|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the meeting led by Caitlin held?
2. Who was Isabella's lover for two years?
3. Where do the IRA want to meet Carroll?
4. What does Monserrat want the Russians to pay him in?
5. What is the name of the Vietnam prison where David Hudson was tortured in 1971?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the President so anxious about what is happening in the stock market?
2. Why did Caitlin become a financial analyst?
3. What happens at Carroll's home that evening?
4. Why do the officials decide to suspend trading on Wall Street?
5. Why does Monserrat kill Isabella?
6. What information do Carroll and Caitlin receive about Pyotr Andronov?
7. What is discussed at the meeting with the President?
8. What does Caitlin reveal at the meeting at the New York Stock Exchange building?
9. Describe the meeting that takes place between Hudson and Billie.
10. How does Carroll find Caitlin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What problems would a stock market crash cause the world economy and why? Are there any countries that would benefit from a stock market crash? How does the stock market try to safe guard against stock market crashes?
Essay Topic 2
How has Patterson developed the story? How has Patterson tried to keep the reader interested in the story? How has Patterson combined the elements in the story such as dialogue and character to develop the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Patterson writes Black Friday in the third person. Why do you think Patterson chose to write the story in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the story would of changed if Patterson wrote it in the first person? Why is writing in the third person typical of this kind of novel?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)