|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Doc pull out of the window of a car?
2. What does T.J. tell Jack about that unnerves Jack for a moment?
3. In Chapter three, what is Dale looking over that make the current killer look a lot like the killings that Albert Fish had done?
4. What does Rebecca write down that Burny says to her in the hallway?
5. What does Henry say is happening that makes him think he is going crazy?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter fourteen, what does Fred tell Jack he should know about Judy before they go to see her at the institution?
2. In Chapter one, what is explained about Chipper's current situations in his life?
3. What is explained about Nailhouse Row when it is first described in Chapter one?
4. What does Wendell see when he gets to the crime scene in Chapter twelve?
5. What does Wendell want to get from Irma's crime scene as he heads out to Ed's Eats and Dawgs?
6. Explain what happened after Charles Burnside first arrived at the hospital as the story is recalled in Chapter two?
7. What happens in Chapter seven when Henry begins playing for the residents at Maxton's?
8. When they arrive at Ed's Eats and Dawgs, what does Dale tell Jack he should do?
9. In Chapter four, what does Henry tell Jack has been happening to him lately while Jack is driving Henry home?
10. Describe the scene at Irma Freneau's mother's house in Chapter fifteen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) What did the bees represent in the story?
2) What was the significance of the bees being seen in the front of the story? When did it become apparent that the bees held some deeper meaning in the story?
3) Could some other symbol have been used rather than the bees? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
1) Describe what a twinner is. Do you feel that twinners are the same person in some way? Why or why not?
2) Do you think that Burny had a twinner?
3) If Doc or Beezer had twinners what do you think they would be like?
Essay Topic 3
1) Describe Jack Sawyer's personality.
2) When Jack and Dale go up to Black House, Dale notes that Jack seems younger and stronger. Do you agree with this? Why do you think Dale noticed this change in Jack?
3) Do you feel that the Talisman's effect on Jack was responsible for all of the faith that people had in Jack and all of his good qualities? Speculate on how he would have been different without the Talisman's touch.
This section contains 1,125 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)