|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dale say that Jack does that enables him to solve cases?
2. What signs should be put up in French Landing as it is explained in Chapter two?
3. When does the author say the light of sanity will return to Tansy Freneau's eyes in the end of Chapter fifteen?
4. What does Beezer say he is going to do when he takes the camera from Wendell?
5. What does Fred read had been found on John Wesley Irkenham's dismembered body?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the conversation that Rebecca, Peter Wexler, and Henry have in chapter seven when Peter says that there was another little boy taken from outside of Maxton's.
2. In Chapter four, what does Henry tell Jack has been happening to him lately while Jack is driving Henry home?
3. What does Beezer do when he gets the phone call that Irma's body has been found?
4. What do Henry and Jack discuss in chapter eight when Jack is telling Henry of going to the police station to talk to Fred and the three boys that had been with Tyler?
5. In Chapter fourteen, what does Fred tell Jack he should know about Judy before they go to see her at the institution?
6. What happens in Chapter seven when Henry begins playing for the residents at Maxton's?
7. What does Wendell see when he gets to the crime scene in Chapter twelve?
8. What does Dale tell Jack in Chapter ten when he calls Jack?
9. In Chapter one, what is explained about Chipper's current situations in his life?
10. What does Judy tell Jack about Faraway in Chapter fourteen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) What was Tansy Freneau's role in the story?
2) Why is Tansy not visited again after the destruction of Black House?
3) Do you feel that there is any chance that Tansy was restored to her original state of mind? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
1) Do you feel that Jack was lying when he would keep partial truths from people, such as telling Dr. Spiegleman that what he was doing was somewhat like profiling? Why or why not?
2) Would you consider Jack a true hero or a flawed hero? Why?
3) Would you rather read about a hero that is flawed or one that fights the profile of a knight in shining armor? Why?
Essay Topic 3
1) What moment in the story would you call the climax? Explain.
2) What was the main plot in the story? What were the subplots? How did these subplots feed into the main plot?
3) Do you feel that the story had a satisfactory ending? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,244 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)