|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the Humvees and soldiers made their way back into Mogadishu, they found themselves immediately under attack and blocked at every turn by what in "Overrun"?
2. When did President George H.W. Bush order the U.S. Armed Forces to join the U.N. in a joint operation known as Operation Restore Hope, with the primary mission of restoring order in Somalia?
3. Who directed the field hospital at the base, choosing who to treat and who was too badly wounded to waste time on in "The Alamo"?
4. What co-pilot managed to climb out of the mangled wreck of the Super Six Four in "Overrun"?
5. What is a substance that exhibits the phenomenon of luminescence?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why were helicopters not sent in for Corporal Jamie Smith in "The Alamo"?
2. How were the Rangers and D-boys grouped as they traveled to the first crash site in "Overrun"?
3. What is ironic about Warrant Officer Mike Durant's capture?
4. Who led Chalk Two to the first crash site in "Overrun"? What obstacles did the men face?
5. How was Corporal Jamie Smith injured in "The Alamo"?
6. What soldier put his own health at risk in order to assist in the assault in "Overrun"? How?
7. Who descended to assist the pilot of Super Six Four in "Overrun"? What did they face?
8. What was problematic about the way the soldiers were converged at the first crash site in "The Alamo"?
9. Where did Captain Mike Steele and his men head after the second crash in "Overrun"? How did they travel?
10. How did Captain Mike Steele react to the news of Smith's death in "The Alamo"? Where were the wounded in his company moved?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Delta Master Sergeant Tim 'Griz' Martin and Private Adalberto Rodriguez. How were each of the men injured in "Black Hawk Down"?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss Specialist Dale Sizemore and the morale of the men on the base in "Overrun." How did the men feel about the way the mission was developing?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Sergeant First Class Randy Shughart and Master Sergeant Gary Gordon and their actions in "Overrun." What heroic efforts did each man make?
This section contains 976 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)