|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wendell want most of all and is willing to bribe to get?
2. What message does Jack find on the wall of Ed's in Chapter ten?
3. What does Judy find in the fisherman's creel in Chapter five?
4. What does Jack promise T.J. when he begins questioning him alone?
5. What does Fred Marshall tell Dale after Tyler goes missing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens outside of Ed's Eats and Dawgs when Henry realizes that someone is taking his picture?
2. What does Wendell see when he gets to the crime scene in Chapter twelve?
3. Describe the scene in Chapter twenty-five when Burny goes into Chipper's office.
4. What happens after Doc injects Mouse with Speed?
5. What does Burny do in Chapter fifteen?
6. What does Wendell want to get from Irma's crime scene as he heads out to Ed's Eats and Dawgs?
7. What does Henry tell Jack in the tape that he makes for him as he dies?
8. In Chapter four, what does Henry tell Jack has been happening to him lately while Jack is driving Henry home?
9. What does Mouse tell about the Black House?
10. What does Jack discover when he flips over to the Territories in Chapter twenty-one?
Essay Topic 1
1) Why was it significant that Beezer and Doc could not find the house without Jack even after they had been there the day before with Mouse?
2) What does it mean that the Black House was almost infinite (page568)? Is it possible for something to be 'almost' infinite?
3) What did you see inside the Black House that you feel gave the most important information about the Black House? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
1) Explain the relationship that Henry and Jack have. How is this relationship different from the one that Jack had with his mother?
2) How is Jack's leadership different than Beezer's leadership?
3) How does the bond that Sophie and Judy share compare to other relationships in the book? What real world relationship would you use to best describe the twinner relationship that is seen between these two characters?
Essay Topic 3
1) Why is Fred Marshall so willing to trust Jack?
2) Do you think that Tyler went back to being normal in his world?
3) Do you think that the Crimson King will try to get Tyler again? Why or why not?
This section contains 2,291 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)