|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In military terminology, what is a specific aircraft load, especially a group of airborne soldiers which deploy from a single aircraft?
2. Who led a team into the target home and assisted in the arrests of the leaders in Aidid's gang in "The Assault"?
(a) Corporal Jim Cavaco.
(b) Sergeant Ed Yurek.
(c) Sergeant First Class Paul Howe.
(d) CWO Donovan Briley.
3. What crew member of Super Six One had a gunshot to the abdomen and there was little anyone could do for him?
(a) Sergeant Ed Yurek.
(b) Staff Sergeant Daniel Busch.
(c) Technical Sergeant Tim Wilkinson.
(d) Private Richard Kowalewski.
4. Who was a warlord of the Haber Gidr clan in Mogadishu who took it upon himself to steal food sent to his country as aid to help those suffering from years of civil war and kept it from the people in an attempt to control them?
(a) Mohamed Farrah Aidid.
(b) Abdullahi Farrah Hassan.
(c) Abdiaziz Ali Aden.
(d) Abdullahi "Firimbi" Hassan.
5. In what helicopter did Staff Sergeant Matt Eversmann fly into Mogadishu on October 3 in "The Assault"?
(a) Super Six Seven.
(b) Super Six Five.
(c) Super Six Three.
(d) Super Six One.
6. Sergeant Jeff Struecker got lost on the way to what location, where his men were to wait to collect the captured prisoners and transport them back to the base in "The Assault"?
(a) The U.S. Embassy.
(b) The mosque.
(c) The Olympic Hotel.
(d) The warlord's house.
7. How many chalks under the command of Captain Steele would go into Mogadishu on October 3, in "The Assault"?
8. When did Bill Clinton take office as U.S. President?
9. Sergeant Tim 'Griz' Martin and Private Adalberto Rodriguez were injured when a grenade hit which Humvee in the column as the convey continued to make its way to the first crash site in "Black Hawk Down"?
(a) The first.
(b) The third.
(c) The fourth.
(d) The second.
10. Alphabet was hit by an unexploded RPG which lodged itself where in "Black Hawk Down"?
(a) His leg.
(b) A humvee.
(c) The ground.
(d) His chest.
11. Who was run over when the disoriented Humvee driver did not see his body where it had been blown into the street in "Black Hawk Down"?
(a) Captain Mike Steele.
(b) Private Adalberto Rodriguez.
(c) Sergeant Scott Galentine.
(d) Corporal Jim Cavaco.
12. What group's orders were to rope down into Mogadishu and set up a blocking position on the northwest corner of the target house in "The Assault"?
(a) Chalk Three's.
(b) Chalk One's.
(c) Chalk Four's.
(d) Chalk Two's.
13. Why was "Alphabet" given that nickname by his peers?
(a) His last name was too hard to pronounce.
(b) He was extremely smart.
(c) He only attended school through fifth grade.
(d) His full name contained one of every letter.
14. Who was the co-pilot of Super Six One?
(a) Specalist Dale Sizemore.
(b) Major Rob Marsh.
(c) CWO Donovan Briley.
(d) Sergeant Lorenzo Ruiz.
15. Who was killed upon impact in the crash of Super Six One?
(a) Ten Somalians.
(b) Both pilots.
(c) Two Somalians.
(d) One of the pilots.
Short Answer Questions
1. The directions sent to the Humvee convoy directly from the Black Hawks above them were sending them to what in "Black Hawk Down"?
2. What was a group of Sharia Courts who united themselves to form a rival administration to the Transitional Federal Government of Somalia?
3. Super Six One was piloted by whom?
4. What does NOD stand for?
5. How far had Private First Class Todd Blackburn fallen from the helicopter in "The Assault"?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)