|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Bernard's attitude towards the insect and, as he understands now, most things and June?
2. What does June tell Bernard shortly after they are married and Bernard kills an insect?
3. Jeremy believes the man in the crowd holding a Communist flag is of a certain nationality. What is it?
4. Why is Part Two titled, "Berlin"?
5. When the father of the small boy at dinner lights a cigarette, why does that give Jeremy a tiny bit of relief?
Essay Topic 1
While touring the concentration camp with Jeremy, Jenny mentions the "black dogs". What significance does this hold for her? How is she relating it to Majdanek?
Essay Topic 2
In what scenes and under what circumstances does June seem to be involved in guiding or helping the still-living members of her family? Does she really have a hand in the matters cited or are the characters simply hoping she is still involved in their lives?
Essay Topic 3
As early as the Preface of the book, Jeremy states that the simplest way of restoring a lost parent is to become a parent yourself. What do you think he meant by this statement? How is it true or false? How does this statement reflect Jeremy's relationship with Sally?
This section contains 1,009 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)