|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beezer tell Jack when he arrives at Nailhouse Row in Chapter twenty-two?
(a) Sonny killed himself.
(b) Doc and Sonny are gone.
(c) Kaiser Bill and Sonny got scared and ran off.
(d) Bear Girl and the other old women left.
2. What does Jack tell the others about what they see in Black House?
(a) They can be killed.
(b) They can be held at bay by using the magic word.
(c) They are not evil.
(d) The things they see are llusions.
3. What does Chipper tell Burny when he enters his office?
(a) There have been some complaints about you.
(b) You need to get an appointment for a physical.
(c) We need to have a heart-to-heart.
(d) I need to ask you some questions.
4. What does Jack say that makes the door open at Black House?
(a) He uses Tyler's name.
(b) He uses his mother's name.
(c) He tells the Crimson King he is there to face him.
(d) He uses Sophie's name.
5. What does the candy striper tell Jack and Judy has happened when she enters Dr. Spiegleman's office in Chapter twenty-two?
(a) Patients began attacking staff.
(b) Earth quake.
(d) Bomb scare.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Judy tell Jack about the tape that she received?
2. What does Jack say when Beezer and Dale say they need to get out of there and burn Black House down after they first get Tyler and kill Munshun?
3. What shocks Burny while he is washing up in Chapter twenty-five?
4. What leads Jack and the others through the Black House?
5. What had Sonny refused to do when he and his high school friends came to the town called Harko?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene in Chapter twenty-five when Burny goes into Chipper's office.
2. How does Tyler get his hand un-cuffed from the wall?
3. What does Jack find when he returns to his world in Chapter twenty-two?
4. What happens when Munshun is faced with Jack, Dale, Beezer, and Doc?
5. What surprises Burny when he looks in the mirror in Chapter twenty-five?
6. What do Doc and Beezer explain about Mouse's condition when Jack first arrives in Chapter twenty-three?
7. What does Mouse tell about the Black House?
8. Describe the conversation that Mr. Munshun and Burny have in chapter twenty-six.
9. What does Jack discover when he flips over to the Territories in Chapter twenty-one?
10. Describe the scene in Chapter eighteen when Tansy Freneau walks into the bar.
This section contains 1,160 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)