|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gives Harry Stemkowsky a reason to live?
2. Who are Alry Simmons and Robert Havens?
3. What country does Margarita Kupchuck work for as an Intelligence agent?
4. What intelligence does Kearney say that he's received recently?
5. What is the name of the drug dealer Sommers and Carroll arrest?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the story being?
2. What happens at Carroll's home that evening?
3. How does Carroll find Caitlin?
4. What does the recorded voice threaten?
5. Why does Monserrat kill Isabella?
6. What happens when Arch Carroll sees the Hussain Moussa in the restaurant?
7. Describe the meeting that takes place between Hudson and Billie.
8. Describe the meeting between Caitlin and IRA?
9. Why does Carroll resign his position?
10. What information does Isabella give to Carroll?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the relationship between America and Russia in the eighties.
1) How did Russia cope with Americas success and their own decline?
2) How does Patterson express the relationship between Russia and America? Is this a true reflection?
Essay Topic 2
Examine Patterson's writing style. How would you describe Patterson's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? Does he use any specific writing techniques? What meaning does Patterson's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 3
What problems would a stock market crash cause the world economy and why? Are there any countries that would benefit from a stock market crash? How does the stock market try to safe guard against stock market crashes?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)