|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls a meeting at the end of the chapter?
2. What do Anton and Caitlin make a list of?
3. What organization sets up a meeting with Carroll in this section?
4. Which are of the following people are not invited to the meeting?
5. Who does Francois Monserrat reportedly work for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Isabella give to Carroll?
2. What do 3,000 veterans find in their mail boxes?
3. Why does Monserrat kill Isabella?
4. How does Carroll find Caitlin?
5. What truth does Carrol learn in this section?
6. How does Birnbaum plan to try and save the economy?
7. Describe the meeting that takes place between Hudson and Billie.
8. How do Carroll and his family try to escape?
9. Why did Caitlin become a financial analyst?
10. What happens when David arrives at the hotel?
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and examine how it affects the tone of the novel and helps to express character and theme.
2) Point of view
Essay Topic 2
How did the Vietnam War affect the people in involved? How does Patterson suggest Vietnam has affected the characters in the book? In what way has the affects of the Vietnam War become a major part of popular culture?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1) What were the main concerns during the 1980s. How does Patterson express these concerns?
2) In what ways do you think the novels meaning would change if it was set in today's society?
This section contains 1,435 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)