|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack tell Dale to have done after learning that the Fisherman called 911?
2. Who answers Jack's cell phone in Chapter ten when Dale calls it?
3. Who does Chipper owe $13,000 to?
4. What does Beezer say he is going to do when he takes the camera from Wendell?
5. Where is Irma's body located?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what happens in Chapter eight when Jack interviews the three boys that Tyler had last been seen with before he was taken from outside Maxton's.
2. In Chapter four, what does Henry tell Jack has been happening to him lately while Jack is driving Henry home?
3. Explain what is known about Henry Leyden that is shown in chapter three.
4. What happens outside of Ed's Eats and Dawgs when Henry realizes that someone is taking his picture?
5. What does Dale tell Jack in Chapter ten when he calls Jack?
6. What does Judy tell Jack about Faraway in Chapter fourteen?
7. What does Beezer do when he gets the phone call that Irma's body has been found?
8. What does Wendell want to get from Irma's crime scene as he heads out to Ed's Eats and Dawgs?
9. Explain the importance of the letters that Dale is looking at in Chapter three.
10. What had happened when Wendell Green had tried to question Beezer after his daughter's body had been discovered?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) What does it say about Jack that he was determined to wait until 12:00 even before they left for the Black House?
2) Was this belief in the importance of high noon any different than the belief that Jack gave Beezer, Doc, and Dale with the honey that the bees had carried? Why or why not?
3) What other moments of belief were seen in the story that were much like these two examples?
Essay Topic 2
1) Why is it that Judy was willing to kiss Jack when he returned from him meeting with Sophie?
2) What did Jack mean when he said he was in love for the first time after seeing Sophie?
3) What different kinds of love are seen in the story? Which of these seems to be the strongest?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following to write about:
1) Do you think Jack would have chosen to go to the Territories to be with Sophie even if he had not been shot? Why or why not?
2) What do you feel are the most obvious moments of foreshadowing in the book or the most important? What events in the story do you feel there should have been some foreshadowing of but there was not? Explain.
3) If there was a book following Black House which characters would you want to see it focus on and what from Black House do you think would be revisited? Explain.
This section contains 1,203 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)