|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is said about Charles Burnside in the end of Chapter one?
2. What does Wendell envision his coverage of the Fisherman murders doing?
3. What thought does Jack have when he first arrives at the police station in Chapter eight that makes him feel immediately guilty?
4. What does Pam say when Danny tells her that he will pull out his gun if Beezer even looks like he wants to fight in Chapter thirteen?
5. What does Jack find in the road when he flips to the other side in Chapter nine?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene in Chapter four where Jack and Dale are putting up paintings.
2. What does Judy tell Jack about Faraway in Chapter fourteen?
3. What does Dale tell Jack in Chapter ten when he calls Jack?
4. What does Wendell want to get from Irma's crime scene as he heads out to Ed's Eats and Dawgs?
5. What does Wendell tell Jack after Beezer has ruined the film in his camera?
6. What does Burny do in Chapter fifteen?
7. In Chapter four, what does Henry tell Jack has been happening to him lately while Jack is driving Henry home?
8. What is shown to the reader in Chapter two at Ed's Eats and Dawgs?
9. Describe what happens in Chapter five when Tyler sees the black crow.
10. What happens to Judy in Chapter five?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Describe Jack Sawyer's personality.
2) When Jack and Dale go up to Black House, Dale notes that Jack seems younger and stronger. Do you agree with this? Why do you think Dale noticed this change in Jack?
3) Do you feel that the Talisman's effect on Jack was responsible for all of the faith that people had in Jack and all of his good qualities? Speculate on how he would have been different without the Talisman's touch.
Essay Topic 2
1) Explain the relationship that Henry and Jack have. How is this relationship different from the one that Jack had with his mother?
2) How is Jack's leadership different than Beezer's leadership?
3) How does the bond that Sophie and Judy share compare to other relationships in the book? What real world relationship would you use to best describe the twinner relationship that is seen between these two characters?
Essay Topic 3
1) What was Tansy Freneau's role in the story?
2) Why is Tansy not visited again after the destruction of Black House?
3) Do you feel that there is any chance that Tansy was restored to her original state of mind? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,187 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)