|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leads the meeting Caitlin attends?
2. How does Williamson know Hudson?
3. Whose name will Harry not give up?
4. What does a man push into Harry's face?
5. What kind of accommodation is Hudson staying in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What truth does Carrol learn in this section?
2. Describe the chase between Carroll and Green Band.
3. What does Anton think about the committee of twelve?
4. What happens to Carroll's son Mickey in this section?
5. What does David remember about the Lizard Man in this section?
6. How does Harry react to Manserrat's questioning?
7. What does Vice President Elliott consider as he walks by himself?
8. What new information does Samantha find out about the committee of twelve?
9. What do 3,000 veterans find in their mail boxes?
10. What does Carroll discover at the vet's garage?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How has Patterson developed the story? How has Patterson tried to keep the reader interested in the story? How has Patterson combined the elements in the story such as dialogue and character to develop the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1) What were the main concerns during the 1980s. How does Patterson express these concerns?
2) In what ways do you think the novels meaning would change if it was set in today's society?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the novel's dialogue. Discuss how Patterson's dialogue contributes to the following areas:
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)