|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack reply when Dale tells him that he has not notified the FBI or State police yet in Chapter ten?
2. What does Wendell realize when he sees Doodles Sanger?
3. What does Judy find in the fisherman's creel in Chapter five?
4. What does Beezer say when Bear Girl tells him not to get into any fights in Chapter eleven?
5. In Chapter four, what had the voice said to Jack that woke him up that morning?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene in Chapter eighteen when Tansy Freneau walks into the bar.
2. What do Doc and Beezer explain about Mouse's condition when Jack first arrives in Chapter twenty-three?
3. What does Sonny remember about Harko?
4. What happens after Doc injects Mouse with Speed?
5. What does Mouse tell about the Black House?
6. What is shown to the reader in Chapter two at Ed's Eats and Dawgs?
7. What does Wendell tell Jack after Beezer has ruined the film in his camera?
8. What happens to Judy in Chapter five?
9. What does Wendell want to get from Irma's crime scene as he heads out to Ed's Eats and Dawgs?
10. What happens when Jack first opens the door to the Black House?
Essay Topic 1
1) Why was it significant that Beezer and Doc could not find the house without Jack even after they had been there the day before with Mouse?
2) What does it mean that the Black House was almost infinite (page568)? Is it possible for something to be 'almost' infinite?
3) What did you see inside the Black House that you feel gave the most important information about the Black House? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
1) Which of the minor characters in the story do you feel could have had a much larger role?
2) Which of the minor characters do you feel could have been left out of the story all together?
3) If you had to play a role in the story what role would you chose?
Essay Topic 3
1) Compare Dale and Beezer. In what ways are these two characters the same? In what ways do they differ?
2) Do you feel that Dale and Beezer will continue to help each other now that Jack is gone? Why or why not?
3) Which of these characters do you feel is stronger or the better leader?
This section contains 2,263 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)