|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What refers to one of the United States' secretive Tier One counter-terrorism and Special Mission Units, also known as Delta Force?
(a) 7th Special Forces Operational Detachment-Delta.
(b) 1st Special Forces Operational Detachment-Delta.
(c) 17th Special Forces Operational Detachment-Delta.
(d) 22nd Special Forces Operational Detachment-Delta.
2. Captain Mike Steele and his team, as well as the D-boys leader, were instructed to move closer together for what reason in "The Alamo"?
(a) To concentrate their firepower.
(b) To better protect each other.
(c) To be less visible.
(d) To make rescue efforts easier.
3. What is a special operations unit of the United States Army that provides helicopter aviation support and are also known as Night Stalkers?
(a) The 240th Special Operations Aviation Regiment.
(b) The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment.
(c) The 18th Special Operations Aviation Regiment.
(d) The 36th Special Operations Aviation Regiment.
4. What Somali militia leader thought that if he kept the pilot of Super Six Four alive he might be used in an exchange for Somali prisoners in "Overrun"?
5. On what date was Task Force Ranger deployed to Somalia under the command of Major General William F. Garrison?
(a) November 19, 1991.
(b) July 4, 1990.
(c) September 1, 1992.
(d) August 22, 1993.
6. As the convoy wandered lost around Mogadishu, a CSAR Black Hawk dropped Technical Sergeant Tim Wilkinson and what other medic in "Overrun"?
(a) Captain Mike Steele.
(b) Sergeant Timothy A. Wilkinson.
(c) Master Sergeant Scott Fales.
(d) Lieutenant Colonel Dave McKnight.
7. What, also known as depredation, is a military tactic or operational warfare mission which has a specific purpose and is not normally intended to capture and hold terrain, but instead finish with the force quickly retreating to a previous defended position?
(b) Smash and grab.
8. What aircraft delivered fresh water and IV fluids to the first crash site, leaving the men to settle in for the long night ahead of them in "The Alamo"?
(a) Super Six Four.
(b) Super Six Six.
(c) Super Six Five.
(d) Super Six Three.
9. What did the UH-60A Black Hawk replace as the Army's tactical transport helicopter?
(a) The AH-64A Apache.
(b) The OH-58D Kiowa Warrior.
(c) The CH-47 Chinook.
(d) The Bell UH-1 Iroquois.
10. What is a military discipline that exploits a number of information collection and analysis approaches to provide guidance and direction to commanders in support of their decisions?
(a) Communications Spy.
(c) Military Intelligence.
11. What medic ran toward the Super Six One and was shot in the ankle in "Overrun"?
(a) Specalist Dale Sizemore.
(b) Sergeant First Class Paul Howe.
(c) Master Sergeant Scott Fales.
(d) Sergeant Lorenzo Ruiz.
12. What munitions expert was forced to place the body of Alphabet in a bunker of sorts and disarm the weapon lodged in his body in "The Alamo"?
(a) CWO Cliff 'Elvis' Wolcott.
(b) Corporal Jim Cavaco.
(c) Sergeant First Class Randy Rymes.
(d) Staff Sergeant Daniel Busch.
13. What is a term of art used by armed forces to denote infantry weapons an individual soldier may carry?
(a) Small arms.
(b) Elementary firearm.
(c) Light firearm.
(d) Personal weaponry.
14. On what date did one of the deadliest attacks on U.N. forces in Somalia occur, in which 24 Pakistani soldiers in the U.N. force were killed in an ambush?
(a) March 14, 1994.
(b) July 7, 1991.
(c) June 5, 1993.
(d) July 25, 1992.
15. Night vision devices were first used in what war?
(b) World War II.
(c) Desert Storm.
(d) World War I.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the UH-60A Black Hawk enter service with the Army?
2. What is a series of light helicopter gunships based on the MH-6 Little Bird and MD 500 family?
3. What is the motto of the Night Stalkers?
4. Who among Captain Mike Steele's men was hit while radioing for air support in "Overrun"?
5. Who stripped Specialist John Stebbins' pants from the burns, and handed him a gun after feeding him pain pills in "The Alamo"?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)