|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Isabella Marqueza yell for?
2. What country is Shannon airport in?
3. What is Pauly Melindez nickname?
4. Why are Alry Simmons and Robert Havens in the Federal Reserve Bank?
5. What does David Hudson yell at Stemkowsky?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Carroll meets with Michael Chevron?
2. What information do Carroll and Caitlin receive about Pyotr Andronov?
3. Why is the President so anxious about what is happening in the stock market?
4. How did Caitlin become the director of the SEC's security force?
5. How does Trentkamp persuade Carroll to stay on the case?
6. Why do the officials decide to suspend trading on Wall Street?
7. How does Caitlin and Carroll convince Freddie to tell them everything he knows about Chevron ?
8. What does Caitlin reveal at the meeting at the New York Stock Exchange building?
9. What do the Russian officials discuss over breakfast?
10. How does Carroll get information from Isabella Marqueza?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What problems would a stock market crash cause the world economy and why? Are there any countries that would benefit from a stock market crash? How does the stock market try to safe guard against stock market crashes?
Essay Topic 2
Black Friday is part of the thriller genre and Patterson is a noted thriller writer.
1) What are the conventions of the genre in terms of character, language and plot?
2) In what way have Patterson's novels helped to set the template for similar novels? Do modern novels still use the ideas employed in Black Friday?
Essay Topic 3
How accurate is Patterson's representation of the authority figures in the book? Do you think any of the representations are too stereotypical? Why do so many of the leaders in the book have so few if any weaknesses?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)