Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children does Jeremy end up having?
2. What did Jeremy do for Sally?
(a) He played with and looked after her.
(b) He took her to school every day.
(c) He gave her meals.
(d) He took her away from her parents.
3. To whom does Jeremy dedicate his memoir?
(a) The parents he spent many hours with.
(b) His parents.
(c) His niece, Sally, and his sister, Jean.
(d) His wife, Jenny, and his niece, Sally.
4. From what point of view is the novel written?
(a) Third person.
(b) First person.
(d) Second person.
5. Bernard leaves the grave site to walk toward a yew tree in the cemetery. What does he do there?
(a) Has a cigarette.
(b) Counts the headstones.
(c) Watches the sunset.
6. In what way were June and Bernard alike in the beginning of their relationship?
(a) They were very spiritual.
(b) They were ophans.
(c) They were both communists.
(d) They both enjoyed theater and music.
7. How does Jeremy react to hearing June talk like a Californian professional or a dazed hippie?
(a) He is disgusted.
(b) He is uncomfortable.
(c) He wants to hear more.
(d) He asks to tape record her.
8. What is it about Jeremy that reminds June of Bernard?
(a) His looks.
(b) His sense of humor.
(c) His dryness and distance.
(d) His warmth and kindness.
9. During June's generation, what was the worst possible thing that could happen to a girl?
(a) Not being married by the age of 25.
(b) Becoming a nun.
(c) Being pregnant outside of marriage.
(d) Getting a divorce.
10. Why was Jeremy so upset just before leaving for Oxford?
(a) He didn't think college was right for him.
(b) His bags would not fit in his friend's car.
(c) Sally was crying because he was going away.
(d) Harper was threatening to kill him.
11. At what age did Jeremy eventually get married?
(a) In his mid-thirties.
(c) In his forties.
12. What is the dream that has haunted June for forty years?
(a) Two dogs fighting with one another.
(b) Dogs chasing down rabbits.
(c) Dogs falling from a gorge.
(d) Two dogs running down a path.
13. How did June get her doctor on her side and change the staff's attitude toward her?
(a) Jeremy brought Swiss chocolates to eveyone quite often.
(b) She bribed them with money.
(c) She told them they would all be in her book.
(d) She let her intelligence and thoughtfulness be known.
14. Why does Jeremy go knocking on his friend, Toby's, door?
(a) To hang out.
(b) To have a game of ball.
(c) To spend time with Toby's parents.
(d) To go drinking at Notting Hill.
15. What is the Dolmen de la Prunarede?
(a) Jenny's ideal place to live.
(b) An ancient burial site that became a family site.
(c) The place where June and Bernard married.
(d) Jeremy's home town.
Short Answer Questions
1. When June tells Jeremy that she and Bernard are "obsessed", to what is she referring?
2. What was Jeremy writing?
3. In Part 1, what is it that Jeremy is thinking as he stares at June's photograph as a young newlywed?
4. What organization did June join when she was eighteen-years-old?
5. Where did Jenny's parents live when Jeremy first met them?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)