|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What department store does Isabella go shopping in?
2. What do the IRA ask Caitlin if she has on her?
3. What does Carroll say will happen to Fred if he does not give him information?
4. Where do Hudson and Billie meet?
5. What is the name of the drug dealer Sommers and Carroll arrest?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Carroll meets with Michael Chevron?
2. When do the officials realize that the terrorists are not going to negotiate?
3. How do the American Intelligence agents get information back to Washington?
4. How did Caitlin become the director of the SEC's security force?
5. How does Carroll find Caitlin?
6. How does the story being?
7. What happens Just before 5:30 on the morning of December 4th?
8. What information does Isabella give to Carroll?
9. Why does Harry Stemkowsky wait for David Hudson in the rain?
10. How does Carroll get information from Isabella Marqueza?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does Patterson use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 2
How has Patterson developed the story? How has Patterson tried to keep the reader interested in the story? How has Patterson combined the elements in the story such as dialogue and character to develop the plot?
Essay Topic 3
What is the black market? How is the black market and the people that work in the black market represented in the media? What affect does the black market have on the economy?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)