|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Dale's dad tell him would happen if Dale went into farming halfhearted?
2. What does Kaiser Bill answer when Danny asks why the Bikers are helping?
3. What is in the box that is delivered to Jack in Chapter nine?
4. What color is the house that is hidden down the road in Chapter two?
5. What does Dale tell Jack he should do with the package that he received from the Fisherman?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the conversation that Rebecca, Peter Wexler, and Henry have in chapter seven when Peter says that there was another little boy taken from outside of Maxton's.
2. Describe the dream that Tyler has in Chapter twenty-six.
3. What is on the tape that is sent to Judy in Chapter twenty?
4. What happens in Chapter seven when Henry begins playing for the residents at Maxton's?
5. How does Burny die?
6. What is explained about Nailhouse Row when it is first described in Chapter one?
7. What happens at the press conference in Chapter twenty-nine?
8. What does Sonny remember about Harko?
9. What happens in Chapter seven when Rebecca follows Burny out into the hallway to tell him to go to his room?
10. Describe what happens in Chapter five when Tyler sees the black crow.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Do you think that Tyler will remember anything about being taken by Burny? Why or why not?
2) Why was it that Jack could not remember the Territories before Speedy sent him all the clues?
3) Why did Sophie's rantings nearly drive Judy insane when they had communicated so often as children?
Essay Topic 2
1) What was the significance of Burny telling Rebecca to look up Fitz Haarman in Hanover? Why was Rebecca and her findings not seen again?
2) Did it seem that the authors left the story unanswered by not showing the ending of some of the minor characters, such as Rebecca? Why or why not?
3) Was it necessary to the story's plot to kill Chipper? Why was Rebecca not killed also?
Essay Topic 3
1) Do you feel that Jack was lying when he would keep partial truths from people, such as telling Dr. Spiegleman that what he was doing was somewhat like profiling? Why or why not?
2) Would you consider Jack a true hero or a flawed hero? Why?
3) Would you rather read about a hero that is flawed or one that fights the profile of a knight in shining armor? Why?
This section contains 2,308 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)