|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Somalis refer to the Battle of Mogadishu as?
(a) Soldier Saturday.
(b) The American Infiltration.
(c) The Day of the Rangers.
(d) Yankee Week.
2. What refers to a body of citizens enrolled for military service, and called out periodically for drill but serving full time only in emergencies?
(c) Coast Guard.
3. Who was shot in the hand, causing his thumb to be severed in "The Assault"?
(a) Captain Mike Steele.
(b) Specalist Dale Sizemore.
(c) Sergeant Scott Galentine.
(d) Lieutenant Colonel Dave McKnight.
4. A week before the mission that brought Rangers, Delta operators, and SEALs into Mogadishu on October 3, a Black Hawk helicopter was shot down over Mogadishu by what?
(a) An AK-47.
(b) A .50 caliber pistol.
(c) An elephant gun.
(d) An RPG.
5. What smaller helicopter landed near the crash site of Super Six One in "Black Hawk Down"?
(b) Gold Finch.
(d) Little Bird.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the Humvee convoy awaiting a signal from when Super Six One was shot down?
2. How many of his men did Staff Sergeant Matt Eversmann send with Blackburn after his injury in "The Assault"?
3. As the Delta operators were searching the target house in "The Assault," bullets come flying from a corner that was what?
4. Where did the Super Six Four go down in "Black Hawk Down"?
5. What crew member of Super Six One had a gunshot to the abdomen and there was little anyone could do for him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Staff Sergeant Matt Eversmann leave behind as he set out for his mission in "The Assault"? Why?
2. What was the plan for the rangers and Delta operators in the beginning of "The Assault"?
3. What took place when the Humvee convoy stopped to recover the injured in "Black Hawk Down"? Who was hit?
4. Why did the simple mission turn into a nightmare for the U.S. Military in "Black Hawk Down"? How many American soldiers were injured?
5. What was burning in the streets when the helicopters began to converge in "The Assault"? Why did the men ignore it?
6. What led to the Humvee convoy finally changing their destination to base in "Black Hawk Down"?
7. What is a CSAR and why were they unable to assist the soldiers in Super Six One?
8. Who among those in the Humvee convoy were injured or killed just after the crash of Super Six Four?
9. What problems did Sergeant Jeff Struecker encounter in his mission in "The Assault"?
10. What led to the crash of Super Six One in "Black Hawk Down"?
This section contains 1,021 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)