|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does RPG stand for?
(a) Rebel police guard.
(b) Rapid people gatherer.
(c) Rocket propelled grenade.
(d) Rebel patriot group.
2. At the time Super Six One was being shot down, the D-boys were waiting for a signal from the Humvee convoy alerting them that it was time to do what?
(a) Return to base.
(b) Storm the building.
(c) Bring out the prisoners.
(d) Abort the mission.
3. Instead of taking the prisoners directly to the American base, the Humvees were ordered to do what in "Black Hawk Down"?
(a) Return to base.
(b) Seek cover.
(c) Attack the enemy compound.
(d) Go to the crash site and pick up any survivors.
4. What happened to the bodies of the crew of the Black Hawk helicopter shot down a week before October 3?
(a) They were consumed by animals.
(b) They were mutilated by Somalis.
(c) They got dehydrated by the sun.
(d) The skin was peeled off by sandstorms.
5. How far had Private First Class Todd Blackburn fallen from the helicopter in "The Assault"?
(a) 70 feet.
(b) 475 feet.
(c) 150 feet.
(d) 30 feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. The directions sent to the Humvee convoy directly from the Black Hawks above them were sending them to what in "Black Hawk Down"?
2. Who was killed upon impact in the crash of Super Six One?
3. In what helicopter did Staff Sergeant Matt Eversmann fly into Mogadishu on October 3 in "The Assault"?
4. Who was a warlord of the Haber Gidr clan in Mogadishu who took it upon himself to steal food sent to his country as aid to help those suffering from years of civil war and kept it from the people in an attempt to control them?
5. What is a small container used especially by soldiers and hikers for carrying water or other liquids?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a CSAR and why were they unable to assist the soldiers in Super Six One?
2. What was burning in the streets when the helicopters began to converge in "The Assault"? Why did the men ignore it?
3. How was Sergeant Scott Galentine injured in "The Assault"? Who among his unit was also injured around the same time?
4. What was the purpose of the mission in "The Assault"? What did the men overlook in beginning the mission?
5. Who from Super Six Seven was injured upon the crew's descent? How?
6. What was the plan for the rangers and Delta operators in the beginning of "The Assault"?
7. Who did Staff Sergeant Matt Eversmann send away for medical care in "The Assault"? How?
8. What miscommunication took place between the Delta operators and the Humvee convoy in "Black Hawk Down"?
9. What problems did Sergeant Jeff Struecker encounter in his mission in "The Assault"?
10. Where did the crew of Super Six Seven descend in "The Assault"? Why?
This section contains 1,020 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)