Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls a meeting at the end of the chapter?
2. What do Anton and Caitlin make a list of?
3. What organization sets up a meeting with Carroll in this section?
4. Which are of the following people are not invited to the meeting?
5. Who does Francois Monserrat reportedly work for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Isabella give to Carroll?
2. What do 3,000 veterans find in their mail boxes?
3. Why does Monserrat kill Isabella?
4. How does Carroll find Caitlin?
5. What truth does Carrol learn in this section?
6. How does Birnbaum plan to try and save the economy?
7. Describe the meeting that takes place between Hudson and Billie.
8. How do Carroll and his family try to escape?
9. Why did Caitlin become a financial analyst?
10. What happens when David arrives at the hotel?
Essay Topic 1
Patterson writes Black Friday in the third person. Why do you think Patterson chose to write the story in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the story would of changed if Patterson wrote it in the first person? Why is writing in the third person typical of this kind of novel?
Essay Topic 2
What problems would a stock market crash cause the world economy and why? Are there any countries that would benefit from a stock market crash? How does the stock market try to safe guard against stock market crashes?
Essay Topic 3
Examine violence in the novel.
1) How do the characters in the novel view violence? Are there are character that would think twice before shooting or hitting someone?
2) Do the characters need to be violent to cope in the world that Patterson portrays?
3) In what way is violence an important of the book and the meaning it attempts to convey?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)