Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls a meeting at the end of the chapter?
2. What do Anton and Caitlin make a list of?
3. What organization sets up a meeting with Carroll in this section?
4. Which are of the following people are not invited to the meeting?
5. Who does Francois Monserrat reportedly work for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Isabella give to Carroll?
2. What do 3,000 veterans find in their mail boxes?
3. Why does Monserrat kill Isabella?
4. How does Carroll find Caitlin?
5. What truth does Carrol learn in this section?
6. How does Birnbaum plan to try and save the economy?
7. Describe the meeting that takes place between Hudson and Billie.
8. How do Carroll and his family try to escape?
9. Why did Caitlin become a financial analyst?
10. What happens when David arrives at the hotel?
Essay Topic 1
Black Friday is part of the thriller genre and Patterson is a noted thriller writer.
1) What are the conventions of the genre in terms of character, language and plot?
2) In what way have Patterson's novels helped to set the template for similar novels? Do modern novels still use the ideas employed in Black Friday?
Essay Topic 2
Examine Patterson's representation of Vietnam Veterans. Why did the Vietnam Veterans feel hard done by after the Vietnam War? How did the veterans react to the governments lack of support in real life? What is Patterson's opinion of the way the veterans were treated and how does he express i
Essay Topic 3
How has Patterson developed the story? How has Patterson tried to keep the reader interested in the story? How has Patterson combined the elements in the story such as dialogue and character to develop the plot?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)