|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Manning Rubin's occupation?
2. What does Monserrat kill Isabella with?
3. Where do Carroll and Caitlin watch the incoming messages?
4. Why does O'Neill say he passes the clothes straight through?
5. What organization sets up a meeting with Carroll in this section?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the recorded voice threaten?
2. What happens when Carroll meets with Michael Chevron?
3. When do the officials realize that the terrorists are not going to negotiate?
4. How does Carroll get information from Isabella Marqueza?
5. How did Caitlin become the director of the SEC's security force?
6. What information does Isabella give to Carroll?
7. How does the story being?
8. Why does Monserrat kill Isabella?
9. What happens Just before 5:30 on the morning of December 4th?
10. Describe the meeting that takes place between Hudson and Billie.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Look at the structure of the novel:
1) How does Patterson use character and dialogue to drive the narrative.
2) Discuss elements of the narrative structure; Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the novel's themes?
3) Away from the main character examine the way Fleming uses the other characters in the story. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the novel's dialogue. Discuss how Patterson's dialogue contributes to the following areas:
Essay Topic 3
How has Patterson developed the story? How has Patterson tried to keep the reader interested in the story? How has Patterson combined the elements in the story such as dialogue and character to develop the plot?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)