|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Danny think that Beezer and Dale look like in Chapter thirteen when he sees them talking outside of Ed's Eats and Dawgs?
2. What does Jack find in the road when he flips to the other side in Chapter nine?
3. What does Jack say when Estelle Packard asks him if he is her father?
4. When does the author say the light of sanity will return to Tansy Freneau's eyes in the end of Chapter fifteen?
5. What does Dale tell Danny that Beezer and his friends are there to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens outside of Ed's Eats and Dawgs when Henry realizes that someone is taking his picture?
2. What does Potter tell Jack when they are able to talk?
3. How does Burny die?
4. What does Jack discover when he flips over to the Territories in Chapter twenty-one?
5. Describe the scene in Chapter twenty-five when Burny goes into Chipper's office.
6. What happens when Jack first opens the door to the Black House?
7. What does Dale tell Jack in Chapter ten when he calls Jack?
8. What do Doc and Beezer explain about Mouse's condition when Jack first arrives in Chapter twenty-three?
9. Describe what happens in Chapter five when Tyler sees the black crow.
10. What does Munshun tell Tyler when he first grabs him in Chapter twenty-nine?
Essay Topic 1
1) Describe what a twinner is. Do you feel that twinners are the same person in some way? Why or why not?
2) Do you think that Burny had a twinner?
3) If Doc or Beezer had twinners what do you think they would be like?
Essay Topic 2
1) Do you think that Dale truly gives up his position as police chief? Explain.
2) What do you think is the difference between a police man and a coppice man?
3) How would you have described Speedy's involvement in the story? Do you think he is a coppice man like Jack? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
1) Compare Dale and Beezer. In what ways are these two characters the same? In what ways do they differ?
2) Do you feel that Dale and Beezer will continue to help each other now that Jack is gone? Why or why not?
3) Which of these characters do you feel is stronger or the better leader?
This section contains 2,277 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)