Final Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bernard quotes some lines attributed to Isaiah Berlin to Jeremy. What are they about?
(a) The risks of Communism.
(b) Hitler's Nazi Party.
(c) The fatal quality of utopia.
(d) Freedom of choice for all people.
2. How does Bernard refer to June's preoccupation with the spiritual world in Part Two?
(a) Born Again Christianity.
(c) New Agism.
3. Why was Jeremy unable to eat his breakfast at the convention where he met Jenny?
(a) He threw up every time he ran into Jenny so he stopped eating.
(b) He found her distant and annoying at the breakfast table.
(c) At first sight of her at breakfast, he became lovesick and lost his appetite.
(d) He could not bare to see Jenny at breakfast so he skipped it.
4. When does Jeremy state he intended to originally end the memoir he is writing?
(a) After his visit to a concentration camp.
(b) After he gets up to leave the dolmen, taking a different path than his in-laws did.
(c) When he realizes that June and Bernard would never reconcile.
(d) At the point where he marries Jenny.
5. When Jeremy tries to get some words in edgewise during the conversation he is overhearing, what do the voices do?
(a) They stop completely.
(b) They are silent for a few moments.
(c) They completely ignore him.
(d) There is violent yelling.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jeremy speaks to the father eating dinner in the hotel, what grammatical error does he make?
2. Jeremy believes the man in the crowd holding a Communist flag is of a certain nationality. What is it?
3. What does Jeremy do in Lublin that is so uncharacteristic of him?
4. What are Jeremy and Bernard walking towards in Part Two to get to a better section of the Wall?
5. Why won't Bernard make conversation with the taxi driver who takes him to the airport?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)