|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pam say when Danny tells her that he will pull out his gun if Beezer even looks like he wants to fight in Chapter thirteen?
2. What does Dale tell Jack he should do with the package that he received from the Fisherman?
3. What does Henry say when Jack says that he did feel like a cop when he went back to the police station rather than a person playing a cop?
4. What does Fred tell Jack about Judy?
5. Why does Henry say that blind people do not drive?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter four, what does Henry tell Jack has been happening to him lately while Jack is driving Henry home?
2. What does Wendell tell Jack after Beezer has ruined the film in his camera?
3. Describe the scene in Chapter four where Jack and Dale are putting up paintings.
4. What does Dale tell Jack in Chapter ten when he calls Jack?
5. What happens in Chapter seven when Henry begins playing for the residents at Maxton's?
6. What happens outside of Ed's Eats and Dawgs when Henry realizes that someone is taking his picture?
7. What had happened when Wendell Green had tried to question Beezer after his daughter's body had been discovered?
8. What is shown to the reader in Chapter two at Ed's Eats and Dawgs?
9. What do Henry and Jack discuss in chapter eight when Jack is telling Henry of going to the police station to talk to Fred and the three boys that had been with Tyler?
10. What does Speedy tell Jack in the beginning of Chapter nine?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Do you think that Tyler will remember anything about being taken by Burny? Why or why not?
2) Why was it that Jack could not remember the Territories before Speedy sent him all the clues?
3) Why did Sophie's rantings nearly drive Judy insane when they had communicated so often as children?
Essay Topic 2
1) Why is it that Judy was willing to kiss Jack when he returned from him meeting with Sophie?
2) What did Jack mean when he said he was in love for the first time after seeing Sophie?
3) What different kinds of love are seen in the story? Which of these seems to be the strongest?
Essay Topic 3
1) What was Tansy Freneau's role in the story?
2) Why is Tansy not visited again after the destruction of Black House?
3) Do you feel that there is any chance that Tansy was restored to her original state of mind? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,253 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)