|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Thompson say Hudson left the army?
2. What city does Carroll go to at 9 a.m. the following day?
3. Who does President Kearney meet with in Washington?
4. What does the doctor say Hudson is learning to control himself under the influence of?
5. What do Carroll and Caitlin use to find suspects?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sammantha tell Carroll about David Hudson in this section?
2. How does Birnbaum plan to try and save the economy?
3. How do the men capture Harry Stemkowsky?
4. What new information do Nicolo and Rizzo give at the meeting?
5. How does Hudson kill Billie Bogan?
6. What do 3,000 veterans find in their mail boxes?
7. What truth does Carrol learn in this section?
8. What does Carroll decide to do about his developing relationship with Caitlin?
9. What new information does Samantha find out about the committee of twelve?
10. What does Williamson tell Carroll about Hudon in this chapter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Patterson's representation of Vietnam Veterans. Why did the Vietnam Veterans feel hard done by after the Vietnam War? How did the veterans react to the governments lack of support in real life? What is Patterson's opinion of the way the veterans were treated and how does he express i
Essay Topic 2
Black Friday is part of the thriller genre and Patterson is a noted thriller writer.
1) What are the conventions of the genre in terms of character, language and plot?
2) In what way have Patterson's novels helped to set the template for similar novels? Do modern novels still use the ideas employed in Black Friday?
Essay Topic 3
What problems would a stock market crash cause the world economy and why? Are there any countries that would benefit from a stock market crash? How does the stock market try to safe guard against stock market crashes?
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)