|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Jeremy spoke with Bernard, how did he feel about June?
(a) He felt June was right in her world beliefs.
(b) He was glad he knew her.
(c) He felt sorry for her.
(d) He knew June was outlandishlly wrong about the world.
2. What is Jeremy's reaction to discovering what June and Bernard's obsession together had been?
(a) He finds it difficult to imagine.
(d) He feels he knew it all the time.
3. What is it about Jeremy that reminds June of Bernard?
(a) His looks.
(b) His warmth and kindness.
(c) His dryness and distance.
(d) His sense of humor.
4. What was Jeremy writing?
(a) June's memoir.
(b) His autobiography.
(c) A family history.
(d) Bernard's travelogues.
5. Why does Jeremy go knocking on his friend, Toby's, door?
(a) To hang out.
(b) To spend time with Toby's parents.
(c) To have a game of ball.
(d) To go drinking at Notting Hill.
6. What is it that June dreaded when thinking about marriage?
(a) The honeymoon.
(b) Shopping for groceries.
(c) Having babies.
7. When did Sally let on that she had been abused as a child?
(a) She never did.
(b) When she was about twenty-years-old.
(c) When she was five-years-old.
(d) When she turned thirteen.
8. Where did Jenny's parents live when Jeremy first met them?
(a) In North London.
(b) In separate countries.
(c) In the South of France.
(d) In Australia.
9. What completely overshadowed Jeremy and Jenny's life until their first child was born?
(a) June's illness.
(b) Bernard's drinking.
(c) Jeremy's work.
(d) Jenny's inability to have a child.
10. In what way were June and Bernard alike in the beginning of their relationship?
(a) They were very spiritual.
(b) They were both communists.
(c) They both enjoyed theater and music.
(d) They were ophans.
11. Where did Toby Langley spend some of his childhood?
(a) In Notting Hill.
(b) In the United States and Mexico.
(c) In the Middle East, Kenya, and Venezuela.
(d) At Oxford.
12. From what point of view is the novel written?
(a) Second person.
(b) Third person.
(c) First person.
13. What was June's basic view about life?
(a) Life was random.
(b) It was best not to examine it.
(c) God had no hand in it.
(d) It had a purpose.
14. How many children does Jeremy end up having?
15. Why did Jeremy work so hard at studying for his A levels?
(a) He wanted to prove how smart he reallly was.
(b) To attract an older woman.
(c) He wanted to go to university and leave home.
(d) To find the right girl at a new school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is odd about the story of how June and Bernard first met and began to date?
2. What does June believe she discovered after the incident with the dogs?
3. How does Jeremy react to hearing June talk like a Californian professional or a dazed hippie?
4. What was one of the reasons Jeremy did not pursue girls at the age of seventeen?
5. How often did Jenny and her brothers see their parents?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)