|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Instead of taking the prisoners directly to the American base, the Humvees were ordered to do what in "Black Hawk Down"?
2. The directions sent to the Humvee convoy directly from the Black Hawks above them were sending them to what in "Black Hawk Down"?
3. What group's orders were to rope down into Mogadishu and set up a blocking position on the northwest corner of the target house in "The Assault"?
4. What does NOD stand for?
5. Who was hit while shooting the .50 caliber gun on top of the Humvee in "Black Hawk Down"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why were the soldiers awaiting orders in the opening of "The Assault" unsure if their mission would actually take place?
2. Why did the simple mission turn into a nightmare for the U.S. Military in "Black Hawk Down"? How many American soldiers were injured?
3. What was the plan for the rangers and Delta operators in the beginning of "The Assault"?
4. Why did Super Six Four crash? Who was its pilot?
5. What had the soldiers believed about the resistance of the Black Hawk helicopters? How was this disproved in "Black Hawk Down"?
6. Who from Super Six Seven was injured upon the crew's descent? How?
7. Who led the Delta operators through the target house in "The Assault"? What did they discover?
8. Who did Staff Sergeant Matt Eversmann send away for medical care in "The Assault"? How?
9. What is a CSAR and why were they unable to assist the soldiers in Super Six One?
10. What led to the crash of Super Six One in "Black Hawk Down"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Sergeant Jeff Struecker and the mission of the Humvee convoy in "The Assault." What led to Struecker becoming lost?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the reasons that each unit was directed to go to the crash site. Of what importance was it to the U.S. Military that the crash site be guarded against the Somalis?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Sergeant First Class Randy Shughart and Master Sergeant Gary Gordon and their actions in "Overrun." What heroic efforts did each man make?
This section contains 977 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)