|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the first Black Hawk helicopter that was shot down over Mogadishu on October 3?
(a) Super Six Five.
(b) Super Six One.
(c) Super Six Four.
(d) Super Six Two.
2. What obstacle did the Humvee convoy face in obtaining directions, causing the convoy to turn down the wrong roads in "Black Hawk Down"?
(a) Their radios lost communication.
(b) Certain roads were blockaded.
(c) Directions from the observation aircraft were delayed.
(d) Their maps were outdated.
3. Who was the leader of the Ranger chalks that would provide support on the ground to the Delta Force who would raid and arrest the targets in Mogadishu in "The Assault"?
(a) Specalist Dale Sizemore.
(b) Captain Mike Steele.
(c) Warrant Officer Mike Durant.
(d) Sergeant Scott Galentine.
4. Who announced his intention to take the wounded back to the base rather than going to the first crash site in "Black Hawk Down"?
(a) Sergeant First Class Randy Rymes.
(b) Lieutenant Colonel Dave McKnight.
(c) Chief Warrant Officer Ray Frank.
(d) Sergeant First Class Paul Howe.
5. What group's orders were to rope down into Mogadishu and set up a blocking position on the northwest corner of the target house in "The Assault"?
(a) Chalk Four's.
(b) Chalk One's.
(c) Chalk Two's.
(d) Chalk Three's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Super Six One was piloted by whom?
2. Who was a warlord of the Haber Gidr clan in Mogadishu who took it upon himself to steal food sent to his country as aid to help those suffering from years of civil war and kept it from the people in an attempt to control them?
3. Why was it of great concern to get as many men around the downed aircraft to protect it and the survivors for the American government?
4. What was a group of Sharia Courts who united themselves to form a rival administration to the Transitional Federal Government of Somalia?
5. What happened to the bodies of the crew of the Black Hawk helicopter shot down a week before October 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who led the Delta operators through the target house in "The Assault"? What did they discover?
2. What had the soldiers believed about the resistance of the Black Hawk helicopters? How was this disproved in "Black Hawk Down"?
3. What led to the Humvee convoy finally changing their destination to base in "Black Hawk Down"?
4. What did Staff Sergeant Matt Eversmann leave behind as he set out for his mission in "The Assault"? Why?
5. What was burning in the streets when the helicopters began to converge in "The Assault"? Why did the men ignore it?
6. Why did Sergeant Jeff Struecker hesitate in reporting the first casualty in "The Assault"?
7. What did the leaders at base observe after the crash of Super Six One?
8. What problems did Sergeant Jeff Struecker encounter in his mission in "The Assault"?
9. Who among those in the Humvee convoy were injured or killed just after the crash of Super Six Four?
10. What led to the crash of Super Six One in "Black Hawk Down"?
This section contains 1,132 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)