|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the pilot of the Super Six Four?
(a) Master Sergeant Scott Fales.
(b) Technical Sergeant Tim Wilkinson.
(c) Chief Warrant Officer Ray Frank.
(d) Warrant Officer Mike Durant.
2. What were burning in the street when the first of the helicopters began to converge on the skies above the cities in "The Assault"?
(d) Drums of oil.
3. What evaporated on the Super Six Four, causing the helicopter to lean forward in "Black Hawk Down"?
(a) The underside.
(b) The windshield.
(c) The tail rotor.
(d) The engine.
4. Who was hit while shooting the .50 caliber gun on top of the Humvee in "Black Hawk Down"?
(a) First Lieutenant Larry Perino.
(b) Private Adalberto Rodriguez.
(c) Sergeant Lorenzo Ruiz.
(d) Corporal Jim Cavaco.
5. Private First Class Todd Blackburn had not been through what yet when he was assigned to Chalk Four?
(a) Boot camp.
(b) Ranger school.
(d) Rifle training.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a small container used especially by soldiers and hikers for carrying water or other liquids?
2. How many chalks under the command of Captain Steele would go into Mogadishu on October 3, in "The Assault"?
3. What refers to a canceled or postponed space flight, launching, scheduled part of a space mission, etc.?
4. Who was killed upon impact in the crash of Super Six One?
5. What does NOD stand for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What miscommunication took place between the Delta operators and the Humvee convoy in "Black Hawk Down"?
2. Why did Super Six Four crash? Who was its pilot?
3. What led to the Humvee convoy finally changing their destination to base in "Black Hawk Down"?
4. What led to the crash of Super Six One in "Black Hawk Down"?
5. Who among those in the Humvee convoy were injured or killed just after the crash of Super Six Four?
6. Why did the simple mission turn into a nightmare for the U.S. Military in "Black Hawk Down"? How many American soldiers were injured?
7. What is a CSAR and why were they unable to assist the soldiers in Super Six One?
8. What was the plan for the rangers and Delta operators in the beginning of "The Assault"?
9. Why did Sergeant Jeff Struecker hesitate in reporting the first casualty in "The Assault"?
10. Why were the soldiers awaiting orders in the opening of "The Assault" unsure if their mission would actually take place?
This section contains 980 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)