|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprised Richie Bumstead about the Thunder Five?
2. What does Wendell ask Doodles and the two men with her in the end of Chapter eleven?
3. What does Jack say in Chapter ten when his cell phone begins to ring?
4. What does Dale answer Brown in chapter fourteen when he is asked why he allowed Jack Sawyer to go to the crime scene?
5. What does Fred tell the police when he calls in Chapter six?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does T.J. see when he gets to the spot where they left Tyler?
2. What does Wendell want to get from Irma's crime scene as he heads out to Ed's Eats and Dawgs?
3. What is shown to the reader in Chapter two at Ed's Eats and Dawgs?
4. What does Wendell tell Jack after Beezer has ruined the film in his camera?
5. What does Beezer do when he gets the phone call that Irma's body has been found?
6. Describe what happens in Chapter five when Tyler sees the black crow.
7. What does Burny do in Chapter fifteen?
8. What does Dale tell Jack in Chapter ten when he calls Jack?
9. What happens in Chapter seven when Henry begins playing for the residents at Maxton's?
10. What is explained about Nailhouse Row when it is first described in Chapter one?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Do you think that Gorg was actually a crow or that he was being controlled by a creature on the other side like Burny and Mr. Munshun? Explain.
2) If Gorg had been a creature on the other side, given that Mr. Munshun was a servant for the Crimson King, what do you think Gorg's role would have been? Lesesr or greater than Munshun's? Why?
3) Do you think it would have been possible for Speedy or one of the other characters to exert control over someone like Munshun did with Burny? If so why did he not do this?
Essay Topic 2
1) Why is it that Judy was willing to kiss Jack when he returned from him meeting with Sophie?
2) What did Jack mean when he said he was in love for the first time after seeing Sophie?
3) What different kinds of love are seen in the story? Which of these seems to be the strongest?
Essay Topic 3
1) Why was it significant that Beezer and Doc could not find the house without Jack even after they had been there the day before with Mouse?
2) What does it mean that the Black House was almost infinite (page568)? Is it possible for something to be 'almost' infinite?
3) What did you see inside the Black House that you feel gave the most important information about the Black House? Explain.
This section contains 1,139 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)