|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Russians think their purchase could hurt?
2. What is the name of the drug dealer Sommers and Carroll arrest?
3. What is the name of the Russian version of Camp David?
4. What kind of vehicle does Carroll say he can organize Isabella to die in?
5. What does Carroll hand Isabella photographs of?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the story being?
2. Why does Monserrat kill Isabella?
3. What is discussed at the meeting with the President?
4. What happens at Carroll's home that evening?
5. Why do the officials decide to suspend trading on Wall Street?
6. What does David Hudson recall about his torture in Vietnam?
7. What information does Isabella give to Carroll?
8. What interrupts David's war memories?
9. How does Carroll find Caitlin?
10. How does the policeman save Caitlin's life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1) What were the main concerns during the 1980s. How does Patterson express these concerns?
2) In what ways do you think the novels meaning would change if it was set in today's society?
Essay Topic 2
Patterson writes Black Friday in the third person. Why do you think Patterson chose to write the story in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the story would of changed if Patterson wrote it in the first person? Why is writing in the third person typical of this kind of novel?
Essay Topic 3
What is the black market? How is the black market and the people that work in the black market represented in the media? What affect does the black market have on the economy?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)