|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What completely overshadowed Jeremy and Jenny's life until their first child was born?
(a) Jeremy's work.
(b) Jenny's inability to have a child.
(c) June's illness.
(d) Bernard's drinking.
2. What was Bernard's profession?
(a) An entomologist.
(b) A politician.
(c) A veterinarian.
(d) A medical doctor.
3. What did Harper do for a living?
(a) He was a security guard.
(b) He was a part-time teaher.
(c) He worked in a bank.
(d) He was a bouncer at a bar.
4. What is Jeremy's reaction to discovering what June and Bernard's obsession together had been?
(c) He feels he knew it all the time.
(d) He finds it difficult to imagine.
5. As she lay ill in bed, who do we learn June is jealous of as regards Bernard?
(a) His housekeeper.
(b) Any woman he meets.
(c) The nurses who chat with him.
(d) His secretary.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Sally let on that she had been abused as a child?
2. Who did Jeremy tend to become friendly with?
3. How many children does Jeremy end up having?
4. What was June's basic view about life?
5. Where was June living when Jeremy was visiting her and taking notes in Part One?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jeremy feel about his friends' parents?
2. During one of her conversations with Jeremy, June talks about her obsessive relationship with Bernard and their love for one another that could not work. How does June find peace with this?
3. What was it about his friends' parents that interested Jeremy?
4. In Part One, we know that Jeremy is a bit obsessed with looking at a photograph of June and Bernard that June keeps in her bedroom in the nursing home. What are Jeremy's predominant thoughts when he views the photo?
5. Describe Jeremy's method of spending time with his friends' parents.
6. Why did Jeremy not ever return to Notting Hill?
7. What did Jeremy's friends, such as Toby and Joe, think of Jeremy in terms of being an orphan and living on his own mostly?
8. In June's version of how she and Bernard first met, she actively pursues him, making sure that Bernard sees her when he is near his office. She even tries to make small talk with him. Why does June pursue Bernard when he does not even seem to notice her?
9. What thoughts are probably going through Jeremy's mind as he watches June plants flower bulbs?
10. How did Jeremy feel about leaving home for Oxford and being free to live on his own?
This section contains 1,017 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)