|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Burny say about the other two special ones, Patricia and Blaine?
2. What does Beezer say that they are going to do if they find that the Fisherman is in the house?
3. Why does Burny say there is a change of plans in the end of Chapter twenty-six?
4. Who is in Tyler's dream in Chapter twenty-six?
5. What does Mouse make Jack promise to do as he lays dying?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the conversation that Jack and Dr. Spiegleman have in Chapter twenty before Jack is left alone with Judy.
2. What happens at the press conference in Chapter twenty-nine?
3. What does Sonny remember about Harko?
4. How does Tyler get his hand un-cuffed from the wall?
5. What does Doc remember about Daisy Temperly?
6. Describe the scene at the bar in Chapter twenty-three.
7. What does Jack do after Munshun is dead?
8. What does Potter tell Jack when they are able to talk?
9. What happens when Munshun is faced with Jack, Dale, Beezer, and Doc?
10. What surprises Burny when he looks in the mirror in Chapter twenty-five?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Why was it significant that Beezer and Doc could not find the house without Jack even after they had been there the day before with Mouse?
2) What does it mean that the Black House was almost infinite (page568)? Is it possible for something to be 'almost' infinite?
3) What did you see inside the Black House that you feel gave the most important information about the Black House? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
1) How would you describe Henry Leyden?
2) What was the purpose of Henry's multiple radio personalities?
3) Why did Henry use those personalities to give Jack the final message before he died?
Essay Topic 3
1) Compare Dale and Beezer. In what ways are these two characters the same? In what ways do they differ?
2) Do you feel that Dale and Beezer will continue to help each other now that Jack is gone? Why or why not?
3) Which of these characters do you feel is stronger or the better leader?
This section contains 1,155 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)