|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lucas Thompson's rank?
2. Who does Hudson say prompted the game he had to play?
3. What does Carroll chase the vets in?
4. Where do the vets hit Carroll?
5. What does Carroll say he knows the truth about?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the men capture Harry Stemkowsky?
2. What does Williamson tell Carroll about Hudon in this chapter?
3. Describe the chase between Carroll and Green Band.
4. What does Carroll decide to do about his developing relationship with Caitlin?
5. What truth does Carrol learn in this section?
6. How do Carroll and his family try to escape?
7. How do Caitlin and Carroll search for the men involved in Green Band?
8. What does David remember about the Lizard Man in this section?
9. What do 3,000 veterans find in their mail boxes?
10. Describe the meeting between Carroll and Thompson.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the novel's dialogue. Discuss how Patterson's dialogue contributes to the following areas:
Essay Topic 2
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does Patterson use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 3
How has Patterson developed the story? How has Patterson tried to keep the reader interested in the story? How has Patterson combined the elements in the story such as dialogue and character to develop the plot?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)