|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters is the team leader of the Green band?
2. Who has intercepted Pyotr Andronov?
3. Why did some believe that the bomb threat was a hoax?
4. Why does O'Neill say he passes the clothes straight through?
5. What do the boxes that O'Neill passes through customs say is inside them?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Monserrat kill Isabella?
2. What does Sammantha tell Carroll about David Hudson in this section?
3. How does Caitlin and Carroll convince Freddie to tell them everything he knows about Chevron ?
4. What new information does Samantha find out about the committee of twelve?
5. What truth does Carrol learn in this section?
6. What does Carroll discover at the vet's garage?
7. Describe the chase between Carroll and Green Band.
8. What happens to Carroll's son Mickey in this section?
9. What does Carroll discover when he questions Alvarez?
10. How do the American Intelligence agents get information back to Washington?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Patterson's writing style. How would you describe Patterson's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? Does he use any specific writing techniques? What meaning does Patterson's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and examine their real life equivalent and how Patterson to fit in with the ideas of Balck Friday.
1) The CIA.
2) The stock market
3) The Vietnam Veterans
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does Patterson use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 1,489 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)