|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the IRA want to meet Carroll?
2. What's the first thing Carroll does when he arrives home?
3. Who does Kuchuck pass the information onto?
4. Who gives a television interview in this chapter?
5. What do the Russians think their purchase could hurt?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the meeting between Caitlin and IRA?
2. Why does Carroll resign his position?
3. What happens when Arch Carroll sees the Hussain Moussa in the restaurant?
4. What information do Carroll and Caitlin receive about Pyotr Andronov?
5. How does Carroll get information from Isabella Marqueza?
6. Why does Caitlin and Carroll meet with Freddie Hotchkiss?
7. What does David Hudson recall about his torture in Vietnam?
8. How do the American Intelligence agents get information back to Washington?
9. What happens when David arrives at the hotel?
10. What does Carroll discover when he questions Alvarez?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Black Friday is part of the thriller genre and Patterson is a noted thriller writer.
1) What are the conventions of the genre in terms of character, language and plot?
2) In what way have Patterson's novels helped to set the template for similar novels? Do modern novels still use the ideas employed in Black Friday?
Essay Topic 2
What problems would a stock market crash cause the world economy and why? Are there any countries that would benefit from a stock market crash? How does the stock market try to safe guard against stock market crashes?
Essay Topic 3
Pick a character from the novel and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)