|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Sergeant Jeff Struecker in charge of taking back to base after his extraction in "The Assault"?
(a) CWO Donovan Briley.
(b) Private Anton Berendsen.
(c) Private First Class Todd Blackburn.
(d) CWO Cliff 'Elvis' Wolcott.
2. Who led a team into the target home and assisted in the arrests of the leaders in Aidid's gang in "The Assault"?
(a) Corporal Jim Cavaco.
(b) Sergeant Ed Yurek.
(c) CWO Donovan Briley.
(d) Sergeant First Class Paul Howe.
3. Who was the co-pilot of Super Six One?
(a) CWO Donovan Briley.
(b) Major Rob Marsh.
(c) Specalist Dale Sizemore.
(d) Sergeant Lorenzo Ruiz.
4. Who was shot in the hand, causing his thumb to be severed in "The Assault"?
(a) Lieutenant Colonel Dave McKnight.
(b) Sergeant Scott Galentine.
(c) Captain Mike Steele.
(d) Specalist Dale Sizemore.
5. What group's orders were to rope down into Mogadishu and set up a blocking position on the northwest corner of the target house in "The Assault"?
(a) Chalk Three's.
(b) Chalk One's.
(c) Chalk Four's.
(d) Chalk Two's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who announced his intention to take the wounded back to the base rather than going to the first crash site in "Black Hawk Down"?
2. How many of the men in the convoy in "Black Hawk Down" were injured during the disastrous tour through the city in their attempt to find the first crash site?
3. What obstacle did the Humvee convoy face in obtaining directions, causing the convoy to turn down the wrong roads in "Black Hawk Down"?
4. What are the United States Navy's Sea, Air and Land Teams commonly known as?
5. At the time Super Six One was being shot down, the D-boys were waiting for a signal from the Humvee convoy alerting them that it was time to do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the plan for the rangers and Delta operators in the beginning of "The Assault"?
2. What took place when the Humvee convoy stopped to recover the injured in "Black Hawk Down"? Who was hit?
3. How was one of the Humvee drivers temporarily blinded in "Black Hawk Down"? How did the crew respond?
4. Where did the crew of Super Six Seven descend in "The Assault"? Why?
5. What had the soldiers believed about the resistance of the Black Hawk helicopters? How was this disproved in "Black Hawk Down"?
6. Who from Super Six Seven was injured upon the crew's descent? How?
7. Who led the Delta operators through the target house in "The Assault"? What did they discover?
8. What did the leaders at base observe after the crash of Super Six One?
9. What led to the Humvee convoy finally changing their destination to base in "Black Hawk Down"?
10. Why did the simple mission turn into a nightmare for the U.S. Military in "Black Hawk Down"? How many American soldiers were injured?
This section contains 1,075 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)