|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What company does Clyde Miller say he will purchase?
2. Who does Carroll think may have suspected Trentkamp's double life?
3. Who does Carroll overhear arguing?
4. Which building does the message say terrorists will bomb next?
5. Who does Hudson kill in this section
Short Essay Questions
1. What do 3,000 veterans find in their mail boxes?
2. What new information do Nicolo and Rizzo give at the meeting?
3. What does Williamson tell Carroll about Hudon in this chapter?
4. How do Caitlin and Carroll search for the men involved in Green Band?
5. What does Carroll discover at the vet's garage?
6. How does Birnbaum plan to try and save the economy?
7. What truth does Carrol learn in this section?
8. How does Hudson kill Billie Bogan?
9. What happens to Carroll's son Mickey in this section?
10. Describe the chase between the two officers and Green Band
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Patterson writes Black Friday in the third person. Why do you think Patterson chose to write the story in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the story would of changed if Patterson wrote it in the first person? Why is writing in the third person typical of this kind of novel?
Essay Topic 2
What is the black market? How is the black market and the people that work in the black market represented in the media? What affect does the black market have on the economy?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Patterson's life. In what way do you think his life and personality is reflected in the book? Where could he have learned about the terrorism and the stock market? In what ways is he like or unlike the main character?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)