|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the Delta operators were searching the target house in "The Assault," bullets come flying from a corner that was what?
(a) Heavily fortified.
(b) Saturated with enemies.
(c) Dimly lit.
(d) Being covered by the Rangers.
2. A CSAR team was sent to the crash site of Super Six One but the helicopter was hit by ground fire and forced to do what in "Black Hawk Down"?
(a) Return to base.
(b) Crash land.
(c) Gain altitude.
(d) Return fire.
3. How far had Private First Class Todd Blackburn fallen from the helicopter in "The Assault"?
(a) 150 feet.
(b) 475 feet.
(c) 70 feet.
(d) 30 feet.
4. Instead of taking the prisoners directly to the American base, the Humvees were ordered to do what in "Black Hawk Down"?
(a) Go to the crash site and pick up any survivors.
(b) Attack the enemy compound.
(c) Return to base.
(d) Seek cover.
5. What is a group of elite Army Rangers trained to work independently in dangerous, often highly secretive missions?
(a) Chevron Division.
(b) Apex Unit.
(c) Delta Force.
(d) Pinnacle Battalion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Less than two hours into the battle, the crippled Humvee convoy approached what location, preparing for another ambush as they made their way to the base in "Black Hawk Down"?
2. In what helicopter did Staff Sergeant Matt Eversmann fly into Mogadishu on October 3 in "The Assault"?
3. Where was Super Six Four hit by an RPG in "Black Hawk Down"?
4. Who was run over when the disoriented Humvee driver did not see his body where it had been blown into the street in "Black Hawk Down"?
5. Staff Sergeant Matt Eversmann's previous leader was sent home and the man's replacement was taken out of commission by what in "The Assault"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was burning in the streets when the helicopters began to converge in "The Assault"? Why did the men ignore it?
2. What had the soldiers believed about the resistance of the Black Hawk helicopters? How was this disproved in "Black Hawk Down"?
3. Who did Staff Sergeant Matt Eversmann send away for medical care in "The Assault"? How?
4. What led to the crash of Super Six One in "Black Hawk Down"?
5. What did the leaders at base observe after the crash of Super Six One?
6. What miscommunication took place between the Delta operators and the Humvee convoy in "Black Hawk Down"?
7. Who from Super Six Seven was injured upon the crew's descent? How?
8. Where did the crew of Super Six Seven descend in "The Assault"? Why?
9. What is a CSAR and why were they unable to assist the soldiers in Super Six One?
10. Why were the soldiers awaiting orders in the opening of "The Assault" unsure if their mission would actually take place?
This section contains 1,060 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)