|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Staff Sergeant Matt Eversmann leave behind to make room for more ammunition in "The Assault"?
(a) His NODs anf helmet.
(b) His canteen and NODs.
(c) His rifle and canteen.
(d) His helmet and rifle.
2. How many chalks under the command of Captain Steele would go into Mogadishu on October 3, in "The Assault"?
3. Who announced his intention to take the wounded back to the base rather than going to the first crash site in "Black Hawk Down"?
(a) Lieutenant Colonel Dave McKnight.
(b) Chief Warrant Officer Ray Frank.
(c) Sergeant First Class Paul Howe.
(d) Sergeant First Class Randy Rymes.
4. Who was killed upon impact in the crash of Super Six One?
(a) Both pilots.
(b) One of the pilots.
(c) Ten Somalians.
(d) Two Somalians.
5. Less than two hours into the battle, the crippled Humvee convoy approached what location, preparing for another ambush as they made their way to the base in "Black Hawk Down"?
(a) B-4 oval.
(b) K-9 square.
(c) GR-8 triangle.
(d) K-4 circle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the pilot of the Super Six Four?
2. At the time Super Six One was being shot down, the D-boys were waiting for a signal from the Humvee convoy alerting them that it was time to do what?
3. What refers to a group of people, as a clique, set, society, or party, especially as united by some common trait, characteristic, or interest?
4. In military terminology, what is a specific aircraft load, especially a group of airborne soldiers which deploy from a single aircraft?
5. What was a group of Sharia Courts who united themselves to form a rival administration to the Transitional Federal Government of Somalia?
Short Essay Questions
1. What miscommunication took place between the Delta operators and the Humvee convoy in "Black Hawk Down"?
2. What was the purpose of the mission in "The Assault"? What did the men overlook in beginning the mission?
3. What did Staff Sergeant Matt Eversmann leave behind as he set out for his mission in "The Assault"? Why?
4. How was Sergeant Scott Galentine injured in "The Assault"? Who among his unit was also injured around the same time?
5. What is a CSAR and why were they unable to assist the soldiers in Super Six One?
6. Why did Super Six Four crash? Who was its pilot?
7. Why did Sergeant Jeff Struecker hesitate in reporting the first casualty in "The Assault"?
8. What had the soldiers believed about the resistance of the Black Hawk helicopters? How was this disproved in "Black Hawk Down"?
9. What did the leaders at base observe after the crash of Super Six One?
10. Why were the soldiers awaiting orders in the opening of "The Assault" unsure if their mission would actually take place?
This section contains 1,065 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)