|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jenny tell Jeremy when he asks why she mentioned black dogs earlier?
(a) That she cannot talk about it.
(b) That she had read it somewhere.
(c) That it is a family phrase.
(d) That it was a dream she had.
2. Why was Jeremy hesitant to visit Majdanek?
(a) He did not understand why anyone would go there.
(b) He did not have the time.
(c) He had been to Belsen once and that was enough for him.
(d) He was reluctant to spend the money.
3. When Jenny told Jeremy she considered him a friend and touched his hand, what happened next?
(a) He kissed her.
(b) He stood still, not knowing what to do.
(c) He backed away.
(d) He told her he had a girlfriend in England.
4. Jeremy hears a running conversation in his head while in the bergerie, alone. Who is talking in his head?
(a) Jenny and he.
(b) June and Jenny.
(c) Sally and Jean.
(d) June and Bernard.
5. How did Jenny astound Jeremy within the second week of meeting him at the convention?
(a) She asked him to go with her to Lublin.
(b) She spit into his face for no reason.
(c) She told him she wanted to marry him one day.
(d) She kissed him in front of all the men "in the race".
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bernard stare at girls on the street?
2. Bernard accuses June of having left the Party years before he did, but for a different reason. What was her reason, according to Bernard?
3. What was Bernard's attitude towards the insect and, as he understands now, most things and June?
4. What does Bernard tell Jeremy they are standing near when they come upon a very large hole?
5. After Jenny and Jeremy visited Majdanek, how long was it before they spoke to one another?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)