|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Carroll and Caitlin watch the incoming messages?
2. At what location do the terrorists' make their bomb threat from?
3. What's wrong with the computers controlling Wall Street's financial district ?
4. What organization sets up a meeting with Carroll in this section?
5. Where is the meeting led by Caitlin held?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the meeting that takes place between Hudson and Billie.
2. What does the recorded voice threaten?
3. How did Caitlin become the director of the SEC's security force?
4. How does Caitlin and Carroll convince Freddie to tell them everything he knows about Chevron ?
5. Why did Caitlin become a financial analyst?
6. What information do Carroll and Caitlin receive about Pyotr Andronov?
7. What information does Isabella give to Carroll?
8. When do the officials realize that the terrorists are not going to negotiate?
9. What does David Hudson recall about his torture in Vietnam?
10. How does Thomas X. O'Neill get the stolen securities through customs?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and examine how it affects the tone of the novel and helps to express character and theme.
2) Point of view
Essay Topic 2
Black Friday is part of the thriller genre and Patterson is a noted thriller writer.
1) What are the conventions of the genre in terms of character, language and plot?
2) In what way have Patterson's novels helped to set the template for similar novels? Do modern novels still use the ideas employed in Black Friday?
Essay Topic 3
How has Patterson developed the story? How has Patterson tried to keep the reader interested in the story? How has Patterson combined the elements in the story such as dialogue and character to develop the plot?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)