|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dale tell Jack he should do with the package that he received from the Fisherman?
2. What is NOT screamed from the people creating the diversion for Wendell in Chapter thirteen?
3. What does Judy write on the note pad in Chapter two?
4. What does Danny think that Beezer and Dale look like in Chapter thirteen when he sees them talking outside of Ed's Eats and Dawgs?
5. What did Dale's dad tell him would happen if Dale went into farming halfhearted?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what happens in Chapter eight when Jack interviews the three boys that Tyler had last been seen with before he was taken from outside Maxton's.
2. What does Burny do in Chapter fifteen?
3. What does T.J. see when he gets to the spot where they left Tyler?
4. What does Wendell tell Jack after Beezer has ruined the film in his camera?
5. What do Henry and Jack discuss in chapter eight when Jack is telling Henry of going to the police station to talk to Fred and the three boys that had been with Tyler?
6. When they arrive at Ed's Eats and Dawgs, what does Dale tell Jack he should do?
7. Describe the conversation that Rebecca, Peter Wexler, and Henry have in chapter seven when Peter says that there was another little boy taken from outside of Maxton's.
8. What does Judy tell Jack about Faraway in Chapter fourteen?
9. What does Wendell see when he gets to the crime scene in Chapter twelve?
10. Describe the conversation that Jack and Wendell Green had that Jack recalls in Chapter four while cooking an omelet.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following to write about:
1) Do you think Jack would have chosen to go to the Territories to be with Sophie even if he had not been shot? Why or why not?
2) What do you feel are the most obvious moments of foreshadowing in the book or the most important? What events in the story do you feel there should have been some foreshadowing of but there was not? Explain.
3) If there was a book following Black House which characters would you want to see it focus on and what from Black House do you think would be revisited? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
1) What did the bees represent in the story?
2) What was the significance of the bees being seen in the front of the story? When did it become apparent that the bees held some deeper meaning in the story?
3) Could some other symbol have been used rather than the bees? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
1) Do you think that Dale truly gives up his position as police chief? Explain.
2) What do you think is the difference between a police man and a coppice man?
3) How would you have described Speedy's involvement in the story? Do you think he is a coppice man like Jack? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,391 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)