Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Bernard's attitude towards the insect and, as he understands now, most things and June?
2. What does June tell Bernard shortly after they are married and Bernard kills an insect?
3. Jeremy believes the man in the crowd holding a Communist flag is of a certain nationality. What is it?
4. Why is Part Two titled, "Berlin"?
5. When the father of the small boy at dinner lights a cigarette, why does that give Jeremy a tiny bit of relief?
What is it about June's story of the black dogs that might have someone believe it was her imagination? Point out phrases or words in the retelling of the scene to support your explanation.
When the story that the Maire told about the black dogs is explained, how does this affect June? How does it explain the dogs she saw and her premonition about them?
At one point during Jeremy's conversations with June, she speaks of God and the halo of light around her body when she was up against the two dogs. She goes on to talk of the inner being, the healing power of love and belief in God. Jeremy is embarrassed for June at hearing her talk this way as he is when anyone speaks of such things. Why does Jeremy wince at this talk? What is he thinking about June's belief in a soul and an afterlife? Why does he believe she needs to have this "glad-hearted believing"? What does religion offer to those who believe, according to Jeremy?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)