|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had David Hudson been fast-tracked for?
2. Who are the letters sent to?
3. What does a man push into Harry's face?
4. What is Ernie Tubbs' nickname?
5. What is each stock certificate encircled with?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the economic climate changing by the end of the section?
2. How does Hudson kill Billie Bogan?
3. What new information does Samantha find out about the committee of twelve?
4. What happens to Hudson at the end of the novel?
5. What does David remember about the Lizard Man in this section?
6. What does Vice President Elliott consider as he walks by himself?
7. What happens to Carroll's son Mickey in this section?
8. How do Carroll and his family try to escape?
9. How does Harry react to Manserrat's questioning?
10. What truth does Carrol learn in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Patterson writes Black Friday in the third person. Why do you think Patterson chose to write the story in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the story would of changed if Patterson wrote it in the first person? Why is writing in the third person typical of this kind of novel?
Essay Topic 2
What problems would a stock market crash cause the world economy and why? Are there any countries that would benefit from a stock market crash? How does the stock market try to safe guard against stock market crashes?
Essay Topic 3
What is the black market? How is the black market and the people that work in the black market represented in the media? What affect does the black market have on the economy?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)