|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of company is Clyde Miller the CEO of?
2. What is the second section of the book called?
3. What do Carroll and the police pretend to be picking up when they arrive at Fort Monmouth?
4. What company does Clyde Miller say he will purchase?
5. Who does President Kearney meet with in Washington?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Carroll decide to do about his developing relationship with Caitlin?
2. Describe the chase between the two officers and Green Band
3. What happens to Carroll's son Mickey in this section?
4. What new information does Samantha find out about the committee of twelve?
5. How is the economic climate changing by the end of the section?
6. How does Hudson kill Billie Bogan?
7. What does Sammantha tell Carroll about David Hudson in this section?
8. How does Harry react to Manserrat's questioning?
9. How do Carroll and his family try to escape?
10. What does David remember about the Lizard Man in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and examine how it affects the tone of the novel and helps to express character and theme.
2) Point of view
Essay Topic 2
Examine the novel's dialogue. Discuss how Patterson's dialogue contributes to the following areas:
Essay Topic 3
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1) What were the main concerns during the 1980s. How does Patterson express these concerns?
2) In what ways do you think the novels meaning would change if it was set in today's society?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)