|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fred read had been found on John Wesley Irkenham's dismembered body?
2. In Chapter four, what had the voice said to Jack that woke him up that morning?
3. What is NOT screamed from the people creating the diversion for Wendell in Chapter thirteen?
4. What does Beezer tell Jack when they leave Ed's Eats and Dawgs?
5. What does Beezer say when Bear Girl tells him not to get into any fights in Chapter eleven?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jack discover when he flips over to the Territories in Chapter twenty-one?
2. Explain the importance of the letters that Dale is looking at in Chapter three.
3. What happens when the mob lead by Tansy arrives at the police station?
4. What happens in Chapter seven when Rebecca follows Burny out into the hallway to tell him to go to his room?
5. Describe the scene in Chapter sixteen when Dale is first bringing Potter into the police station.
6. What happens at the press conference in Chapter twenty-nine?
7. What does Jack do after Munshun is dead?
8. What is on the tape that is sent to Judy in Chapter twenty?
9. What does Dale tell Jack in Chapter ten when he calls Jack?
10. Describe the scene in Chapter eighteen when Tansy Freneau walks into the bar.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Why is it that Judy was willing to kiss Jack when he returned from him meeting with Sophie?
2) What did Jack mean when he said he was in love for the first time after seeing Sophie?
3) What different kinds of love are seen in the story? Which of these seems to be the strongest?
Essay Topic 2
1) What was Tansy Freneau's role in the story?
2) Why is Tansy not visited again after the destruction of Black House?
3) Do you feel that there is any chance that Tansy was restored to her original state of mind? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
1) Why is Fred Marshall so willing to trust Jack?
2) Do you think that Tyler went back to being normal in his world?
3) Do you think that the Crimson King will try to get Tyler again? Why or why not?
This section contains 2,271 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)