|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What feeling does Jeremy get when he enters the family chalet?
(a) He is depressed.
(b) He is overcome with exhaustion.
(c) He is filled with peace at being there.
(d) He feels uneasy, as though he is being watched.
2. Why is Part Two titled, "Berlin"?
(a) Jeremy focuses on his first meeting with Jenny in Berlin.
(b) Jeremy and Bernard go to see the Berlin wall come down.
(c) Bernard talks mostly about how communism began in Berlin.
(d) June died in Berlin.
3. Why was Jeremy unable to eat his breakfast at the convention where he met Jenny?
(a) He threw up every time he ran into Jenny so he stopped eating.
(b) He could not bare to see Jenny at breakfast so he skipped it.
(c) He found her distant and annoying at the breakfast table.
(d) At first sight of her at breakfast, he became lovesick and lost his appetite.
4. In Part Two, what news does Bernard have when he calls Jeremy and Jenny at home?
(a) He was getting remarried soon.
(b) The Berlin Wall is coming down.
(c) He is very ill and may be dying.
(d) He is leaving for a vacation in Germany.
5. When a group of teenagers surround Bernard, what does he tell them?
(a) To take off and leave.
(b) To march with the crowd.
(c) To explain their tatoos.
(d) To take pity on him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Bernard stay in the Communist Party?
2. What does Bernard tell Jeremy they are standing near when they come upon a very large hole?
3. What happens to Bernard when a group of teenagers approach him at the Berlin Wall?
4. What was Jeremy's reason for his five hour walk to the dolmen?
5. When Bernard talks about June's wanting to living apart from him in Part Two, what does he refer to himself as?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)