|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billie urge herself not to do?
2. Whose name will Harry not give up?
3. What city does Carroll go to at 9 a.m. the following day?
4. What does a man push into Harry's face?
5. Where is Mickey Kevin coming home from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Carroll decide to do about his developing relationship with Caitlin?
2. What happens to Carroll's son Mickey in this section?
3. What does Carroll discover at the vet's garage?
4. What happens to Hudson at the end of the novel?
5. How do Carroll and his family try to escape?
6. How does Harry react to Manserrat's questioning?
7. Describe the chase between Carroll and Green Band.
8. What does Trentkamp tell Hudson his goal is?
9. How do the men capture Harry Stemkowsky?
10. Describe the chase between the two officers and Green Band
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What problems would a stock market crash cause the world economy and why? Are there any countries that would benefit from a stock market crash? How does the stock market try to safe guard against stock market crashes?
Essay Topic 2
Patterson writes Black Friday in the third person. Why do you think Patterson chose to write the story in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the story would of changed if Patterson wrote it in the first person? Why is writing in the third person typical of this kind of novel?
Essay Topic 3
Pick a character from the novel and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)