|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What refers to a body of citizens enrolled for military service, and called out periodically for drill but serving full time only in emergencies?
(d) Coast Guard.
2. Who was killed upon impact in the crash of Super Six One?
(a) One of the pilots.
(b) Two Somalians.
(c) Ten Somalians.
(d) Both pilots.
3. At the time Super Six One was being shot down, the D-boys were waiting for a signal from the Humvee convoy alerting them that it was time to do what?
(a) Return to base.
(b) Storm the building.
(c) Bring out the prisoners.
(d) Abort the mission.
4. Who was the co-pilot of Super Six One?
(a) Specalist Dale Sizemore.
(b) CWO Donovan Briley.
(c) Sergeant Lorenzo Ruiz.
(d) Major Rob Marsh.
5. In military terminology, what is a specific aircraft load, especially a group of airborne soldiers which deploy from a single aircraft?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Americans had assumed that what shot from the ground could never bring down a helicopter as large and powerful as a Black Hawk?
2. What crew member of Super Six One had a gunshot to the abdomen and there was little anyone could do for him?
3. Who was the pilot of the Super Six Four?
4. What is a group of elite Army Rangers trained to work independently in dangerous, often highly secretive missions?
5. What was the first Black Hawk helicopter that was shot down over Mogadishu on October 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What led to the crash of Super Six One in "Black Hawk Down"?
2. Who from Super Six Seven was injured upon the crew's descent? How?
3. How was Sergeant Scott Galentine injured in "The Assault"? Who among his unit was also injured around the same time?
4. Who did Staff Sergeant Matt Eversmann send away for medical care in "The Assault"? How?
5. What did the leaders at base observe after the crash of Super Six One?
6. What was the plan for the rangers and Delta operators in the beginning of "The Assault"?
7. Why did Sergeant Jeff Struecker hesitate in reporting the first casualty in "The Assault"?
8. What took place when the Humvee convoy stopped to recover the injured in "Black Hawk Down"? Who was hit?
9. What is a CSAR and why were they unable to assist the soldiers in Super Six One?
10. Where did the crew of Super Six Seven descend in "The Assault"? Why?
This section contains 989 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)