|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Francois Monserrat?
2. What does David ask Billie to tell him?
3. What country is Billie from?
4. What happens to the two Iraqi men that Arch Carroll is watching?
5. How did the security guard in the basement die?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Arch Carroll sees the Hussain Moussa in the restaurant?
2. Why does Caitlin and Carroll meet with Freddie Hotchkiss?
3. Why did Caitlin become a financial analyst?
4. What interrupts David's war memories?
5. Describe the meeting between Caitlin and IRA?
6. Why is the President so anxious about what is happening in the stock market?
7. How do the American Intelligence agents get information back to Washington?
8. How does the policeman save Caitlin's life?
9. What do the Russian officials discuss over breakfast?
10. What does Caitlin reveal at the meeting at the New York Stock Exchange building?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Patterson writes Black Friday in the third person. Why do you think Patterson chose to write the story in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the story would of changed if Patterson wrote it in the first person? Why is writing in the third person typical of this kind of novel?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and examine their real life equivalent and how Patterson to fit in with the ideas of Balck Friday.
1) The CIA.
2) The stock market
3) The Vietnam Veterans
Essay Topic 3
What problems would a stock market crash cause the world economy and why? Are there any countries that would benefit from a stock market crash? How does the stock market try to safe guard against stock market crashes?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)