|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Jeremy state he intended to originally end the memoir he is writing?
2. Who calls Jeremy late at night to give him news of Berlin?
3. When Bernard talks about June's wanting to living apart from him in Part Two, what does he refer to himself as?
4. What finally drew Bernard away from the Communist Party?
5. What are Jeremy and Bernard walking towards in Part Two to get to a better section of the Wall?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jeremy is obsessed with studying the photograph of June as a young woman. What makes the photograph so appealing to him? Why? How does the appeal of the photograph of June contrast with the time in history the photograph was taken?
Essay Topic 2
When Jeremy intervenes in the beating of the boy at dinner, who is he really thinking of? Is the young woman a symbol of anyone? What about the father or the waitress?
Essay Topic 3
One line in Part Four reads "The empty air, suffused with sunlight, seemed to contain a darkness just beyond the reach of vision". Explain this sentence as it relates to the story as a whole. Give examples, citing scenes from the book to support your explanation.
This section contains 999 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)