|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what date did one of the deadliest attacks on U.N. forces in Somalia occur, in which 24 Pakistani soldiers in the U.N. force were killed in an ambush?
(a) March 14, 1994.
(b) July 7, 1991.
(c) July 25, 1992.
(d) June 5, 1993.
2. What refers to the coordinated military actions of a state in response to a developing situation?
(a) Army mission.
(b) Military operation.
(d) Millitary conflict.
3. What, also known as depredation, is a military tactic or operational warfare mission which has a specific purpose and is not normally intended to capture and hold terrain, but instead finish with the force quickly retreating to a previous defended position?
(b) Smash and grab.
4. Who directed the field hospital at the base, choosing who to treat and who was too badly wounded to waste time on in "The Alamo"?
(a) Major Rob Marsh.
(b) Captain Mike Steele.
(c) Sergeant First Class Paul Howe.
(d) Corporal Jamie Smith.
5. What is electromagnetic radiation with a wavelength shorter than that of visible light, but longer than X-rays?
(a) Ultraviolet light.
(b) Gamma rays.
(d) Infrared light.
Short Answer Questions
1. What aircraft delivered fresh water and IV fluids to the first crash site, leaving the men to settle in for the long night ahead of them in "The Alamo"?
2. In "The Alamo," the news of Smith's death after repeated requests to have him medivaced out of the area hit many of the men hard, especially who?
3. Who gave a gun to Durant before returning to the nose of the aircraft to continue fighting off the Somalis in "Overrun"?
4. What is a military discipline that exploits a number of information collection and analysis approaches to provide guidance and direction to commanders in support of their decisions?
5. What medic climbed into the Super Six One aircraft and helped another crew member pull out the co-pilot in "Overrun"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who confirmed the deaths of the pilots on Super Six One? What happened to the bodies?
2. What did the pilot and co-pilot of Super Six Four discover upon consciousness after their crash in "Overrun"?
3. Where did Captain Mike Steele and his men head after the second crash in "Overrun"? How did they travel?
4. How did Captain Mike Steele react to the news of Smith's death in "The Alamo"? Where were the wounded in his company moved?
5. What did the medic do to assist Corporal Jamie Smith in "The Alamo"?
6. What did Captain Mike Steele's men place to direct aircraft to their location in "Overrun"? Who was wounded on this journey?
7. Who led Chalk Two to the first crash site in "Overrun"? What obstacles did the men face?
8. How was Private Rodriguez injured in "The Alamo"?
9. How was Corporal Jamie Smith injured in "The Alamo"?
10. What soldier put his own health at risk in order to assist in the assault in "Overrun"? How?
This section contains 1,095 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)