|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what way did Jeremy realize he had heard of Jenny's father, Bernard Tremaine?
(a) From radio programs and his biography of Nasser.
(b) He had read his autobiography.
(c) From television talk shows.
(d) From a chance meeting at an airport.
2. After Jenny and Jeremy visited Majdanek, how long was it before they spoke to one another?
(a) Five minutes.
(b) An hour.
(c) 24 hours.
(d) Two days.
3. At the cultural convention where Jeremy first met Jenny, why were the men "in a race" to get to Jenny first?
(a) She flirted with all of the men there.
(b) She was the prettiest woman out of the five other women there.
(c) She was pretty, extremely fun to be with, and outgoing.
(d) She was beautiful, the only woman there, and very distant towards them.
4. How did Jenny astound Jeremy within the second week of meeting him at the convention?
(a) She spit into his face for no reason.
(b) She told him she wanted to marry him one day.
(c) She kissed him in front of all the men "in the race".
(d) She asked him to go with her to Lublin.
5. How does Bernard react to Jeremy's knowledge of where they had met the women who helped Bernard get to a taxi?
(a) Upset that he will not see them again.
(b) With great anxiety and fear.
(c) He calls it a coincidence and changes the subject.
(d) He wants to track them down and get their phone numbers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bernard tell Jeremy they are standing near when they come upon a very large hole?
2. About how many people have gathered to watch the Berlin Wall fall in Part Two?
3. When Jeremy tries to get some words in edgewise during the conversation he is overhearing, what do the voices do?
4. Where does Jeremy realize he and Bernard had seen the woman and her friend who helps them to a taxi?
5. What are Jeremy and Bernard walking towards in Part Two to get to a better section of the Wall?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Jeremy and Bernard share a cab to the airport, what do they talk about?
2. Bernard talks to Jeremy about he and June staying in a little town on their way home from Italy and on the way to the gorge. Bernard had been with only June for hours without any time alone. How does he feel when he goes out for a walk and is alone with his thoughts?
3. Why is Jeremy afraid when he goes to open the bergerie after it had been closed up for two months?
4. When Jeremy and Bernard begin to discuss things that June told Jeremy for her memoir, what is Bernard's initial reaction?
5. How does it come to be that all of the hotel patrons end up eating dinner at the same time?
6. What would be an apt description of the small family staying at the hotel?
7. How does the taxi driver's intervention in Bernard's speech during the cab ride affect him?
8. What do the father and mother do to the boy at dinner?
9. When Bernard and June are waiting at the train station to go into Arles, why do they walk into town instead of continuing to wait?
10. When Jeremy and Jenny first speak to each other of their parents, what intrigues Jeremy?
This section contains 1,230 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)