|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the Delta operators were searching the target house in "The Assault," bullets come flying from a corner that was what?
(a) Heavily fortified.
(b) Saturated with enemies.
(c) Being covered by the Rangers.
(d) Dimly lit.
2. What were burning in the street when the first of the helicopters began to converge on the skies above the cities in "The Assault"?
(c) Drums of oil.
3. Which of Staff Sergeant Matt Eversmann's men was shot in the shoulder in "The Assault"?
(a) Corporal Jamie Smith.
(b) Sergeant First Class Randy Rymes.
(c) Master Sergeant Gary Gordon.
(d) Private Anton Berendsen.
4. What are the United States Navy's Sea, Air and Land Teams commonly known as?
5. What refers to a specially trained group of soldiers who must attend a special school focusing on both extreme physical and tactical training?
(a) Army Rangers.
(c) Military Police.
(d) Army Generals.
6. In "Black Hawk Down," who was picked up a few blocks from the target building by the Humvees and joined the convoy to the crash site?
(a) Chalk One.
(b) Chalk Three.
(c) Chalk Two.
(d) Chalk Four.
7. Staff Sergeant Matt Eversmann's previous leader was sent home and the man's replacement was taken out of commission by what in "The Assault"?
(a) A broken leg.
(b) A heart attack.
(c) A seizure.
(d) An aneurysm.
8. What do the Somalis refer to the Battle of Mogadishu as?
(a) The American Infiltration.
(b) Yankee Week.
(c) The Day of the Rangers.
(d) Soldier Saturday.
9. Why was it of great concern to get as many men around the downed aircraft to protect it and the survivors for the American government?
(a) It was very expensive.
(b) An Army General was on board.
(c) They did not want the technology and equipment to get into the wrong hands.
(d) There were sensitive documents on board.
10. What is a small container used especially by soldiers and hikers for carrying water or other liquids?
11. How many of his men did Staff Sergeant Matt Eversmann send with Blackburn after his injury in "The Assault"?
12. Who was the Humvee convoy awaiting a signal from when Super Six One was shot down?
(a) The T-men.
(b) The dirty boys.
(c) The red boys.
(d) The D-boys.
13. What refers to a specially trained team designed to go into a battlefield and rescue injured soldiers?
14. What obstacle did the Humvee convoy face in obtaining directions, causing the convoy to turn down the wrong roads in "Black Hawk Down"?
(a) Certain roads were blockaded.
(b) Directions from the observation aircraft were delayed.
(c) Their radios lost communication.
(d) Their maps were outdated.
15. Where did the Super Six Four go down in "Black Hawk Down"?
(a) North of the Olympic Hotel.
(b) South of the Olympic Hotel.
(c) East of the Olympic Hotel.
(d) West of the Olympic Hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What refers to a confused hand-to-hand fight or struggle among several people?
2. The Americans had assumed that what shot from the ground could never bring down a helicopter as large and powerful as a Black Hawk?
3. What refers to a canceled or postponed space flight, launching, scheduled part of a space mission, etc.?
4. How many men were with the Humvee convoy in "Black Hawk Down"?
5. Who was a warlord of the Haber Gidr clan in Mogadishu who took it upon himself to steal food sent to his country as aid to help those suffering from years of civil war and kept it from the people in an attempt to control them?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)