) Her clothing.
(d) Her brand of cigarette.
4. What does Lorene say life at St. Paul's resembles for black students?
(a) Life in America.
(b) Life as a worker in a capitalist economy.
(c) Life in modern times.
(d) Life in the North.
5. What does Lorene say is the white teachers' feeling about black students?
(a) They hide important things from them, so they can protect their prejudices.
(b) They hold them to higher standards, for their own good.
(c) They push they so they are armed with knowledge.
(d) They don't expect much.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Lorene?
2. Where does Lorene work?
3. What is the scene where Black Ice begins?
4. What are Lorene's grades at the first mid-terms?
5. What does Lorene say about what her daughter's experience of school is likely to be?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)