|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack tell Dale to do with the price he has quoted Jack on the house in Chapter four?
2. What does Jack do with the robin's egg that he finds in the ash tray of his pick up truck in Chapter four?
3. What does Wendell ask Doodles and the two men with her in the end of Chapter eleven?
4. Who does Chipper owe $13,000 to?
5. What is Burny suffering from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in Chapter seven when Rebecca follows Burny out into the hallway to tell him to go to his room?
2. What does Judy tell Jack about Faraway in Chapter fourteen?
3. In Chapter fourteen, what does Fred tell Jack he should know about Judy before they go to see her at the institution?
4. What does T.J. see when he gets to the spot where they left Tyler?
5. What does Burny do in Chapter fifteen?
6. What happens to Judy in Chapter five?
7. What is explained about Nailhouse Row when it is first described in Chapter one?
8. Describe what happens in Chapter five when Tyler sees the black crow.
9. Explain what is known about Henry Leyden that is shown in chapter three.
10. In Chapter four, what does Henry tell Jack has been happening to him lately while Jack is driving Henry home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Do you think that Dale truly gives up his position as police chief? Explain.
2) What do you think is the difference between a police man and a coppice man?
3) How would you have described Speedy's involvement in the story? Do you think he is a coppice man like Jack? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
1) Compare Dale and Beezer. In what ways are these two characters the same? In what ways do they differ?
2) Do you feel that Dale and Beezer will continue to help each other now that Jack is gone? Why or why not?
3) Which of these characters do you feel is stronger or the better leader?
Essay Topic 3
1) Describe Jack Sawyer's personality.
2) When Jack and Dale go up to Black House, Dale notes that Jack seems younger and stronger. Do you agree with this? Why do you think Dale noticed this change in Jack?
3) Do you feel that the Talisman's effect on Jack was responsible for all of the faith that people had in Jack and all of his good qualities? Speculate on how he would have been different without the Talisman's touch.
This section contains 1,061 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)