|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only thing left in the garage when Carroll arrives?
2. What do Carroll and Caitlin use to find suspects?
3. What city does Carroll go to at 9 a.m. the following day?
4. What does Carroll decide to raid?
5. Who are the letters sent to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does David remember about the Lizard Man in this section?
2. What does Carroll decide to do about his developing relationship with Caitlin?
3. What happens to Carroll's son Mickey in this section?
4. How do the men capture Harry Stemkowsky?
5. What truth does Carrol learn in this section?
6. What does Sammantha tell Carroll about David Hudson in this section?
7. What does Trentkamp tell Hudson his goal is?
8. Describe the chase between the two officers and Green Band
9. What does Vice President Elliott consider as he walks by himself?
10. Describe the meeting between Carroll and Thompson.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Patterson's writing style. How would you describe Patterson's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? Does he use any specific writing techniques? What meaning does Patterson's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 2
Examine violence in the novel.
1) How do the characters in the novel view violence? Are there are character that would think twice before shooting or hitting someone?
2) Do the characters need to be violent to cope in the world that Patterson portrays?
3) In what way is violence an important of the book and the meaning it attempts to convey?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Patterson's life. In what way do you think his life and personality is reflected in the book? Where could he have learned about the terrorism and the stock market? In what ways is he like or unlike the main character?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)