|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did June get her doctor on her side and change the staff's attitude toward her?
(a) She bribed them with money.
(b) She told them they would all be in her book.
(c) Jeremy brought Swiss chocolates to eveyone quite often.
(d) She let her intelligence and thoughtfulness be known.
2. Why did Jeremy persist in his friendship with his in-laws?
(a) They were constantly at his home.
(b) Due to a lifetime habit of befriending parental figures.
(c) He loved them.
(d) They were so alike in all ways.
3. What is odd about the story of how June and Bernard first met and began to date?
(a) They met on a blind date and disliked each other.
(b) They met by accident.
(c) June "stole" Bernard from another woman.
(d) They each have a different story about it.
4. At what stage was June put into the hospice?
(a) When she was terminal.
(b) She never entered a hospice.
(c) Seven years before she died.
(d) Two weeks before she died.
5. What did Bernard usually do when he knew Jeremy had just been to see June?
(a) He asked if June needed anything.
(b) He did nothing, as he did not care.
(c) He called Jeremy to see how ill June was.
(d) He telephoned Jeremy to ask if she'd been talking about him.
6. Who did Jeremy tend to become friendly with?
(a) Little girls of three to five-years-old.
(b) Other college students.
(c) No one.
(d) Parents of people his age.
7. What were June and Bernard doing at the time the photograph in Part One was taken?
(a) They signed up as members of the Communist Party.
(b) They had just secretly eloped.
(c) They were taking in the sights of Paris.
(d) Bernard had just told June that he loved her.
8. What is Jeremy's reaction to discovering what June and Bernard's obsession together had been?
(b) He finds it difficult to imagine.
(d) He feels he knew it all the time.
9. When Jeremy spoke with Bernard, how did he feel about June?
(a) He knew June was outlandishlly wrong about the world.
(b) He felt sorry for her.
(c) He was glad he knew her.
(d) He felt June was right in her world beliefs.
10. How many children does Jeremy end up having?
11. What disease was June dying of?
(a) Cardiovascular Disease.
(c) Pancreatic Cancer.
(d) Multiple Sclerosis.
12. What did Jeremy lose due to a road accident?
(a) His leg.
(b) His new car.
(c) His parents.
(d) His niece.
13. In Part 1, what is it that Jeremy is thinking as he stares at June's photograph as a young newlywed?
(a) How much she had changed.
(b) That she looks better now than she did then.
(c) That she looks happier now than she did then.
(d) How beautiful she still was.
14. In what way were June and Bernard alike in the beginning of their relationship?
(a) They were ophans.
(b) They were both communists.
(c) They both enjoyed theater and music.
(d) They were very spiritual.
15. What does Bernard think of living in and reflecting upon the present?
(a) One can learn about life.
(b) It is the only way to live.
(c) It should be combined with the past.
(d) It is self-indulgent.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often did Jenny and her brothers see their parents?
2. What did Jeremy realize to be the simplest way of getting back a lost parent?
3. Why was Jeremy so upset just before leaving for Oxford?
4. Why did Bernard entertain in restaurants?
5. What was June's job when she first encountered Bernard?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)