|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does RPG stand for?
(a) Rocket propelled grenade.
(b) Rebel patriot group.
(c) Rebel police guard.
(d) Rapid people gatherer.
2. Who led a team into the target home and assisted in the arrests of the leaders in Aidid's gang in "The Assault"?
(a) CWO Donovan Briley.
(b) Sergeant First Class Paul Howe.
(c) Corporal Jim Cavaco.
(d) Sergeant Ed Yurek.
3. Despite the large number of casualties and the heavy fire, the Humvee convoy was ordered to do what in "Black Hawk Down"?
(a) Continue to the first crash site.
(b) Return to base.
(c) Not return fire.
(d) Stand their ground.
4. What happened to the bodies of the crew of the Black Hawk helicopter shot down a week before October 3?
(a) They got dehydrated by the sun.
(b) The skin was peeled off by sandstorms.
(c) They were consumed by animals.
(d) They were mutilated by Somalis.
5. Where was Super Six Four hit by an RPG in "Black Hawk Down"?
(a) The main rotor.
(b) The left side.
(c) The tail.
(d) The right side.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Black Hawk Down," who was picked up a few blocks from the target building by the Humvees and joined the convoy to the crash site?
2. What crew member of Super Six One had a gunshot to the abdomen and there was little anyone could do for him?
3. Staff Sergeant Matt Eversmann's previous leader was sent home and the man's replacement was taken out of commission by what in "The Assault"?
4. Who was shot in the back when the Humvee convoy stopped to recover the injured in "Black Hawk Down"?
5. What is the Battle of Mogadishu referred to often as in popular culture?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Super Six Four crash? Who was its pilot?
2. Who led the Delta operators through the target house in "The Assault"? What did they discover?
3. Why did the simple mission turn into a nightmare for the U.S. Military in "Black Hawk Down"? How many American soldiers were injured?
4. What led to the Humvee convoy finally changing their destination to base in "Black Hawk Down"?
5. What miscommunication took place between the Delta operators and the Humvee convoy in "Black Hawk Down"?
6. What led to the crash of Super Six One in "Black Hawk Down"?
7. Where did the crew of Super Six Seven descend in "The Assault"? Why?
8. What problems did Sergeant Jeff Struecker encounter in his mission in "The Assault"?
9. What was the plan for the rangers and Delta operators in the beginning of "The Assault"?
10. What did Staff Sergeant Matt Eversmann leave behind as he set out for his mission in "The Assault"? Why?
This section contains 1,043 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)