|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beezer fight the urge to go and do in Chapter fifteen?
2. What do the men remind Beezer of when they come out of their houses in Chapter eleven to go with him to Ed's?
3. What does Dale think that Jack's pictures look like?
4. What does Burny pick up off the desk in Chapter five?
5. What does Dale ask Jack when they first arrive at Ed's?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene in Chapter sixteen when Dale is first bringing Potter into the police station.
2. What does Potter tell Jack when they are able to talk?
3. What does Sonny remember about Harko?
4. What happens after Doc injects Mouse with Speed?
5. Describe the scene at the bar in Chapter twenty-three.
6. Describe the conversation that Jack and Dr. Spiegleman have in Chapter twenty before Jack is left alone with Judy.
7. What does Judy tell Jack about Faraway in Chapter fourteen?
8. How does Burny die?
9. What is shown to the reader in Chapter two at Ed's Eats and Dawgs?
10. What happens outside of Ed's Eats and Dawgs when Henry realizes that someone is taking his picture?
Essay Topic 1
1) Do you feel that Jack was lying when he would keep partial truths from people, such as telling Dr. Spiegleman that what he was doing was somewhat like profiling? Why or why not?
2) Would you consider Jack a true hero or a flawed hero? Why?
3) Would you rather read about a hero that is flawed or one that fights the profile of a knight in shining armor? Why?
Essay Topic 2
1) Why was it significant that Beezer and Doc could not find the house without Jack even after they had been there the day before with Mouse?
2) What does it mean that the Black House was almost infinite (page568)? Is it possible for something to be 'almost' infinite?
3) What did you see inside the Black House that you feel gave the most important information about the Black House? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following to write about:
1) Do you think Jack would have chosen to go to the Territories to be with Sophie even if he had not been shot? Why or why not?
2) What do you feel are the most obvious moments of foreshadowing in the book or the most important? What events in the story do you feel there should have been some foreshadowing of but there was not? Explain.
3) If there was a book following Black House which characters would you want to see it focus on and what from Black House do you think would be revisited? Explain.
This section contains 2,386 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)