|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Walter Trentkamp makes a point of agreeing with what?
2. Which of the following cities do Carroll and Caitlin not receive a message from?
3. Where do Hudson and Billie meet?
4. What European city does Carroll travel to in this chapter?
5. Who does Isabella Marqueza yell for?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hudson kill Billie Bogan?
2. How do the men capture Harry Stemkowsky?
3. What does Carroll discover at the vet's garage?
4. What happens when David arrives at the hotel?
5. How does Trentkamp persuade Carroll to stay on the case?
6. Describe the meeting between Caitlin and IRA?
7. How does Carroll find Caitlin?
8. Why did Caitlin become a financial analyst?
9. What does Sammantha tell Carroll about David Hudson in this section?
10. Describe the chase between the two officers and Green Band
Essay Topic 1
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1) What were the main concerns during the 1980s. How does Patterson express these concerns?
2) In what ways do you think the novels meaning would change if it was set in today's society?
Essay Topic 2
Do you think Patterson's representation of Iraqis is accurate? Would Patterson be able to get away with such a representation today? How would his representation of Iraqis be different if he wrote the novel today?
Essay Topic 3
How did the Vietnam War affect the people in involved? How does Patterson suggest Vietnam has affected the characters in the book? In what way has the affects of the Vietnam War become a major part of popular culture?
This section contains 1,535 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)