|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who answers Jack's cell phone in Chapter ten when Dale calls it?
2. Who does Doc pull out of the window of a car?
3. In Chapter three, what is Dale looking over that make the current killer look a lot like the killings that Albert Fish had done?
4. What does Beezer seem to be doing when Wendel Green looks over and sees Beezer driving beside him in Chapter eleven?
5. What has been done to the children that were found as it is described in Chapter one?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does T.J. see when he gets to the spot where they left Tyler?
2. Explain what happened after Charles Burnside first arrived at the hospital as the story is recalled in Chapter two?
3. What is explained about Nailhouse Row when it is first described in Chapter one?
4. What does Wendell tell Jack after Beezer has ruined the film in his camera?
5. What happens outside of Ed's Eats and Dawgs when Henry realizes that someone is taking his picture?
6. What happens in Chapter seven when Rebecca follows Burny out into the hallway to tell him to go to his room?
7. What does Beezer do when he gets the phone call that Irma's body has been found?
8. What does Speedy tell Jack in the beginning of Chapter nine?
9. Describe what happens in Chapter five when Tyler sees the black crow.
10. What had happened when Wendell Green had tried to question Beezer after his daughter's body had been discovered?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) What was the significance of Burny telling Rebecca to look up Fitz Haarman in Hanover? Why was Rebecca and her findings not seen again?
2) Did it seem that the authors left the story unanswered by not showing the ending of some of the minor characters, such as Rebecca? Why or why not?
3) Was it necessary to the story's plot to kill Chipper? Why was Rebecca not killed also?
Essay Topic 2
1) Describe Jack Sawyer's personality.
2) When Jack and Dale go up to Black House, Dale notes that Jack seems younger and stronger. Do you agree with this? Why do you think Dale noticed this change in Jack?
3) Do you feel that the Talisman's effect on Jack was responsible for all of the faith that people had in Jack and all of his good qualities? Speculate on how he would have been different without the Talisman's touch.
Essay Topic 3
1) Describe what a twinner is. Do you feel that twinners are the same person in some way? Why or why not?
2) Do you think that Burny had a twinner?
3) If Doc or Beezer had twinners what do you think they would be like?
This section contains 1,093 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)