|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What method of transport does the old man use to deliver the message?
2. What do Anton and Caitlin make a list of?
3. What does Trentkamp urge Carroll to keep under control?
4. What does Carroll discover while questioning the drug dealer?
5. What organization is Andronov's one million dollars worth of stolen U.S securities linked to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Arch Carroll sees the Hussain Moussa in the restaurant?
2. How did Caitlin become the director of the SEC's security force?
3. Why does Monserrat kill Isabella?
4. What information does Isabella give to Carroll?
5. How does Thomas X. O'Neill get the stolen securities through customs?
6. How does the story being?
7. What happens Just before 5:30 on the morning of December 4th?
8. What information do Carroll and Caitlin receive about Pyotr Andronov?
9. What does Caitlin reveal at the meeting at the New York Stock Exchange building?
10. What does Carroll discover when he questions Alvarez?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pick a character from the novel and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the novel's dialogue. Discuss how Patterson's dialogue contributes to the following areas:
Essay Topic 3
What is the black market? How is the black market and the people that work in the black market represented in the media? What affect does the black market have on the economy?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)