|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Judy write on the note pad in Chapter two?
2. What do the men remind Beezer of when they come out of their houses in Chapter eleven to go with him to Ed's?
3. What does Wendell realize when he sees Doodles Sanger?
4. What has been done to the children that were found as it is described in Chapter one?
5. Who does Chipper owe $13,000 to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the conversation that Rebecca, Peter Wexler, and Henry have in chapter seven when Peter says that there was another little boy taken from outside of Maxton's.
2. Describe what happens in Chapter eight when Jack interviews the three boys that Tyler had last been seen with before he was taken from outside Maxton's.
3. In Chapter fourteen, what does Fred tell Jack he should know about Judy before they go to see her at the institution?
4. When they arrive at Ed's Eats and Dawgs, what does Dale tell Jack he should do?
5. What happens in Chapter seven when Henry begins playing for the residents at Maxton's?
6. Explain what happened after Charles Burnside first arrived at the hospital as the story is recalled in Chapter two?
7. What does Wendell tell Jack after Beezer has ruined the film in his camera?
8. In Chapter one, what is explained about Chipper's current situations in his life?
9. What does Wendell want to get from Irma's crime scene as he heads out to Ed's Eats and Dawgs?
10. Describe what happens in Chapter five when Tyler sees the black crow.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) How would you describe Henry Leyden?
2) What was the purpose of Henry's multiple radio personalities?
3) Why did Henry use those personalities to give Jack the final message before he died?
Essay Topic 2
1) Compare Dale and Beezer. In what ways are these two characters the same? In what ways do they differ?
2) Do you feel that Dale and Beezer will continue to help each other now that Jack is gone? Why or why not?
3) Which of these characters do you feel is stronger or the better leader?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following to write about:
1) Do you think Jack would have chosen to go to the Territories to be with Sophie even if he had not been shot? Why or why not?
2) What do you feel are the most obvious moments of foreshadowing in the book or the most important? What events in the story do you feel there should have been some foreshadowing of but there was not? Explain.
3) If there was a book following Black House which characters would you want to see it focus on and what from Black House do you think would be revisited? Explain.
This section contains 1,255 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)