|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did June get her doctor on her side and change the staff's attitude toward her?
(a) She let her intelligence and thoughtfulness be known.
(b) Jeremy brought Swiss chocolates to eveyone quite often.
(c) She bribed them with money.
(d) She told them they would all be in her book.
2. Where did June and Bernard have their first pre-marital intimate encounter?
(a) In a movie theater.
(b) In the home of June's girlfriend.
(c) At the dolmen.
(d) In Bernard's car.
3. Who did Jeremy tend to become friendly with?
(a) Parents of people his age.
(b) Little girls of three to five-years-old.
(c) No one.
(d) Other college students.
4. What disease was June dying of?
(a) Cardiovascular Disease.
(b) Multiple Sclerosis.
(d) Pancreatic Cancer.
5. What is happening in Jean and Harper's relationship?
(a) They have decided to have an "open marriage".
(b) They are coming apart.
(c) They are engaged.
(d) They are expecting another child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Bernard usually do when he knew Jeremy had just been to see June?
2. During June's generation, what was the worst possible thing that could happen to a girl?
3. At what age did Jeremy eventually get married?
4. What did Jeremy do for Sally?
5. Where did Toby Langley spend some of his childhood?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Jeremy's friends, such as Toby and Joe, think of Jeremy in terms of being an orphan and living on his own mostly?
2. How did Jeremy feel about leaving home for Oxford and being free to live on his own?
3. What thoughts are probably going through Jeremy's mind as he watches June plants flower bulbs?
4. What was it about his friends' parents that interested Jeremy?
5. Why does Jeremy state that he naturally identifies with an abandoned child like Sally?
6. How does Jeremy feel about his friends' parents?
7. In Bernard's version of how he and June first met, he says that he could see no point in her job, therefore he did not notice her at all. In his world, she did not even exist until someone told him that she was beautiful. What might this say about Bernard's personality?
8. Does Jeremy feel like a surrogate parent to Sally?
9. During one of her conversations with Jeremy, June talks about her obsessive relationship with Bernard and their love for one another that could not work. How does June find peace with this?
10. When did Jeremy, in the Prologue, feel that he really began to exist or to live?
This section contains 1,009 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)