|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lucas Thompson's rank?
2. What does Williamson say Hudson was outspoken about?
3. What does a man push into Harry's face?
4. Who does Carroll want his children to meet?
5. What does Carroll accuse Thompson of?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the men capture Harry Stemkowsky?
2. What happens to Hudson at the end of the novel?
3. What does David remember about the Lizard Man in this section?
4. What happens to Carroll's son Mickey in this section?
5. Describe the chase between Carroll and Green Band.
6. How does Harry react to Manserrat's questioning?
7. What new information do Nicolo and Rizzo give at the meeting?
8. How do Caitlin and Carroll search for the men involved in Green Band?
9. What do 3,000 veterans find in their mail boxes?
10. What does Williamson tell Carroll about Hudon in this chapter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does Patterson use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Patterson's life. In what way do you think his life and personality is reflected in the book? Where could he have learned about the terrorism and the stock market? In what ways is he like or unlike the main character?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the novel's dialogue. Discuss how Patterson's dialogue contributes to the following areas:
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)