Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Danny think that Beezer and Dale look like in Chapter thirteen when he sees them talking outside of Ed's Eats and Dawgs?
2. What does Jack find in the road when he flips to the other side in Chapter nine?
3. What does Jack say when Estelle Packard asks him if he is her father?
4. When does the author say the light of sanity will return to Tansy Freneau's eyes in the end of Chapter fifteen?
5. What does Dale tell Danny that Beezer and his friends are there to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens outside of Ed's Eats and Dawgs when Henry realizes that someone is taking his picture?
2. What does Potter tell Jack when they are able to talk?
3. How does Burny die?
4. What does Jack discover when he flips over to the Territories in Chapter twenty-one?
5. Describe the scene in Chapter twenty-five when Burny goes into Chipper's office.
6. What happens when Jack first opens the door to the Black House?
7. What does Dale tell Jack in Chapter ten when he calls Jack?
8. What do Doc and Beezer explain about Mouse's condition when Jack first arrives in Chapter twenty-three?
9. Describe what happens in Chapter five when Tyler sees the black crow.
10. What does Munshun tell Tyler when he first grabs him in Chapter twenty-nine?
1) Describe what a twinner is. Do you feel that twinners are the same person in some way? Why or why not?
2) Do you think that Burny had a twinner?
3) If Doc or Beezer had twinners what do you think they would be like?
1) Explain the relationship that Henry and Jack have. How is this relationship different from the one that Jack had with his mother?
2) How is Jack's leadership different than Beezer's leadership?
3) How does the bond that Sophie and Judy share compare to other relationships in the book? What real world relationship would you use to best describe the twinner relationship that is seen between these two characters?
Choose one of the following to write about:
1) Do you think Jack would have chosen to go to the Territories to be with Sophie even if he had not been shot? Why or why not?
2) What do you feel are the most obvious moments of foreshadowing in the book or the most important? What events in the story do you feel there should have been some foreshadowing of but there was not? Explain.
3) If there was a book following Black House which characters would you want to see it focus on and what from Black House do you think would be revisited? Explain.
This section contains 1,198 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)