|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were burning in the street when the first of the helicopters began to converge on the skies above the cities in "The Assault"?
(a) Drums of oil.
2. What is the Battle of Mogadishu referred to often as in popular culture?
(a) Black Hawk Down.
(b) Battle of the Bloody.
(c) Conflict of the Damned.
(d) The Knob Hill Conflict.
3. Super Six One was piloted by whom?
(a) Specialist John Stebbins.
(b) Lieutenant Larry Perino.
(c) Corporal Jamie Smith.
(d) CWO Cliff 'Elvis' Wolcott.
4. In "Black Hawk Down," who was picked up a few blocks from the target building by the Humvees and joined the convoy to the crash site?
(a) Chalk Two.
(b) Chalk Four.
(c) Chalk One.
(d) Chalk Three.
5. Who announced his intention to take the wounded back to the base rather than going to the first crash site in "Black Hawk Down"?
(a) Chief Warrant Officer Ray Frank.
(b) Lieutenant Colonel Dave McKnight.
(c) Sergeant First Class Randy Rymes.
(d) Sergeant First Class Paul Howe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What refers to a canceled or postponed space flight, launching, scheduled part of a space mission, etc.?
2. Who was a warlord of the Haber Gidr clan in Mogadishu who took it upon himself to steal food sent to his country as aid to help those suffering from years of civil war and kept it from the people in an attempt to control them?
3. What refers to a specially trained group of soldiers who must attend a special school focusing on both extreme physical and tactical training?
4. What does RPG stand for?
5. What group's orders were to rope down into Mogadishu and set up a blocking position on the northwest corner of the target house in "The Assault"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Sergeant Scott Galentine injured in "The Assault"? Who among his unit was also injured around the same time?
2. Why did the simple mission turn into a nightmare for the U.S. Military in "Black Hawk Down"? How many American soldiers were injured?
3. What miscommunication took place between the Delta operators and the Humvee convoy in "Black Hawk Down"?
4. What was the purpose of the mission in "The Assault"? What did the men overlook in beginning the mission?
5. What took place when the Humvee convoy stopped to recover the injured in "Black Hawk Down"? Who was hit?
6. What is a CSAR and why were they unable to assist the soldiers in Super Six One?
7. What miscommunication took place as the Humvee convoy continued to the first crash site in "Black Hawk Down"?
8. What led to the crash of Super Six One in "Black Hawk Down"?
9. Why did Sergeant Jeff Struecker hesitate in reporting the first casualty in "The Assault"?
10. Who from Super Six Seven was injured upon the crew's descent? How?
This section contains 1,064 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)