|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who led Chalk Two to the ordered site in "Overrun"?
2. The remainder of Chalk Two was ordered, along with all the other ground troops, to converge on what in "Overrun"?
3. Who was hit by a bullet in the femoral artery, severing it, in "The Alamo"?
4. The soldiers who had converged on the first crash scene in "The Alamo" were spread out in what shape along the block?
5. In the context of military special operations, what consists of: "Short-duration strikes and other small-scale offensive actions conducted as a special operation in hostile, denied, or politically sensitive environments and which employ specialized military capabilities to seize, destroy, capture, exploit, recover, or damage designated targets"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What soldier put his own health at risk in order to assist in the assault in "Overrun"? How?
2. What led to tension and miscommunication between the Rangers and D-boys in "The Alamo"?
3. Who was dropped down from Super Six Two in "Overrun"? Why?
4. How was Specialist John Stebbins injured in "The Alamo"?
5. What CSAR medics were dropped near Super Six One in "Overrun"?
6. What did the pilot and co-pilot of Super Six Four discover upon consciousness after their crash in "Overrun"?
7. How did Captain Mike Steele react to the news of Smith's death in "The Alamo"? Where were the wounded in his company moved?
8. How was Corporal Jamie Smith injured in "The Alamo"?
9. How was Private Rodriguez injured in "The Alamo"?
10. Who led Chalk Two to the first crash site in "Overrun"? What obstacles did the men face?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the mission of Chalk Two in "Overrun" and the actions of Sergeant Ed Yurek. How did Yurek's men bypass the Somalis?
Essay Topic 2
Define and discuss CSARs and their attempts to reach Super Six One in "Black Hawk Down." Where was Chalk Four while the CSARs were attempting to get into target?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss Captain Mike Steele. What chalk was Steele in charge of? What was his mission in Mogadishu?
This section contains 956 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)