|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Americans had assumed that what shot from the ground could never bring down a helicopter as large and powerful as a Black Hawk?
2. What gunner was hit in the back of the head and killed instantly when the Humvee convoy stopped to recover the injured in "Black Hawk Down"?
3. Where did the Super Six Four go down in "Black Hawk Down"?
4. What was the first Black Hawk helicopter that was shot down over Mogadishu on October 3?
5. In military terminology, what is a specific aircraft load, especially a group of airborne soldiers which deploy from a single aircraft?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who from Super Six Seven was injured upon the crew's descent? How?
2. Why were the soldiers awaiting orders in the opening of "The Assault" unsure if their mission would actually take place?
3. What did Staff Sergeant Matt Eversmann leave behind as he set out for his mission in "The Assault"? Why?
4. How was Sergeant Scott Galentine injured in "The Assault"? Who among his unit was also injured around the same time?
5. What had the soldiers believed about the resistance of the Black Hawk helicopters? How was this disproved in "Black Hawk Down"?
6. What problems did Sergeant Jeff Struecker encounter in his mission in "The Assault"?
7. What led to the crash of Super Six One in "Black Hawk Down"?
8. What took place when the Humvee convoy stopped to recover the injured in "Black Hawk Down"? Who was hit?
9. Who among those in the Humvee convoy were injured or killed just after the crash of Super Six Four?
10. What was the plan for the rangers and Delta operators in the beginning of "The Assault"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Sergeant First Class Randy Shughart and Master Sergeant Gary Gordon and their actions in "Overrun." What heroic efforts did each man make?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and analyze the crash of Super Six One in "Black Hawk Down." What had the military overlooked regarding the impact of RPGs on the Black Hawks?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Chief Warrant Officer Cliff 'Elvis' Wolcott, and his co-pilot, Chief Warrant Officer Donovan Briley in Super Six One. How did Wolcott respond to the hit on the aircraft?
This section contains 991 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)