|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the crow do that makes Tyler step closer to it?
2. What does Rebecca write down that Burny says to her in the hallway?
3. What does T.J. find when he goes back to get Tyler?
4. Which of the following is NOT true of Henry Leyden?
5. What does Judy find in the fisherman's creel in Chapter five?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what happens in Chapter eight when Jack interviews the three boys that Tyler had last been seen with before he was taken from outside Maxton's.
2. Describe the conversation that Rebecca, Peter Wexler, and Henry have in chapter seven when Peter says that there was another little boy taken from outside of Maxton's.
3. In Chapter one, what is explained about Chipper's current situations in his life?
4. What does Wendell want to get from Irma's crime scene as he heads out to Ed's Eats and Dawgs?
5. What does Judy tell Jack about Faraway in Chapter fourteen?
6. Explain what happened after Charles Burnside first arrived at the hospital as the story is recalled in Chapter two?
7. What does Wendell tell Jack after Beezer has ruined the film in his camera?
8. What does Beezer do when he gets the phone call that Irma's body has been found?
9. What does Speedy tell Jack in the beginning of Chapter nine?
10. What does Wendell see when he gets to the crime scene in Chapter twelve?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) What moment in the story would you call the climax? Explain.
2) What was the main plot in the story? What were the subplots? How did these subplots feed into the main plot?
3) Do you feel that the story had a satisfactory ending? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
1) Why was it significant that Beezer and Doc could not find the house without Jack even after they had been there the day before with Mouse?
2) What does it mean that the Black House was almost infinite (page568)? Is it possible for something to be 'almost' infinite?
3) What did you see inside the Black House that you feel gave the most important information about the Black House? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
1) Why is Fred Marshall so willing to trust Jack?
2) Do you think that Tyler went back to being normal in his world?
3) Do you think that the Crimson King will try to get Tyler again? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,191 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)