Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Bernard's attitude towards the insect and, as he understands now, most things and June?
2. What does June tell Bernard shortly after they are married and Bernard kills an insect?
3. Jeremy believes the man in the crowd holding a Communist flag is of a certain nationality. What is it?
4. Why is Part Two titled, "Berlin"?
5. When the father of the small boy at dinner lights a cigarette, why does that give Jeremy a tiny bit of relief?
What does the last line in the book mean ("...as sleep rolls in they are receding from her, black stains in the gray of the dawn, fading as they move into the foothills of the mountains from where they will return to haunt us, somewhere in Europe, in another time")?
When Jeremy intervenes in the beating of the boy at dinner, who is he really thinking of? Is the young woman a symbol of anyone? What about the father or the waitress?
Explain whether this novel is politically or religiously skewed. Has the author made his feelings on the subjects known by the end of the story? How?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)