|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mogadishu is located in what coastal region on the Indian Ocean?
2. Who was hit while shooting the .50 caliber gun on top of the Humvee in "Black Hawk Down"?
(a) Corporal Jim Cavaco.
(b) First Lieutenant Larry Perino.
(c) Sergeant Lorenzo Ruiz.
(d) Private Adalberto Rodriguez.
3. What refers to a specially trained team designed to go into a battlefield and rescue injured soldiers?
4. Who was killed upon impact in the crash of Super Six One?
(a) Both pilots.
(b) Ten Somalians.
(c) Two Somalians.
(d) One of the pilots.
5. What crew member of Super Six One had a gunshot to the abdomen and there was little anyone could do for him?
(a) Private Richard Kowalewski.
(b) Staff Sergeant Daniel Busch.
(c) Technical Sergeant Tim Wilkinson.
(d) Sergeant Ed Yurek.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Sergeant Jeff Struecker in charge of taking back to base after his extraction in "The Assault"?
2. What is a group of elite Army Rangers trained to work independently in dangerous, often highly secretive missions?
3. What evaporated on the Super Six Four, causing the helicopter to lean forward in "Black Hawk Down"?
4. What obstacle did the Humvee convoy face in obtaining directions, causing the convoy to turn down the wrong roads in "Black Hawk Down"?
5. What does NOD stand for?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Sergeant Scott Galentine injured in "The Assault"? Who among his unit was also injured around the same time?
2. What problems did Sergeant Jeff Struecker encounter in his mission in "The Assault"?
3. What took place when the Humvee convoy stopped to recover the injured in "Black Hawk Down"? Who was hit?
4. What miscommunication took place between the Delta operators and the Humvee convoy in "Black Hawk Down"?
5. Who did Staff Sergeant Matt Eversmann send away for medical care in "The Assault"? How?
6. What is a CSAR and why were they unable to assist the soldiers in Super Six One?
7. Why did Sergeant Jeff Struecker hesitate in reporting the first casualty in "The Assault"?
8. What was burning in the streets when the helicopters began to converge in "The Assault"? Why did the men ignore it?
9. What did the leaders at base observe after the crash of Super Six One?
10. Where did the crew of Super Six Seven descend in "The Assault"? Why?
This section contains 968 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)