Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Danny think that Beezer and Dale look like in Chapter thirteen when he sees them talking outside of Ed's Eats and Dawgs?
2. What does Jack find in the road when he flips to the other side in Chapter nine?
3. What does Jack say when Estelle Packard asks him if he is her father?
4. When does the author say the light of sanity will return to Tansy Freneau's eyes in the end of Chapter fifteen?
5. What does Dale tell Danny that Beezer and his friends are there to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens outside of Ed's Eats and Dawgs when Henry realizes that someone is taking his picture?
2. What does Potter tell Jack when they are able to talk?
3. How does Burny die?
4. What does Jack discover when he flips over to the Territories in Chapter twenty-one?
5. Describe the scene in Chapter twenty-five when Burny goes into Chipper's office.
6. What happens when Jack first opens the door to the Black House?
7. What does Dale tell Jack in Chapter ten when he calls Jack?
8. What do Doc and Beezer explain about Mouse's condition when Jack first arrives in Chapter twenty-three?
9. Describe what happens in Chapter five when Tyler sees the black crow.
10. What does Munshun tell Tyler when he first grabs him in Chapter twenty-nine?
Essay Topic 1
1) Do you think that Tyler will remember anything about being taken by Burny? Why or why not?
2) Why was it that Jack could not remember the Territories before Speedy sent him all the clues?
3) Why did Sophie's rantings nearly drive Judy insane when they had communicated so often as children?
Essay Topic 2
1) How would you describe Henry Leyden?
2) What was the purpose of Henry's multiple radio personalities?
3) Why did Henry use those personalities to give Jack the final message before he died?
Essay Topic 3
1) What moment in the story would you call the climax? Explain.
2) What was the main plot in the story? What were the subplots? How did these subplots feed into the main plot?
3) Do you feel that the story had a satisfactory ending? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,118 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)