|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a group of elite Army Rangers trained to work independently in dangerous, often highly secretive missions?
(a) Chevron Division.
(b) Pinnacle Battalion.
(c) Delta Force.
(d) Apex Unit.
2. What evaporated on the Super Six Four, causing the helicopter to lean forward in "Black Hawk Down"?
(a) The underside.
(b) The tail rotor.
(c) The windshield.
(d) The engine.
3. What is the Battle of Mogadishu referred to often as in popular culture?
(a) Conflict of the Damned.
(b) The Knob Hill Conflict.
(c) Battle of the Bloody.
(d) Black Hawk Down.
4. Despite the large number of casualties and the heavy fire, the Humvee convoy was ordered to do what in "Black Hawk Down"?
(a) Continue to the first crash site.
(b) Stand their ground.
(c) Return to base.
(d) Not return fire.
5. What does NOD stand for?
(a) Navy Oil Drum.
(b) Night Observation Device.
(c) Normals On Deployment.
(d) Navy Of Doom.
6. What do the Somalis refer to the Battle of Mogadishu as?
(a) The American Infiltration.
(b) The Day of the Rangers.
(c) Soldier Saturday.
(d) Yankee Week.
7. Who was shot in the back when the Humvee convoy stopped to recover the injured in "Black Hawk Down"?
(a) Sergeant Joyce.
(b) Private Anton Berendsen.
(c) Master Sergeant Gary Gordon.
(d) Sergeant Scott Galentine.
8. What refers to a body of citizens enrolled for military service, and called out periodically for drill but serving full time only in emergencies?
(a) Coast Guard.
9. What smaller helicopter landed near the crash site of Super Six One in "Black Hawk Down"?
(a) Gold Finch.
(d) Little Bird.
10. Which of Staff Sergeant Matt Eversmann's men was shot in the shoulder in "The Assault"?
(a) Private Anton Berendsen.
(b) Sergeant First Class Randy Rymes.
(c) Master Sergeant Gary Gordon.
(d) Corporal Jamie Smith.
11. A week before the mission that brought Rangers, Delta operators, and SEALs into Mogadishu on October 3, a Black Hawk helicopter was shot down over Mogadishu by what?
(a) An elephant gun.
(b) An RPG.
(c) An AK-47.
(d) A .50 caliber pistol.
12. How many of his men did Staff Sergeant Matt Eversmann send with Blackburn after his injury in "The Assault"?
13. How many chalks under the command of Captain Steele would go into Mogadishu on October 3, in "The Assault"?
14. Instead of taking the prisoners directly to the American base, the Humvees were ordered to do what in "Black Hawk Down"?
(a) Go to the crash site and pick up any survivors.
(b) Attack the enemy compound.
(c) Seek cover.
(d) Return to base.
15. What obstacle did the Humvee convoy face in obtaining directions, causing the convoy to turn down the wrong roads in "Black Hawk Down"?
(a) Their maps were outdated.
(b) Their radios lost communication.
(c) Directions from the observation aircraft were delayed.
(d) Certain roads were blockaded.
Short Answer Questions
1. What group's orders were to rope down into Mogadishu and set up a blocking position on the northwest corner of the target house in "The Assault"?
2. What did Staff Sergeant Matt Eversmann leave behind to make room for more ammunition in "The Assault"?
3. Where was one of Sergeant Jeff Struecker's men shot as the men made their way through the streets in "The Assault"?
4. What refers to a group of people, as a clique, set, society, or party, especially as united by some common trait, characteristic, or interest?
5. What refers to a canceled or postponed space flight, launching, scheduled part of a space mission, etc.?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)