|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls Jeremy late at night to give him news of Berlin?
2. What time of day does Jeremy return to the bergerie?
(d) Early morning.
3. When the teenagers take their leave, how do they do it without losing face?
(a) They spit and curse at the crowd.
(b) They shoot a gun in the air.
(c) They walk away slowly and pretend they are bored.
(d) One of them gives Bernard a punch in the stomach before leaving.
4. When Jenny told Jeremy she considered him a friend and touched his hand, what happened next?
(a) He stood still, not knowing what to do.
(b) He backed away.
(c) He kissed her.
(d) He told her he had a girlfriend in England.
5. What are Jeremy and Bernard walking towards in Part Two to get to a better section of the Wall?
(a) The East Berlin police headquarters.
(b) Checkpoint Charlie.
(c) Towards the media trucks.
(d) The Brandenburg Gate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jeremy discover on the switchboard cover in the bergerie?
2. When Jeremy tries to get some words in edgewise during the conversation he is overhearing, what do the voices do?
3. Why does Bernard stare at girls on the street?
4. In what way did Jeremy realize he had heard of Jenny's father, Bernard Tremaine?
5. Where did Jeremy and Jenny first meet?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Jeremy and Jenny first speak to each other of their parents, what intrigues Jeremy?
2. Why is Jeremy afraid when he goes to open the bergerie after it had been closed up for two months?
3. When Bernard and Jeremy get the key from Gunter to an apartment they will stay at in Berlin, how is Gunter right when he tells them it is not a good idea to go to the Wall?
4. When Bernard and June are waiting at the train station to go into Arles, why do they walk into town instead of continuing to wait?
5. What is it that Jeremy mulls over as having discouraged him from rushing to open the electrical cupboard to turn on the lights, and why?
6. How does it come to be that all of the hotel patrons end up eating dinner at the same time?
7. Bernard tells Jeremy as they are walking toward the Brandenburg Gate in Berlin that he thought certain things about June for the first six months after she died. What does he tell Jeremy?
8. Bernard talks to Jeremy about he and June staying in a little town on their way home from Italy and on the way to the gorge. Bernard had been with only June for hours without any time alone. How does he feel when he goes out for a walk and is alone with his thoughts?
9. When Jeremy and Bernard begin to discuss things that June told Jeremy for her memoir, what is Bernard's initial reaction?
10. When Jeremy and Bernard share a cab to the airport, what do they talk about?
This section contains 1,206 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)