|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who answers Jack's cell phone in Chapter ten when Dale calls it?
(b) Jack speaking in a slurred voice.
(d) Someone named Speedy.
2. What does Beezer seem to be doing when Wendel Green looks over and sees Beezer driving beside him in Chapter eleven?
3. In Chapter thirteen, why does Hoover Dalyrmple tell Pam that he will not speak to Danny?
(a) Danny used to date Hoover's niece.
(b) Danny is a pig.
(c) Danny has no interest in the rights of people.
(d) Danny is a scab.
4. What does Jack promise T.J. when he begins questioning him alone?
(a) That Tyler will be just fine.
(b) That he won't arrest T.J.
(c) That no one is in any trouble.
(d) That what T.J. says will stay between them.
5. What does Burny pick up off the desk in Chapter five?
(a) Car keys.
(b) A stapler.
(c) A pair of scissors.
(d) Butch's pet rock.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Henry say that blind people do not drive?
2. What does Speedy tell Jack about Tyler in the waking dream that Jack has in Chapter nine?
3. What does Wendell realize when he watches Beezer and the other bikers turn away so easily from the main entrance to Ed's?
4. What thought does Jack have when he first arrives at the police station in Chapter eight that makes him feel immediately guilty?
5. What does Jack say when Estelle Packard asks him if he is her father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in Chapter seven when Henry begins playing for the residents at Maxton's?
2. Describe the scene at Irma Freneau's mother's house in Chapter fifteen?
3. Explain what happened after Charles Burnside first arrived at the hospital as the story is recalled in Chapter two?
4. What does Judy tell Jack about Faraway in Chapter fourteen?
5. What happens outside of Ed's Eats and Dawgs when Henry realizes that someone is taking his picture?
6. Explain what is known about Henry Leyden that is shown in chapter three.
7. Describe the conversation that Rebecca, Peter Wexler, and Henry have in chapter seven when Peter says that there was another little boy taken from outside of Maxton's.
8. What is shown to the reader in Chapter two at Ed's Eats and Dawgs?
9. What does Beezer do when he gets the phone call that Irma's body has been found?
10. Describe the conversation that Jack and Wendell Green had that Jack recalls in Chapter four while cooking an omelet.
This section contains 1,121 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)