|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the security guard in the basement die?
2. What does Trentkamp urge Carroll to keep under control?
3. What does Carroll do when the President turns the investigation over to Berger?
4. What do Anton and Caitlin make a list of?
5. Who are Alry Simmons and Robert Havens?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the President so anxious about what is happening in the stock market?
2. How does Carroll find Caitlin?
3. How did Caitlin become the director of the SEC's security force?
4. How do Carroll and his family try to escape?
5. What new information do Nicolo and Rizzo give at the meeting?
6. How is the economic climate changing by the end of the section?
7. How does the policeman save Caitlin's life?
8. Describe the chase between the two officers and Green Band
9. How does Harry react to Manserrat's questioning?
10. What information does Isabella give to Carroll?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How accurate is Patterson's representation of the authority figures in the book? Do you think any of the representations are too stereotypical? Why do so many of the leaders in the book have so few if any weaknesses?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the novel's dialogue. Discuss how Patterson's dialogue contributes to the following areas:
Essay Topic 3
What is the black market? How is the black market and the people that work in the black market represented in the media? What affect does the black market have on the economy?
This section contains 1,517 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)