|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters is in a wheel chair?
2. How did the security guard in the basement die?
3. What intelligence does Kearney say that he's received recently?
4. What takes place at 9:20 a.m December 4th?
5. What does David Hudson yell at Stemkowsky?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Anton think about the committee of twelve?
2. What does Vice President Elliott consider as he walks by himself?
3. What happens to Hudson at the end of the novel?
4. How do Caitlin and Carroll search for the men involved in Green Band?
5. What does Carroll discover at the vet's garage?
6. What happens to Carroll's son Mickey in this section?
7. How does Carroll get information from Isabella Marqueza?
8. What new information does Samantha find out about the committee of twelve?
9. When do the officials realize that the terrorists are not going to negotiate?
10. What does Hudson urge the vets to do while traveling?
Essay Topic 1
Pick a character from the novel and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the relationship between America and Russia in the eighties.
1) How did Russia cope with Americas success and their own decline?
2) How does Patterson express the relationship between Russia and America? Is this a true reflection?
Essay Topic 3
How accurate is Patterson's representation of the authority figures in the book? Do you think any of the representations are too stereotypical? Why do so many of the leaders in the book have so few if any weaknesses?
This section contains 1,541 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)