|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williamson say Hudson was outspoken about?
2. Who does Nicolo and Rizzo work for?
3. What kind of accommodation is Hudson staying in?
4. What does Hudson take from one of the guards?
5. Who does Carroll want his children to meet?
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does Patterson use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 2
Examine violence in the novel.
1) How do the characters in the novel view violence? Are there are character that would think twice before shooting or hitting someone?
2) Do the characters need to be violent to cope in the world that Patterson portrays?
3) In what way is violence an important of the book and the meaning it attempts to convey?
Essay Topic 3
Pick a character from the novel and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
This section contains 980 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)