|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Bernard's attitude towards the insect and, as he understands now, most things and June?
2. What does June tell Bernard shortly after they are married and Bernard kills an insect?
3. Jeremy believes the man in the crowd holding a Communist flag is of a certain nationality. What is it?
4. Why is Part Two titled, "Berlin"?
5. When the father of the small boy at dinner lights a cigarette, why does that give Jeremy a tiny bit of relief?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast June and Bernard's personalities and belief systems.
Essay Topic 2
In what scenes and under what circumstances does June seem to be involved in guiding or helping the still-living members of her family? Does she really have a hand in the matters cited or are the characters simply hoping she is still involved in their lives?
Essay Topic 3
When Jeremy intervenes in the beating of the boy at dinner, who is he really thinking of? Is the young woman a symbol of anyone? What about the father or the waitress?
This section contains 1,009 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)