Lesson 1 (from Chapters 1 through 8)
The aim of this lesson is to examine David Hudson's character.
1) Class discussion. What is Hudson's character background? Why do the students think he makes such a good leader? What is Hudson's character conflict and motivation? What does this opening suggest about how Hudson's character will develop through the book?
2) Ask the students to write Hudson's character background.
3) Ask the students to develop a scenario that puts Hudson into trouble and swap their scenario with someone else. The aim is then to think how Hudson's character would escape from that scenario.
4) Homework. Compare Hudson's character to a similar character in a political thriller.
Lesson 2 (from Chapters 1 through 8)
The aim of this lesson is to examine the Green Band.
1) Class discussion. Do the students think the Green Band group are based on any other military group? Why do the students think Vietnam Veterans would want to start...
This section contains 4,164 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)