|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was a warlord of the Haber Gidr clan in Mogadishu who took it upon himself to steal food sent to his country as aid to help those suffering from years of civil war and kept it from the people in an attempt to control them?
(a) Abdullahi "Firimbi" Hassan.
(b) Mohamed Farrah Aidid.
(c) Abdullahi Farrah Hassan.
(d) Abdiaziz Ali Aden.
2. Who was shot in the back when the Humvee convoy stopped to recover the injured in "Black Hawk Down"?
(a) Master Sergeant Gary Gordon.
(b) Private Anton Berendsen.
(c) Sergeant Scott Galentine.
(d) Sergeant Joyce.
3. Sergeant Jeff Struecker got lost on the way to what location, where his men were to wait to collect the captured prisoners and transport them back to the base in "The Assault"?
(a) The mosque.
(b) The warlord's house.
(c) The Olympic Hotel.
(d) The U.S. Embassy.
4. What is a military vehicle that combines the features of a jeep with those of a light truck?
5. How many of the men in the convoy in "Black Hawk Down" were injured during the disastrous tour through the city in their attempt to find the first crash site?
(a) One tenth.
(b) One quarter.
(c) More than half.
(d) One fifth.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Americans had assumed that what shot from the ground could never bring down a helicopter as large and powerful as a Black Hawk?
2. How many chalks under the command of Captain Steele would go into Mogadishu on October 3, in "The Assault"?
3. Who was the leader of the Ranger chalks that would provide support on the ground to the Delta Force who would raid and arrest the targets in Mogadishu in "The Assault"?
4. Staff Sergeant Matt Eversmann's previous leader was sent home and the man's replacement was taken out of commission by what in "The Assault"?
5. What was a group of Sharia Courts who united themselves to form a rival administration to the Transitional Federal Government of Somalia?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the leaders at base observe after the crash of Super Six One?
2. What led to the crash of Super Six One in "Black Hawk Down"?
3. What had the soldiers believed about the resistance of the Black Hawk helicopters? How was this disproved in "Black Hawk Down"?
4. Why did Sergeant Jeff Struecker hesitate in reporting the first casualty in "The Assault"?
5. Who led the Delta operators through the target house in "The Assault"? What did they discover?
6. What was burning in the streets when the helicopters began to converge in "The Assault"? Why did the men ignore it?
7. Why did the simple mission turn into a nightmare for the U.S. Military in "Black Hawk Down"? How many American soldiers were injured?
8. What took place when the Humvee convoy stopped to recover the injured in "Black Hawk Down"? Who was hit?
9. What miscommunication took place between the Delta operators and the Humvee convoy in "Black Hawk Down"?
10. What miscommunication took place as the Humvee convoy continued to the first crash site in "Black Hawk Down"?
This section contains 1,105 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)