|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Billie's last name?
2. Who does Kuchuck pass the information onto?
3. What gives Harry Stemkowsky a reason to live?
4. What kind of vehicle does Carroll say he can organize Isabella to die in?
5. What is Caitlin using to find out information about the 1929 stock market crash?
Short Essay Questions
1. What interrupts David's war memories?
2. How does the policeman save Caitlin's life?
3. What does the recorded voice threaten?
4. What does Hudson urge the vets to do while traveling?
5. What does David Hudson recall about his torture in Vietnam?
6. What happens when Carroll meets with Michael Chevron?
7. How does Carroll get information from Isabella Marqueza?
8. How does Caitlin and Carroll convince Freddie to tell them everything he knows about Chevron ?
9. How does Trentkamp persuade Carroll to stay on the case?
10. Why does Monserrat kill Isabella?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you think Patterson's representation of Iraqis is accurate? Would Patterson be able to get away with such a representation today? How would his representation of Iraqis be different if he wrote the novel today?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the novel's dialogue. Discuss how Patterson's dialogue contributes to the following areas:
Essay Topic 3
Examine the relationship between America and Russia in the eighties.
1) How did Russia cope with Americas success and their own decline?
2) How does Patterson express the relationship between Russia and America? Is this a true reflection?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)