|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Jenny's parents live when Jeremy first met them?
(a) In the South of France.
(b) In North London.
(c) In separate countries.
(d) In Australia.
2. When Jeremy spoke with Bernard, how did he feel about June?
(a) He felt June was right in her world beliefs.
(b) He was glad he knew her.
(c) He felt sorry for her.
(d) He knew June was outlandishlly wrong about the world.
3. What kind of religious service is performed at June's burial?
4. In Part One, what do we learn about Bernard's current political views?
(a) He is still a Communist.
(b) He is very conservative.
(c) He is no longer involved in politics at all.
(d) He is a liberal.
5. Bernard leaves the grave site to walk toward a yew tree in the cemetery. What does he do there?
(b) Has a cigarette.
(c) Watches the sunset.
(d) Counts the headstones.
6. How often did Jenny and her brothers see their parents?
(a) Several times a year.
(b) Every day.
(c) Once a week.
(d) Hardly ever.
7. As she lay ill in bed, who do we learn June is jealous of as regards Bernard?
(a) His housekeeper.
(b) The nurses who chat with him.
(c) Any woman he meets.
(d) His secretary.
8. What did June discover about herself the morning after the dolmen?
(a) She could not have children.
(b) She had physical courage.
(c) She loved another man.
(d) She was a tired woman.
9. According to Jeremy, looking after children is one way of what?
(a) Getting love.
(b) Looking after yourself.
(c) Educating them.
(d) Securing the future of the world.
10. What is odd about the story of how June and Bernard first met and began to date?
(a) They met on a blind date and disliked each other.
(b) They met by accident.
(c) June "stole" Bernard from another woman.
(d) They each have a different story about it.
11. How does Jeremy react to hearing June talk like a Californian professional or a dazed hippie?
(a) He wants to hear more.
(b) He asks to tape record her.
(c) He is uncomfortable.
(d) He is disgusted.
12. What was June's basic view about life?
(a) Life was random.
(b) God had no hand in it.
(c) It had a purpose.
(d) It was best not to examine it.
13. How many children does Jeremy end up having?
14. How did June get her doctor on her side and change the staff's attitude toward her?
(a) She let her intelligence and thoughtfulness be known.
(b) She bribed them with money.
(c) She told them they would all be in her book.
(d) Jeremy brought Swiss chocolates to eveyone quite often.
15. What is the dream that has haunted June for forty years?
(a) Two dogs running down a path.
(b) Dogs falling from a gorge.
(c) Dogs chasing down rabbits.
(d) Two dogs fighting with one another.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were June and Bernard doing at the time the photograph in Part One was taken?
2. Why does Jeremy go knocking on his friend, Toby's, door?
3. During June's generation, what was the worst possible thing that could happen to a girl?
4. What was one of the reasons Jeremy did not pursue girls at the age of seventeen?
5. Besides Communism, what is one of June's other passions as a young girl?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)