Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Bernard's attitude towards the insect and, as he understands now, most things and June?
(a) Loving and highly emotional.
(b) Unresponsive and quiet.
(c) Humorous and carefree.
(d) Unemotional and arrogant.
2. What does June tell Bernard shortly after they are married and Bernard kills an insect?
(a) That he is a brilliant man of science.
(b) She now hates him.
(c) She wants an annulment.
(d) That she is pregnant.
3. Jeremy believes the man in the crowd holding a Communist flag is of a certain nationality. What is it?
4. Why is Part Two titled, "Berlin"?
(a) Jeremy focuses on his first meeting with Jenny in Berlin.
(b) Bernard talks mostly about how communism began in Berlin.
(c) June died in Berlin.
(d) Jeremy and Bernard go to see the Berlin wall come down.
5. When the father of the small boy at dinner lights a cigarette, why does that give Jeremy a tiny bit of relief?
(a) He knows the man will not bother him.
(b) He hopes he can borrow a cigarette from him.
(c) The cigarette will not light.
(d) The man's hands are a little shaky.
6. What is the name of the woman in the crowd who Bernard notes looks a little bit like June?
7. While Jeremy is eating dinner at the hotel, who are the other guests in the dining room with him?
(a) One other man and a small family.
(b) A small family and a lone woman.
(c) A lone woman and a little boy.
(d) A large Italian family.
8. Jeremy hears a running conversation in his head while in the bergerie, alone. Who is talking in his head?
(a) June and Bernard.
(b) June and Jenny.
(c) Sally and Jean.
(d) Jenny and he.
9. Where does Jeremy stop for a beer while walking through St. Maurice?
(a) The hotel where June and Bernard honeymooned.
(b) At a farm, La Prunarede.
(c) In a bar in the next town over.
(d) In the woods.
10. In Part Two, what does Bernard say he misses most about June?
(a) Her ability to cope with stress.
(b) Her laughter.
(c) Her carefree spirit.
(d) Her seriousness about life.
11. What are Jeremy and Bernard walking towards in Part Two to get to a better section of the Wall?
(a) The Brandenburg Gate.
(b) Checkpoint Charlie.
(c) Towards the media trucks.
(d) The East Berlin police headquarters.
12. What is it about a small boy dining at the hotel that touches Jeremy?
(a) Jeremy has a grown-up conversation with him.
(b) The boy is very obedient to his family.
(c) The boy's friendliless towards everyone.
(d) He feels the boy's loneliness.
13. When Jenny told Jeremy she considered him a friend and touched his hand, what happened next?
(a) He stood still, not knowing what to do.
(b) He kissed her.
(c) He told her he had a girlfriend in England.
(d) He backed away.
14. What were Bernard's feelings about June's commitment to the Communist Party after the incident with the insect in Part Two?
(a) That she had her own strange ideas and might not stick with it.
(b) That she had only pretended to believe in it all along.
(c) He saw her leaning toward the defunct Nazi Party.
(d) That she was more committed than he was.
15. What does Jenny tell Jeremy when he asks why she mentioned black dogs earlier?
(a) That it is a family phrase.
(b) That it was a dream she had.
(c) That she cannot talk about it.
(d) That she had read it somewhere.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jeremy discover on the switchboard cover in the bergerie?
2. Why was Jeremy hesitant to visit Majdanek?
3. What does Mme. Auriac give the little boy who got hurt?
4. After Jenny and Jeremy visited Majdanek, how long was it before they spoke to one another?
5. When Jeremy asks Bernard if he wants to sit and rest for a while as they make their way to a cafe, why does Bernard leave his side?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)