|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When do Jenny and Jeremy end up getting married?
2. When a group of teenagers surround Bernard, what does he tell them?
3. Why does Bernard stare at girls on the street?
4. How did Jenny astound Jeremy within the second week of meeting him at the convention?
5. Jeremy believes the man in the crowd holding a Communist flag is of a certain nationality. What is it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When a tough girl in leather saves Bernard from nearly being killed by a gang of boys in Berlin, who did that girl represent? Why? Does Bernard believe in this symbol?
Essay Topic 2
Explain Jeremy's great attraction to other people's parents. What was he looking for in them? Does he ever find it? If so, how?
Essay Topic 3
How does Jeremy feel he was used by June and Bernard while she was in the nursing home? How did June manipulate him into getting messages to Bernard and vice versa? How did Jeremy react to being caught in the middle? What realization might he come to about having parents and marriage?
This section contains 1,011 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)