Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls a meeting at the end of the chapter?
2. What do Anton and Caitlin make a list of?
3. What organization sets up a meeting with Carroll in this section?
4. Which are of the following people are not invited to the meeting?
5. Who does Francois Monserrat reportedly work for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Isabella give to Carroll?
2. What do 3,000 veterans find in their mail boxes?
3. Why does Monserrat kill Isabella?
4. How does Carroll find Caitlin?
5. What truth does Carrol learn in this section?
6. How does Birnbaum plan to try and save the economy?
7. Describe the meeting that takes place between Hudson and Billie.
8. How do Carroll and his family try to escape?
9. Why did Caitlin become a financial analyst?
10. What happens when David arrives at the hotel?
Essay Topic 1
Do you think Patterson's representation of Iraqis is accurate? Would Patterson be able to get away with such a representation today? How would his representation of Iraqis be different if he wrote the novel today?
Essay Topic 2
How accurate is Patterson's representation of the authority figures in the book? Do you think any of the representations are too stereotypical? Why do so many of the leaders in the book have so few if any weaknesses?
Essay Topic 3
Patterson writes Black Friday in the third person. Why do you think Patterson chose to write the story in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the story would of changed if Patterson wrote it in the first person? Why is writing in the third person typical of this kind of novel?
This section contains 1,435 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)