|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children does Jeremy end up having?
2. What is the Dolmen de la Prunarede?
(a) An ancient burial site that became a family site.
(b) Jenny's ideal place to live.
(c) Jeremy's home town.
(d) The place where June and Bernard married.
3. What did Jean and Harper spend a lot of their time doing?
(a) Going to museums.
(b) Going out to the movies.
(c) Taking cruises.
(d) Drinking and fighting.
4. Bernard leaves the grave site to walk toward a yew tree in the cemetery. What does he do there?
(a) Counts the headstones.
(c) Watches the sunset.
(d) Has a cigarette.
5. What does June believe she discovered after the incident with the dogs?
(a) Her true self.
(c) The meaning of life.
(d) The perfect animals.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way did June become a spiritual person?
2. What completely overshadowed Jeremy and Jenny's life until their first child was born?
3. What were June and Bernard doing at the time the photograph in Part One was taken?
4. What did Jeremy do for Sally?
5. What organization did June join when she was eighteen-years-old?
Short Essay Questions
1. Bernard tells Jeremy as they are walking toward the Brandenburg Gate in Berlin that he thought certain things about June for the first six months after she died. What does he tell Jeremy?
2. What do you think the Maire was referring to when he spoke of organizing in 1941 and 1942?
3. What was it about his friends' parents that interested Jeremy?
4. When Jeremy becomes part of a squabble with a father in the hotel, why does he feel it to be a drama played out for his behalf?
5. Jeremy asks Bernard if he's ever had the feeling that he was tempting fate. What response does Bernard give to that?
6. When Bernard's grandson, Alexander, asks his cousin, Harry, at June's burial when his grandma will be coming back, how does Harry's answer nearly sum up June's and Bernard's relationship problems?
7. How does the story the Maire tells about Danielle Bertrand relate to June's story?
8. Describe Jenny Tremaine as Jeremy first meets her.
9. In what way do Jeremy and June disagree on June's reference to her story of the black dogs in Part One of the story?
10. Why did June and Bernard separate, according to the Preface?
This section contains 974 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)