|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Captain Mike Steele and his men place on the street to direct aircraft to their location in "Overrun"?
(a) Burning debris.
(b) Bright orange panels.
(c) GPS beacons.
2. What is a series of light helicopter gunships based on the MH-6 Little Bird and MD 500 family?
(a) H-1 Iroquois.
(b) H-1 Cobra.
(c) Boeing AH-6.
(d) H-2 Seasprite.
3. What is a component command of the United States Special Operations Command, and is charged to study special operations requirements and techniques to ensure interoperability and equipment standardization, plan and conduct special operations exercises and training?
(a) Camp David.
(b) The Oval Office.
(c) Joint Special Operations.
(d) Guantanamo Bay.
4. When was the Somali National Alliance formed?
(a) June, 1992.
(b) September, 1993.
(c) April, 1990.
(d) October, 1991.
5. Who and his men took up a position on a small tin porch-like structure not far from the crash site in "The Alamo"?
(a) Sergeant First Class Randy Shughart.
(b) First Lieutenant Larry Perino.
(c) Master Sergeant Scott Fales.
(d) Major Rob Marsh.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the only survivor of the crash of Super Six Four?
2. In the context of military special operations, what consists of: "Short-duration strikes and other small-scale offensive actions conducted as a special operation in hostile, denied, or politically sensitive environments and which employ specialized military capabilities to seize, destroy, capture, exploit, recover, or damage designated targets"?
3. Captain Mike Steele and his team, as well as the D-boys leader, were instructed to move closer together for what reason in "The Alamo"?
4. What, also known as depredation, is a military tactic or operational warfare mission which has a specific purpose and is not normally intended to capture and hold terrain, but instead finish with the force quickly retreating to a previous defended position?
5. How far were the convoys and soldiers from their base as they were trapped in "The Alamo"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the pilot and co-pilot of Super Six Four discover upon consciousness after their crash in "Overrun"?
2. What was given to Specialist John Stebbins after his injury in "The Alamo"?
3. Who descended to assist the pilot of Super Six Four in "Overrun"? What did they face?
4. Who was dropped down from Super Six Two in "Overrun"? Why?
5. What CSAR medics were dropped near Super Six One in "Overrun"?
6. What soldier put his own health at risk in order to assist in the assault in "Overrun"? How?
7. Why were helicopters not sent in for Corporal Jamie Smith in "The Alamo"?
8. How was Specialist John Stebbins injured in "The Alamo"?
9. Where did Captain Mike Steele and his men head after the second crash in "Overrun"? How did they travel?
10. What happened when Warrant Officer Mike Durant was discovered by the Somalis in "Overrun"?
This section contains 1,057 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)