|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lorene's housemaster tell her about grades?
(a) That she needs to work harder.
(b) That she needs to improve.
(c) That she is about to fail out.
(d) That she is doing fine.
2. What does Lorene's mother tacitly offer to her?
(a) Advice about getting on the boys' good side.
(b) Resources for an abortion if necessary.
(c) Suggestions on marrying rich white boys.
(d) Money for a return ticket if she is miserable at St. Paul's.
3. What does Lorene's mother say was unfair about the science fair in which Lorene was entered?
(a) Teachers made exceptions for white students but not for Lorene.
(b) Lorene's teachers made so many allowances for her that the competition wasn't fair.
(c) Teachers asked Lorene to participate in order to humiliate her.
(d) Teachers judged Lorene's work by a different standard.
4. Where has Alma ended up, after graduation?
(a) New York.
(b) St. Paul's.
(c) Washington D.C.
5. Who is Mr. Price?
(a) A black teacher.
(b) The admissions officer for St. Paul's.
(c) A black professional.
(d) The president of St. Paul's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lorene do at the beginning of Chapter 4?
2. What does Lorene remember when Jimmy Hill talks about turning out St. Paul's?
3. Where do Lorene and her parents pass through on their way to St. Paul's?
4. Where does Lorene go to school?
5. What question bothers Lorene on her religion exam?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)