|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which building does the message say terrorists will bomb next?
2. Where do the vets hit Carroll?
3. Where is Mickey Kevin coming home from?
4. What does Anton predict?
5. What is the second section of the book called?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Carroll's son Mickey in this section?
2. What does Vice President Elliott consider as he walks by himself?
3. How is the economic climate changing by the end of the section?
4. What new information does Samantha find out about the committee of twelve?
5. How do Caitlin and Carroll search for the men involved in Green Band?
6. How do Carroll and his family try to escape?
7. Describe the chase between Carroll and Green Band.
8. How does Hudson kill Billie Bogan?
9. Describe the chase between the two officers and Green Band
10. What does Sammantha tell Carroll about David Hudson in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and examine their real life equivalent and how Patterson to fit in with the ideas of Balck Friday.
1) The CIA.
2) The stock market
3) The Vietnam Veterans
Essay Topic 2
What is the black market? How is the black market and the people that work in the black market represented in the media? What affect does the black market have on the economy?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1) What were the main concerns during the 1980s. How does Patterson express these concerns?
2) In what ways do you think the novels meaning would change if it was set in today's society?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)