|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mouse make Jack promise to do as he lays dying?
2. What does Chipper tell Burny the letter says that he received?
3. What does Beezer say that they are going to do if they find that the Fisherman is in the house?
4. What does Mr. Munshun say that Burny must make sure of when bringing Tyler to the station?
5. What does Beezer say when Jack offers him one last time to back out of going back to Black House?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after Doc injects Mouse with Speed?
2. How does Burny die?
3. What surprises Burny when he looks in the mirror in Chapter twenty-five?
4. Describe the conversation that Jack and Dr. Spiegleman have in Chapter twenty before Jack is left alone with Judy.
5. What happens when the mob lead by Tansy arrives at the police station?
6. Describe the dream that Tyler has in Chapter twenty-six.
7. What does Henry tell Jack in the tape that he makes for him as he dies?
8. What is on the tape that is sent to Judy in Chapter twenty?
9. What does Potter tell Jack when they are able to talk?
10. How does Jack describe Mouse's leg in Chapter twenty-three?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) What was the significance of Burny telling Rebecca to look up Fitz Haarman in Hanover? Why was Rebecca and her findings not seen again?
2) Did it seem that the authors left the story unanswered by not showing the ending of some of the minor characters, such as Rebecca? Why or why not?
3) Was it necessary to the story's plot to kill Chipper? Why was Rebecca not killed also?
Essay Topic 2
1) Do you think that Tyler will remember anything about being taken by Burny? Why or why not?
2) Why was it that Jack could not remember the Territories before Speedy sent him all the clues?
3) Why did Sophie's rantings nearly drive Judy insane when they had communicated so often as children?
Essay Topic 3
1) What did the bees represent in the story?
2) What was the significance of the bees being seen in the front of the story? When did it become apparent that the bees held some deeper meaning in the story?
3) Could some other symbol have been used rather than the bees? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,343 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)