|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Carroll meet Colonel Williamson?
2. What company does Clyde Miller say he will purchase?
3. What kind of company is Clyde Miller the CEO of?
4. What does Anton predict?
5. What had David Hudson been fast-tracked for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sammantha tell Carroll about David Hudson in this section?
2. What does Trentkamp tell Hudson his goal is?
3. What do 3,000 veterans find in their mail boxes?
4. How is the economic climate changing by the end of the section?
5. Describe the meeting between Carroll and Thompson.
6. What new information do Nicolo and Rizzo give at the meeting?
7. What does Carroll decide to do about his developing relationship with Caitlin?
8. How does Birnbaum plan to try and save the economy?
9. What does Williamson tell Carroll about Hudon in this chapter?
10. Describe the chase between the two officers and Green Band
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How accurate is Patterson's representation of the authority figures in the book? Do you think any of the representations are too stereotypical? Why do so many of the leaders in the book have so few if any weaknesses?
Essay Topic 2
Patterson writes Black Friday in the third person. Why do you think Patterson chose to write the story in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the story would of changed if Patterson wrote it in the first person? Why is writing in the third person typical of this kind of novel?
Essay Topic 3
Pick a character from the novel and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)