Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Bernard's attitude towards the insect and, as he understands now, most things and June?
2. What does June tell Bernard shortly after they are married and Bernard kills an insect?
3. Jeremy believes the man in the crowd holding a Communist flag is of a certain nationality. What is it?
4. Why is Part Two titled, "Berlin"?
5. When the father of the small boy at dinner lights a cigarette, why does that give Jeremy a tiny bit of relief?
Compare and contrast June and Bernard's personalities and belief systems.
At one point during Jeremy's conversations with June, she speaks of God and the halo of light around her body when she was up against the two dogs. She goes on to talk of the inner being, the healing power of love and belief in God. Jeremy is embarrassed for June at hearing her talk this way as he is when anyone speaks of such things. Why does Jeremy wince at this talk? What is he thinking about June's belief in a soul and an afterlife? Why does he believe she needs to have this "glad-hearted believing"? What does religion offer to those who believe, according to Jeremy?
Explain whether this novel is politically or religiously skewed. Has the author made his feelings on the subjects known by the end of the story? How?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)