|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Alamo.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What unit had already been at the site where the CSAR medics were dropped and set up a perimeter, killing multiple Somalis to protect the crash site in "Overrun"?
(a) Chalk One.
(b) Chalk Four.
(c) Chalk Two.
(d) Chalk Three.
2. The Americans had assumed that what shot from the ground could never bring down a helicopter as large and powerful as a Black Hawk?
3. What is electromagnetic radiation with a wavelength shorter than that of visible light, but longer than X-rays?
(a) Gamma rays.
(b) Infrared light.
(c) Ultraviolet light.
4. In the context of military special operations, what consists of: "Short-duration strikes and other small-scale offensive actions conducted as a special operation in hostile, denied, or politically sensitive environments and which employ specialized military capabilities to seize, destroy, capture, exploit, recover, or damage designated targets"?
(a) Indirect action.
(b) Hostile action.
(c) Direct action.
(d) Non-hostile action.
5. The directions sent to the Humvee convoy directly from the Black Hawks above them were sending them to what in "Black Hawk Down"?
(a) The base.
(b) The Embassy.
(c) The wrong crash site.
(d) The enemy stronghold.
Short Answer Questions
1. One driver in the Humvee convoy was shot in the back of the head and although the helmet saved his life, the hit caused him to what?
2. What is a special operations unit of the United States Army that provides helicopter aviation support and are also known as Night Stalkers?
3. What did the UH-60A Black Hawk replace as the Army's tactical transport helicopter?
4. Captain Mike Steele and his team, as well as the D-boys leader, were instructed to move closer together for what reason in "The Alamo"?
5. When did President George H.W. Bush order the U.S. Armed Forces to join the U.N. in a joint operation known as Operation Restore Hope, with the primary mission of restoring order in Somalia?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)