|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Instead of taking the prisoners directly to the American base, the Humvees were ordered to do what in "Black Hawk Down"?
2. Sergeant Tim 'Griz' Martin and Private Adalberto Rodriguez were injured when a grenade hit which Humvee in the column as the convey continued to make its way to the first crash site in "Black Hawk Down"?
3. Why was it of great concern to get as many men around the downed aircraft to protect it and the survivors for the American government?
4. The crash of Super Six One damaged the corner of a home occupied by whom?
5. Who was killed upon impact in the crash of Super Six One?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Sergeant Jeff Struecker hesitate in reporting the first casualty in "The Assault"?
2. Who led the Delta operators through the target house in "The Assault"? What did they discover?
3. What had the soldiers believed about the resistance of the Black Hawk helicopters? How was this disproved in "Black Hawk Down"?
4. What did the leaders at base observe after the crash of Super Six One?
5. What miscommunication took place as the Humvee convoy continued to the first crash site in "Black Hawk Down"?
6. Who did Staff Sergeant Matt Eversmann send away for medical care in "The Assault"? How?
7. What problems did Sergeant Jeff Struecker encounter in his mission in "The Assault"?
8. Why did Super Six Four crash? Who was its pilot?
9. Why did the simple mission turn into a nightmare for the U.S. Military in "Black Hawk Down"? How many American soldiers were injured?
10. How was Sergeant Scott Galentine injured in "The Assault"? Who among his unit was also injured around the same time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the reasons that each unit was directed to go to the crash site. Of what importance was it to the U.S. Military that the crash site be guarded against the Somalis?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss Captain Mike Steele. What chalk was Steele in charge of? What was his mission in Mogadishu?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the mission of Chalk Two in "Overrun" and the actions of Sergeant Ed Yurek. How did Yurek's men bypass the Somalis?
This section contains 973 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)