|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack tell Dale to have done after learning that the Fisherman called 911?
2. What do the men remind Beezer of when they come out of their houses in Chapter eleven to go with him to Ed's?
3. In Chapter four, what had the voice said to Jack that woke him up that morning?
4. What message does Jack find on the wall of Ed's in Chapter ten?
5. In Part 1, Chapter four, what is it said that Jack had journeyed cross-country in his boyhood for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene in Chapter four where Jack and Dale are putting up paintings.
2. Describe the conversation that Jack and Wendell Green had that Jack recalls in Chapter four while cooking an omelet.
3. What does Wendell tell Jack after Beezer has ruined the film in his camera?
4. What does Speedy tell Jack in the beginning of Chapter nine?
5. What does Wendell see when he gets to the crime scene in Chapter twelve?
6. What do Henry and Jack discuss in chapter eight when Jack is telling Henry of going to the police station to talk to Fred and the three boys that had been with Tyler?
7. What does Burny do in Chapter fifteen?
8. In Chapter fourteen, what does Fred tell Jack he should know about Judy before they go to see her at the institution?
9. What had happened when Wendell Green had tried to question Beezer after his daughter's body had been discovered?
10. Describe what happens in Chapter five when Tyler sees the black crow.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Describe Jack Sawyer's personality.
2) When Jack and Dale go up to Black House, Dale notes that Jack seems younger and stronger. Do you agree with this? Why do you think Dale noticed this change in Jack?
3) Do you feel that the Talisman's effect on Jack was responsible for all of the faith that people had in Jack and all of his good qualities? Speculate on how he would have been different without the Talisman's touch.
Essay Topic 2
1) Why is it that Judy was willing to kiss Jack when he returned from him meeting with Sophie?
2) What did Jack mean when he said he was in love for the first time after seeing Sophie?
3) What different kinds of love are seen in the story? Which of these seems to be the strongest?
Essay Topic 3
1) Speculate on the reasons that Sonny and Kaiser Bill left when Mouse was sick.
2) Do you think that Mouse would have left if it had been Sonny or Kaiser Bill that had been injured? Why or why not?
3) Was Mouse's death necessary in the story? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,219 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)