Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Danny think that Beezer and Dale look like in Chapter thirteen when he sees them talking outside of Ed's Eats and Dawgs?
2. What does Jack find in the road when he flips to the other side in Chapter nine?
3. What does Jack say when Estelle Packard asks him if he is her father?
4. When does the author say the light of sanity will return to Tansy Freneau's eyes in the end of Chapter fifteen?
5. What does Dale tell Danny that Beezer and his friends are there to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens outside of Ed's Eats and Dawgs when Henry realizes that someone is taking his picture?
2. What does Potter tell Jack when they are able to talk?
3. How does Burny die?
4. What does Jack discover when he flips over to the Territories in Chapter twenty-one?
5. Describe the scene in Chapter twenty-five when Burny goes into Chipper's office.
6. What happens when Jack first opens the door to the Black House?
7. What does Dale tell Jack in Chapter ten when he calls Jack?
8. What do Doc and Beezer explain about Mouse's condition when Jack first arrives in Chapter twenty-three?
9. Describe what happens in Chapter five when Tyler sees the black crow.
10. What does Munshun tell Tyler when he first grabs him in Chapter twenty-nine?
1) Describe Jack Sawyer's personality.
2) When Jack and Dale go up to Black House, Dale notes that Jack seems younger and stronger. Do you agree with this? Why do you think Dale noticed this change in Jack?
3) Do you feel that the Talisman's effect on Jack was responsible for all of the faith that people had in Jack and all of his good qualities? Speculate on how he would have been different without the Talisman's touch.
1) Do you feel that Jack was lying when he would keep partial truths from people, such as telling Dr. Spiegleman that what he was doing was somewhat like profiling? Why or why not?
2) Would you consider Jack a true hero or a flawed hero? Why?
3) Would you rather read about a hero that is flawed or one that fights the profile of a knight in shining armor? Why?
1) Compare Dale and Beezer. In what ways are these two characters the same? In what ways do they differ?
2) Do you feel that Dale and Beezer will continue to help each other now that Jack is gone? Why or why not?
3) Which of these characters do you feel is stronger or the better leader?
This section contains 1,183 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)