|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Bernard finally thanks the person who saved him from the teenagers, how does he do it?
(a) He offers her money as a thank you gift.
(b) He kisses her hand in thanks.
(c) He only smiles.
(d) He thanks her without looking at her face.
2. Why was Jeremy hesitant to visit Majdanek?
(a) He did not understand why anyone would go there.
(b) He had been to Belsen once and that was enough for him.
(c) He was reluctant to spend the money.
(d) He did not have the time.
3. How does Bernard refer to June's preoccupation with the spiritual world in Part Two?
(c) New Agism.
(d) Born Again Christianity.
4. About how many people have gathered to watch the Berlin Wall fall in Part Two?
5. After leaving Berlin and Bernard, where does Jeremy go?
(a) Home to Jenny and the chidren.
(b) To the bergerie.
(c) To the Hotel Wisla.
(d) To Potsdmerplatz.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mme. Auriac give to Jeremy while waiting for the police to arrive?
2. When do Jenny and Jeremy end up getting married?
3. When a group of teenagers surround Bernard, what does he tell them?
4. Bernard accuses June of having left the Party years before he did, but for a different reason. What was her reason, according to Bernard?
5. When Bernard and Jeremy look out over the border and the Wall from an observation stand in Part Two, what one word does Jeremy have to say?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)