|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Williamson know Hudson?
2. What is each stock certificate encircled with?
3. What do Carroll and Caitlin use to find suspects?
4. What does Hudson take from one of the guards?
5. Where does Carroll wake up?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the economic climate changing by the end of the section?
2. What does Anton think about the committee of twelve?
3. What new information do Nicolo and Rizzo give at the meeting?
4. How do Carroll and his family try to escape?
5. What happens to Carroll's son Mickey in this section?
6. How do Caitlin and Carroll search for the men involved in Green Band?
7. What do 3,000 veterans find in their mail boxes?
8. What does David remember about the Lizard Man in this section?
9. How does Hudson kill Billie Bogan?
10. What does Carroll decide to do about his developing relationship with Caitlin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Patterson's life. In what way do you think his life and personality is reflected in the book? Where could he have learned about the terrorism and the stock market? In what ways is he like or unlike the main character?
Essay Topic 2
Patterson writes Black Friday in the third person. Why do you think Patterson chose to write the story in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the story would of changed if Patterson wrote it in the first person? Why is writing in the third person typical of this kind of novel?
Essay Topic 3
How has Patterson developed the story? How has Patterson tried to keep the reader interested in the story? How has Patterson combined the elements in the story such as dialogue and character to develop the plot?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)