Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bernard quotes some lines attributed to Isaiah Berlin to Jeremy. What are they about?
(a) The risks of Communism.
(b) Hitler's Nazi Party.
(c) The fatal quality of utopia.
(d) Freedom of choice for all people.
2. How does Bernard refer to June's preoccupation with the spiritual world in Part Two?
(a) Born Again Christianity.
(c) New Agism.
3. Why was Jeremy unable to eat his breakfast at the convention where he met Jenny?
(a) He threw up every time he ran into Jenny so he stopped eating.
(b) He found her distant and annoying at the breakfast table.
(c) At first sight of her at breakfast, he became lovesick and lost his appetite.
(d) He could not bare to see Jenny at breakfast so he skipped it.
4. When does Jeremy state he intended to originally end the memoir he is writing?
(a) After his visit to a concentration camp.
(b) After he gets up to leave the dolmen, taking a different path than his in-laws did.
(c) When he realizes that June and Bernard would never reconcile.
(d) At the point where he marries Jenny.
5. When Jeremy tries to get some words in edgewise during the conversation he is overhearing, what do the voices do?
(a) They stop completely.
(b) They are silent for a few moments.
(c) They completely ignore him.
(d) There is violent yelling.
6. When Jeremy speaks to the father eating dinner in the hotel, what grammatical error does he make?
(a) He calls the man a woman.
(b) He says "my" instead of "your" jaw.
(c) He speaks in the familiar rather than the more formal way.
(d) He leaves verbs out of his sentence.
7. Jeremy believes the man in the crowd holding a Communist flag is of a certain nationality. What is it?
8. What does Jeremy do in Lublin that is so uncharacteristic of him?
(a) He asks Jenny to marry him on the spot.
(b) He kisses Jenny spontaneously and professes his love.
(c) He gets very drunk and passes out.
(d) He shouts to the people around him that he is in love.
9. What are Jeremy and Bernard walking towards in Part Two to get to a better section of the Wall?
(a) Towards the media trucks.
(b) The East Berlin police headquarters.
(c) Checkpoint Charlie.
(d) The Brandenburg Gate.
10. Why won't Bernard make conversation with the taxi driver who takes him to the airport?
(a) He is too "real" and "common" for Bernard to deal with.
(b) Bernard is afraid the argument will get violent.
(c) Bernard does not want to pay the fare.
(d) He does not speak French.
11. Where does Jeremy stop for a beer while walking through St. Maurice?
(a) At a farm, La Prunarede.
(b) In the woods.
(c) The hotel where June and Bernard honeymooned.
(d) In a bar in the next town over.
12. Where did Jeremy and Jenny first meet?
(a) In Poland.
(b) In France.
(c) In England.
(d) In Brussels.
13. What does Jeremy discover on the switchboard cover in the bergerie?
(a) A snake.
(b) A black widow spider.
(c) A scorpion.
(d) A cockroach.
14. In what way did Jeremy realize he had heard of Jenny's father, Bernard Tremaine?
(a) From television talk shows.
(b) From a chance meeting at an airport.
(c) He had read his autobiography.
(d) From radio programs and his biography of Nasser.
15. When Bernard and Jeremy are at the Berlin Wall, why are some of the crowd watching and listening to them both?
(a) Jeremy is yelling at Bernard about love.
(b) Bernard is crying loudly, asking for June.
(c) They are hitting one another in the arm.
(d) Jeremy is screaming that Bernard is the father he never had.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part Two, Bernard and Jeremy see a deserted watchtower over sand that conceal land mines. What do they see there?
2. How does Bernard react to Jeremy's knowledge of where they had met the women who helped Bernard get to a taxi?
3. What was Jeremy's reason for his five hour walk to the dolmen?
4. When do Jenny and Jeremy end up getting married?
5. After leaving Berlin and Bernard, where does Jeremy go?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)