|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way did Jeremy realize he had heard of Jenny's father, Bernard Tremaine?
2. Where do Jeremy and the father in the hotel restaurant go after speaking?
3. Who ends up saving Bernard from the teenagers?
4. In Part Two, what does Bernard say he misses most about June?
5. Where does Jeremy stop for a beer while walking through St. Maurice?
Essay Topic 1
What is it about June's story of the black dogs that might have someone believe it was her imagination? Point out phrases or words in the retelling of the scene to support your explanation.
Essay Topic 2
What problems do the three main characters in this story encounter? Do they manage to resolve them by the end of the book?
Essay Topic 3
What does the last line in the book mean ("...as sleep rolls in they are receding from her, black stains in the gray of the dawn, fading as they move into the foothills of the mountains from where they will return to haunt us, somewhere in Europe, in another time")?
This section contains 977 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)