|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far had Private First Class Todd Blackburn fallen from the helicopter in "The Assault"?
(a) 475 feet.
(b) 70 feet.
(c) 30 feet.
(d) 150 feet.
2. What is a military vehicle that combines the features of a jeep with those of a light truck?
3. What do the Somalis refer to the Battle of Mogadishu as?
(a) The Day of the Rangers.
(b) Yankee Week.
(c) The American Infiltration.
(d) Soldier Saturday.
4. In "Black Hawk Down," who was picked up a few blocks from the target building by the Humvees and joined the convoy to the crash site?
(a) Chalk Two.
(b) Chalk Three.
(c) Chalk One.
(d) Chalk Four.
5. What gunner was hit in the back of the head and killed instantly when the Humvee convoy stopped to recover the injured in "Black Hawk Down"?
(a) First Lieutenant Larry Perino.
(b) Private Adalberto Rodriguez.
(c) Sergeant Lorenzo Ruiz.
(d) Corporal Jim Cavaco.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the Humvee convoy awaiting a signal from when Super Six One was shot down?
2. Sergeant Jeff Struecker got lost on the way to what location, where his men were to wait to collect the captured prisoners and transport them back to the base in "The Assault"?
3. In what helicopter did Staff Sergeant Matt Eversmann fly into Mogadishu on October 3 in "The Assault"?
4. What refers to a specially trained group of soldiers who must attend a special school focusing on both extreme physical and tactical training?
5. What crew member of Super Six One had a gunshot to the abdomen and there was little anyone could do for him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a CSAR and why were they unable to assist the soldiers in Super Six One?
2. Why were the soldiers awaiting orders in the opening of "The Assault" unsure if their mission would actually take place?
3. Who from Super Six Seven was injured upon the crew's descent? How?
4. What had the soldiers believed about the resistance of the Black Hawk helicopters? How was this disproved in "Black Hawk Down"?
5. What led to the crash of Super Six One in "Black Hawk Down"?
6. What was the plan for the rangers and Delta operators in the beginning of "The Assault"?
7. What led to the Humvee convoy finally changing their destination to base in "Black Hawk Down"?
8. Why did Sergeant Jeff Struecker hesitate in reporting the first casualty in "The Assault"?
9. Why did Super Six Four crash? Who was its pilot?
10. Where did the crew of Super Six Seven descend in "The Assault"? Why?
This section contains 1,037 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)