|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Jeremy so upset just before leaving for Oxford?
(a) His bags would not fit in his friend's car.
(b) Sally was crying because he was going away.
(c) He didn't think college was right for him.
(d) Harper was threatening to kill him.
2. At what age did Jeremy eventually get married?
(b) In his forties.
(d) In his mid-thirties.
3. What organization did June join when she was eighteen-years-old?
(a) The John Birch Society.
(b) The Catholic Church.
(c) The Feminist Movement.
(d) The Socialist Cycling Club.
4. What did Harper end up doing by the end of the summer of Jeremy's eighteenth birthday?
(a) He wrote his life story.
(b) He went back to college for an external degree.
(c) He took Jean and left Sally with Jeremy.
(d) He left Jean for good.
5. What is the Dolmen de la Prunarede?
(a) An ancient burial site that became a family site.
(b) Jeremy's home town.
(c) Jenny's ideal place to live.
(d) The place where June and Bernard married.
6. When Jeremy spoke with Bernard, how did he feel about June?
(a) He felt June was right in her world beliefs.
(b) He knew June was outlandishlly wrong about the world.
(c) He felt sorry for her.
(d) He was glad he knew her.
7. Why did Bernard entertain in restaurants?
(a) He loved to eat.
(b) He was a public figure.
(c) He was a television personality.
(d) He was a chef.
8. What kind of religious service is performed at June's burial?
9. Bernard tells people that June believes the dogs she encountered on the path were something other than just dogs. What were they?
(c) The ghosts of her parents.
(d) Satan's familiars.
10. Who did Jeremy tend to become friendly with?
(a) Parents of people his age.
(b) Little girls of three to five-years-old.
(c) No one.
(d) Other college students.
11. In Part One, what do we learn about Bernard's current political views?
(a) He is very conservative.
(b) He is a liberal.
(c) He is no longer involved in politics at all.
(d) He is still a Communist.
12. What did Jeremy do for Sally?
(a) He gave her meals.
(b) He took her to school every day.
(c) He took her away from her parents.
(d) He played with and looked after her.
13. What does June believe she discovered after the incident with the dogs?
(a) Her true self.
(b) The meaning of life.
(d) The perfect animals.
14. What is it that June dreaded when thinking about marriage?
(a) The honeymoon.
(c) Shopping for groceries.
(d) Having babies.
15. Why does Jeremy go knocking on his friend, Toby's, door?
(a) To have a game of ball.
(b) To spend time with Toby's parents.
(c) To go drinking at Notting Hill.
(d) To hang out.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way did June become a spiritual person?
2. What did Jeremy realize to be the simplest way of getting back a lost parent?
3. Why does Jeremy state that he was something of a parent at the age of seventeen?
4. What was June's job when she first encountered Bernard?
5. In what way did Jeremy identify with Sally?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)