|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a small container used especially by soldiers and hikers for carrying water or other liquids?
2. What do the Somalis refer to the Battle of Mogadishu as?
3. Sergeant Tim 'Griz' Martin and Private Adalberto Rodriguez were injured when a grenade hit which Humvee in the column as the convey continued to make its way to the first crash site in "Black Hawk Down"?
4. What gunner was hit in the back of the head and killed instantly when the Humvee convoy stopped to recover the injured in "Black Hawk Down"?
5. What happened to the bodies of the crew of the Black Hawk helicopter shot down a week before October 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who among those in the Humvee convoy were injured or killed just after the crash of Super Six Four?
2. What miscommunication took place between the Delta operators and the Humvee convoy in "Black Hawk Down"?
3. Who from Super Six Seven was injured upon the crew's descent? How?
4. What had the soldiers believed about the resistance of the Black Hawk helicopters? How was this disproved in "Black Hawk Down"?
5. What led to the Humvee convoy finally changing their destination to base in "Black Hawk Down"?
6. What was the plan for the rangers and Delta operators in the beginning of "The Assault"?
7. What did the leaders at base observe after the crash of Super Six One?
8. Why did Super Six Four crash? Who was its pilot?
9. What took place when the Humvee convoy stopped to recover the injured in "Black Hawk Down"? Who was hit?
10. What miscommunication took place as the Humvee convoy continued to the first crash site in "Black Hawk Down"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss Specialist Dale Sizemore and the morale of the men on the base in "Overrun." How did the men feel about the way the mission was developing?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Sergeant First Class Randy Shughart and Master Sergeant Gary Gordon and their actions in "Overrun." What heroic efforts did each man make?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Chief Warrant Officer Cliff 'Elvis' Wolcott, and his co-pilot, Chief Warrant Officer Donovan Briley in Super Six One. How did Wolcott respond to the hit on the aircraft?
This section contains 1,005 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)