|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What method of transport does the old man use to deliver the message?
2. What does the recording from the terrorists urge the FBI to do?
3. What does Monserrat want the Russians to pay him in?
4. Why does O'Neill say he passes the clothes straight through?
5. What did the terrorists do to demonstrate their seriousness?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Caitlin reveal at the meeting at the New York Stock Exchange building?
2. What takes place in Florida?
3. What does Carroll discover when he questions Alvarez?
4. How does the story being?
5. Describe the meeting between Caitlin and IRA?
6. Why do the officials decide to suspend trading on Wall Street?
7. How does Trentkamp persuade Carroll to stay on the case?
8. What happens when Arch Carroll sees the Hussain Moussa in the restaurant?
9. What happens when Carroll meets with Michael Chevron?
10. What does the recorded voice threaten?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the black market? How is the black market and the people that work in the black market represented in the media? What affect does the black market have on the economy?
Essay Topic 2
Black Friday is part of the thriller genre and Patterson is a noted thriller writer.
1) What are the conventions of the genre in terms of character, language and plot?
2) In what way have Patterson's novels helped to set the template for similar novels? Do modern novels still use the ideas employed in Black Friday?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1) What were the main concerns during the 1980s. How does Patterson express these concerns?
2) In what ways do you think the novels meaning would change if it was set in today's society?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)