|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Hudon want to meet again?
2. Which of the following characters is in a wheel chair?
3. What did the terrorists do to demonstrate their seriousness?
4. What is the biggest problem facing law enforcement?
5. What state does Carroll fly to?
Short Essay Questions
1. When do the officials realize that the terrorists are not going to negotiate?
2. What do the two New York City TAC patrolmen find in the Federal Reserve Bank?
3. What happens when David arrives at the hotel?
4. What information does Isabella give to Carroll?
5. What information do Carroll and Caitlin receive about Pyotr Andronov?
6. Describe the meeting that takes place between Hudson and Billie.
7. Why is the President so anxious about what is happening in the stock market?
8. Why do the officials decide to suspend trading on Wall Street?
9. What does Hudson urge the vets to do while traveling?
10. What happens when Arch Carroll sees the Hussain Moussa in the restaurant?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the novel's dialogue. Discuss how Patterson's dialogue contributes to the following areas:
Essay Topic 2
Examine violence in the novel.
1) How do the characters in the novel view violence? Are there are character that would think twice before shooting or hitting someone?
2) Do the characters need to be violent to cope in the world that Patterson portrays?
3) In what way is violence an important of the book and the meaning it attempts to convey?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1) What were the main concerns during the 1980s. How does Patterson express these concerns?
2) In what ways do you think the novels meaning would change if it was set in today's society?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)