|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Francois Monserrat?
2. What is the name of the Russian version of Camp David?
3. What is the name of the drug dealer Sommers and Carroll arrest?
4. Which are of the following people are not invited to the meeting?
5. What have the terrorists demanded from the authorities?
Short Essay Questions
1. What takes place in Florida?
2. What happens when David arrives at the hotel?
3. What do the Russian officials discuss over breakfast?
4. What does Caitlin reveal at the meeting at the New York Stock Exchange building?
5. Describe the meeting between Caitlin and IRA?
6. How does the story being?
7. Why is the President so anxious about what is happening in the stock market?
8. What does Hudson urge the vets to do while traveling?
9. What do the two New York City TAC patrolmen find in the Federal Reserve Bank?
10. Why does Monserrat kill Isabella?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Patterson's writing style. How would you describe Patterson's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? Does he use any specific writing techniques? What meaning does Patterson's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 2
What problems would a stock market crash cause the world economy and why? Are there any countries that would benefit from a stock market crash? How does the stock market try to safe guard against stock market crashes?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does Patterson use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)