|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Irma's body located?
2. What does Jack find in his refrigerator when he goes to get another egg?
3. What does Beezer seem to be doing when Wendel Green looks over and sees Beezer driving beside him in Chapter eleven?
4. What does Henry say when Jack says that he did feel like a cop when he went back to the police station rather than a person playing a cop?
5. What thought does Jack have when he first arrives at the police station in Chapter eight that makes him feel immediately guilty?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene in Chapter four where Jack and Dale are putting up paintings.
2. What does T.J. see when he gets to the spot where they left Tyler?
3. Describe what happens in Chapter five when Tyler sees the black crow.
4. What is shown to the reader in Chapter two at Ed's Eats and Dawgs?
5. In Chapter four, what does Henry tell Jack has been happening to him lately while Jack is driving Henry home?
6. Explain what happened after Charles Burnside first arrived at the hospital as the story is recalled in Chapter two?
7. Explain what is known about Henry Leyden that is shown in chapter three.
8. What do Henry and Jack discuss in chapter eight when Jack is telling Henry of going to the police station to talk to Fred and the three boys that had been with Tyler?
9. What happens in Chapter seven when Rebecca follows Burny out into the hallway to tell him to go to his room?
10. Describe the conversation that Rebecca, Peter Wexler, and Henry have in chapter seven when Peter says that there was another little boy taken from outside of Maxton's.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Compare Dale and Beezer. In what ways are these two characters the same? In what ways do they differ?
2) Do you feel that Dale and Beezer will continue to help each other now that Jack is gone? Why or why not?
3) Which of these characters do you feel is stronger or the better leader?
Essay Topic 2
1) Do you think that Gorg was actually a crow or that he was being controlled by a creature on the other side like Burny and Mr. Munshun? Explain.
2) If Gorg had been a creature on the other side, given that Mr. Munshun was a servant for the Crimson King, what do you think Gorg's role would have been? Lesesr or greater than Munshun's? Why?
3) Do you think it would have been possible for Speedy or one of the other characters to exert control over someone like Munshun did with Burny? If so why did he not do this?
Essay Topic 3
1) Why was it significant that Beezer and Doc could not find the house without Jack even after they had been there the day before with Mouse?
2) What does it mean that the Black House was almost infinite (page568)? Is it possible for something to be 'almost' infinite?
3) What did you see inside the Black House that you feel gave the most important information about the Black House? Explain.
This section contains 1,246 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)