|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When June tells Jeremy that she and Bernard are "obsessed", to what is she referring?
(a) Finding a cure for her.
(b) Their children.
(c) Their sexual life together.
(d) The need to gain governmental control.
2. Why does Jeremy go knocking on his friend, Toby's, door?
(a) To have a game of ball.
(b) To spend time with Toby's parents.
(c) To hang out.
(d) To go drinking at Notting Hill.
3. In Part One, what do we learn about Bernard's current political views?
(a) He is still a Communist.
(b) He is a liberal.
(c) He is very conservative.
(d) He is no longer involved in politics at all.
4. What did Jean think of Jeremy's friend, Toby?
(a) She hated him.
(b) She secretly was in love with him.
(c) She had no feelings towards him at all.
(d) She had never met him.
5. How often did Jenny and her brothers see their parents?
(a) Every day.
(b) Once a week.
(c) Hardly ever.
(d) Several times a year.
6. What is it that June dreaded when thinking about marriage?
(a) Shopping for groceries.
(b) The honeymoon.
(d) Having babies.
7. What did Jeremy realize to be the simplest way of getting back a lost parent?
(a) To only hang around with old people.
(b) By writing a family history.
(c) To become one yourself.
(d) Looking at old family photos.
8. During June's generation, what was the worst possible thing that could happen to a girl?
(a) Being pregnant outside of marriage.
(b) Becoming a nun.
(c) Not being married by the age of 25.
(d) Getting a divorce.
9. What organization did June join when she was eighteen-years-old?
(a) The John Birch Society.
(b) The Feminist Movement.
(c) The Socialist Cycling Club.
(d) The Catholic Church.
10. What were June and Bernard doing at the time the photograph in Part One was taken?
(a) They signed up as members of the Communist Party.
(b) Bernard had just told June that he loved her.
(c) They were taking in the sights of Paris.
(d) They had just secretly eloped.
11. What did Jean and Harper spend a lot of their time doing?
(a) Taking cruises.
(b) Drinking and fighting.
(c) Going to museums.
(d) Going out to the movies.
12. As she lay ill in bed, who do we learn June is jealous of as regards Bernard?
(a) His housekeeper.
(b) Any woman he meets.
(c) His secretary.
(d) The nurses who chat with him.
13. From what year is the framed photograph on June Tremaine's locker by her bed in the nursing home?
14. Why did Jeremy work so hard at studying for his A levels?
(a) To find the right girl at a new school.
(b) He wanted to go to university and leave home.
(c) He wanted to prove how smart he reallly was.
(d) To attract an older woman.
15. In Part 1, what is it that Jeremy is thinking as he stares at June's photograph as a young newlywed?
(a) How much she had changed.
(b) That she looks happier now than she did then.
(c) How beautiful she still was.
(d) That she looks better now than she did then.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Bernard entertain in restaurants?
2. In what way were June and Bernard alike in the beginning of their relationship?
3. Besides Communism, what is one of June's other passions as a young girl?
4. In the Preface, what liberty does Jeremy report that he takes in his book?
5. What was Bernard's profession?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)