|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wendell realize when he sees Doodles Sanger?
2. What does Jack think that cell phones are?
3. What does Wendell ask Doodles and the two men with her in the end of Chapter eleven?
4. In Chapter four, what had the voice said to Jack that woke him up that morning?
5. What does Judy write on the note pad in Chapter two?
Short Essay Questions
1. When they arrive at Ed's Eats and Dawgs, what does Dale tell Jack he should do?
2. In Chapter four, what does Henry tell Jack has been happening to him lately while Jack is driving Henry home?
3. Describe the conversation that Jack and Wendell Green had that Jack recalls in Chapter four while cooking an omelet.
4. What do Henry and Jack discuss in chapter eight when Jack is telling Henry of going to the police station to talk to Fred and the three boys that had been with Tyler?
5. Describe the conversation that Rebecca, Peter Wexler, and Henry have in chapter seven when Peter says that there was another little boy taken from outside of Maxton's.
6. What does Beezer do when he gets the phone call that Irma's body has been found?
7. What had happened when Wendell Green had tried to question Beezer after his daughter's body had been discovered?
8. What does Wendell want to get from Irma's crime scene as he heads out to Ed's Eats and Dawgs?
9. What happens in Chapter seven when Henry begins playing for the residents at Maxton's?
10. What is shown to the reader in Chapter two at Ed's Eats and Dawgs?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Which of the minor characters in the story do you feel could have had a much larger role?
2) Which of the minor characters do you feel could have been left out of the story all together?
3) If you had to play a role in the story what role would you chose?
Essay Topic 2
1) Do you think that Dale truly gives up his position as police chief? Explain.
2) What do you think is the difference between a police man and a coppice man?
3) How would you have described Speedy's involvement in the story? Do you think he is a coppice man like Jack? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
1) Describe Jack Sawyer's personality.
2) When Jack and Dale go up to Black House, Dale notes that Jack seems younger and stronger. Do you agree with this? Why do you think Dale noticed this change in Jack?
3) Do you feel that the Talisman's effect on Jack was responsible for all of the faith that people had in Jack and all of his good qualities? Speculate on how he would have been different without the Talisman's touch.
This section contains 1,250 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)