|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who ends up saving Bernard from the teenagers?
2. Why won't Bernard make conversation with the taxi driver who takes him to the airport?
3. In Part Two, Bernard and Jeremy see a deserted watchtower over sand that conceal land mines. What do they see there?
4. Where does Jeremy stop for a beer while walking through St. Maurice?
5. When Bernard finally thanks the person who saved him from the teenagers, how does he do it?
Essay Topic 1
Explain Jeremy's great attraction to other people's parents. What was he looking for in them? Does he ever find it? If so, how?
Essay Topic 2
In what scenes and under what circumstances does June seem to be involved in guiding or helping the still-living members of her family? Does she really have a hand in the matters cited or are the characters simply hoping she is still involved in their lives?
Essay Topic 3
Jeremy is obsessed with studying the photograph of June as a young woman. What makes the photograph so appealing to him? Why? How does the appeal of the photograph of June contrast with the time in history the photograph was taken?
This section contains 1,009 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)