|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does T.J. find when he goes back to get Tyler?
2. Who does Doc pull out of the window of a car?
3. What flies toward Jack in his waking dreams as they are described in Chapter four?
4. What does Fred tell Jack about Judy?
5. Why does Rebecca say that it is impossible that someone at Maxton's is involved in the Fisherman murders?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what happens in Chapter eight when Jack interviews the three boys that Tyler had last been seen with before he was taken from outside Maxton's.
2. What happens in Chapter seven when Henry begins playing for the residents at Maxton's?
3. What is shown to the reader in Chapter two at Ed's Eats and Dawgs?
4. Describe what happens in Chapter five when Tyler sees the black crow.
5. What does Wendell want to get from Irma's crime scene as he heads out to Ed's Eats and Dawgs?
6. What does Dale tell Jack in Chapter ten when he calls Jack?
7. In Chapter fourteen, what does Fred tell Jack he should know about Judy before they go to see her at the institution?
8. Explain what is known about Henry Leyden that is shown in chapter three.
9. What does Judy tell Jack about Faraway in Chapter fourteen?
10. What had happened when Wendell Green had tried to question Beezer after his daughter's body had been discovered?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) What was Tansy Freneau's role in the story?
2) Why is Tansy not visited again after the destruction of Black House?
3) Do you feel that there is any chance that Tansy was restored to her original state of mind? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
1) Describe what a twinner is. Do you feel that twinners are the same person in some way? Why or why not?
2) Do you think that Burny had a twinner?
3) If Doc or Beezer had twinners what do you think they would be like?
Essay Topic 3
1) Why was it significant that Beezer and Doc could not find the house without Jack even after they had been there the day before with Mouse?
2) What does it mean that the Black House was almost infinite (page568)? Is it possible for something to be 'almost' infinite?
3) What did you see inside the Black House that you feel gave the most important information about the Black House? Explain.
This section contains 1,143 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)