|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leads the meeting Caitlin attends?
2. Who does Anton think is involved in Green Band?
3. What shoots down Carroll's helicopter?
4. Who leaves New York City at peace with himself?
5. Who does the cooking pot belong to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Hudson at the end of the novel?
2. What do 3,000 veterans find in their mail boxes?
3. What truth does Carrol learn in this section?
4. What does Trentkamp tell Hudson his goal is?
5. How does Harry react to Manserrat's questioning?
6. What does Vice President Elliott consider as he walks by himself?
7. Describe the chase between the two officers and Green Band
8. Describe the chase between Carroll and Green Band.
9. How is the economic climate changing by the end of the section?
10. How do Caitlin and Carroll search for the men involved in Green Band?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1) What were the main concerns during the 1980s. How does Patterson express these concerns?
2) In what ways do you think the novels meaning would change if it was set in today's society?
Essay Topic 2
Patterson writes Black Friday in the third person. Why do you think Patterson chose to write the story in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the story would of changed if Patterson wrote it in the first person? Why is writing in the third person typical of this kind of novel?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does Patterson use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)