|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Trentkamp say he is working for?
2. Who does Caitlin call for information?
3. What kind of company is Clyde Miller the CEO of?
4. What shoots down Carroll's helicopter?
5. Which building does the message say terrorists will bomb next?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Hudson at the end of the novel?
2. What does David remember about the Lizard Man in this section?
3. How does Birnbaum plan to try and save the economy?
4. What does Carroll decide to do about his developing relationship with Caitlin?
5. How do Caitlin and Carroll search for the men involved in Green Band?
6. What does Vice President Elliott consider as he walks by himself?
7. How does Harry react to Manserrat's questioning?
8. Describe the chase between the two officers and Green Band
9. What does Trentkamp tell Hudson his goal is?
10. How is the economic climate changing by the end of the section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How has Patterson developed the story? How has Patterson tried to keep the reader interested in the story? How has Patterson combined the elements in the story such as dialogue and character to develop the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Examine Patterson's representation of Vietnam Veterans. Why did the Vietnam Veterans feel hard done by after the Vietnam War? How did the veterans react to the governments lack of support in real life? What is Patterson's opinion of the way the veterans were treated and how does he express i
Essay Topic 3
Pick a character from the novel and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)