|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Monserrat do to Harry after he gives him some information?
2. What is each stock certificate encircled with?
3. How do Rizzo and Nicolo say each bomb was detonated?
4. Who does Carroll overhear arguing?
5. Who does Samantha say approached Hudson in Vietnam?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Birnbaum plan to try and save the economy?
2. What does Carroll decide to do about his developing relationship with Caitlin?
3. How does Hudson kill Billie Bogan?
4. What does Williamson tell Carroll about Hudon in this chapter?
5. How do Carroll and his family try to escape?
6. What happens to Hudson at the end of the novel?
7. Describe the chase between the two officers and Green Band
8. What does Trentkamp tell Hudson his goal is?
9. What new information do Nicolo and Rizzo give at the meeting?
10. Describe the chase between Carroll and Green Band.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and examine how it affects the tone of the novel and helps to express character and theme.
2) Point of view
Essay Topic 2
Look at the structure of the novel:
1) How does Patterson use character and dialogue to drive the narrative.
2) Discuss elements of the narrative structure; Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the novel's themes?
3) Away from the main character examine the way Fleming uses the other characters in the story. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 3
Black Friday is part of the thriller genre and Patterson is a noted thriller writer.
1) What are the conventions of the genre in terms of character, language and plot?
2) In what way have Patterson's novels helped to set the template for similar novels? Do modern novels still use the ideas employed in Black Friday?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)