|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the IRA ask Caitlin if she has on her?
2. What causes immediate panic on Wall Street?
3. Who does the President want to turn the investigation over to?
4. What is the name of the Vietnam prison where David Hudson was tortured in 1971?
5. Who was Isabella's lover for two years?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Russian officials discuss over breakfast?
2. Why did Caitlin become a financial analyst?
3. Why does Caitlin and Carroll meet with Freddie Hotchkiss?
4. What do the two New York City TAC patrolmen find in the Federal Reserve Bank?
5. What does the recorded voice threaten?
6. How does Caitlin and Carroll convince Freddie to tell them everything he knows about Chevron ?
7. How do the American Intelligence agents get information back to Washington?
8. What happens Just before 5:30 on the morning of December 4th?
9. How does the policeman save Caitlin's life?
10. Why do the officials decide to suspend trading on Wall Street?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Patterson's representation of Vietnam Veterans. Why did the Vietnam Veterans feel hard done by after the Vietnam War? How did the veterans react to the governments lack of support in real life? What is Patterson's opinion of the way the veterans were treated and how does he express i
Essay Topic 2
What problems would a stock market crash cause the world economy and why? Are there any countries that would benefit from a stock market crash? How does the stock market try to safe guard against stock market crashes?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does Patterson use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)