|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Besides Communism, what is one of June's other passions as a young girl?
(b) Financial matters.
(c) The countryside.
(d) Reading literary novels.
2. What is it that June dreaded when thinking about marriage?
(a) Shopping for groceries.
(b) Having babies.
(d) The honeymoon.
3. Where was June living when Jeremy was visiting her and taking notes in Part One?
(b) The Dolmen.
(c) A nursing home.
(d) St. Privat.
4. From what year is the framed photograph on June Tremaine's locker by her bed in the nursing home?
5. Where did June and Bernard have their first pre-marital intimate encounter?
(a) In the home of June's girlfriend.
(b) In Bernard's car.
(c) At the dolmen.
(d) In a movie theater.
6. What disease was June dying of?
(a) Multiple Sclerosis.
(b) Cardiovascular Disease.
(d) Pancreatic Cancer.
7. What completely overshadowed Jeremy and Jenny's life until their first child was born?
(a) June's illness.
(b) Bernard's drinking.
(c) Jeremy's work.
(d) Jenny's inability to have a child.
8. How often did Jenny and her brothers see their parents?
(a) Every day.
(b) Several times a year.
(c) Once a week.
(d) Hardly ever.
9. What was Bernard's profession?
(a) An entomologist.
(b) A politician.
(c) A veterinarian.
(d) A medical doctor.
10. What does June want to be the centerpiece of the memoir Jeremy is writing about her?
(a) The black dogs.
(b) A certain Christmas dinner.
(c) Her marriage to Bernard.
(d) Her divorce.
11. Who did Jeremy tend to become friendly with?
(a) Little girls of three to five-years-old.
(b) Other college students.
(c) Parents of people his age.
(d) No one.
12. When did Sally let on that she had been abused as a child?
(a) When she was five-years-old.
(b) When she turned thirteen.
(c) When she was about twenty-years-old.
(d) She never did.
13. What did June discover about herself the morning after the dolmen?
(a) She loved another man.
(b) She was a tired woman.
(c) She could not have children.
(d) She had physical courage.
14. Where did Toby Langley spend some of his childhood?
(a) In the Middle East, Kenya, and Venezuela.
(b) At Oxford.
(c) In the United States and Mexico.
(d) In Notting Hill.
15. How many children does Jeremy end up having?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Bernard entertain in restaurants?
2. To whom does Jeremy dedicate his memoir?
3. When June tells Jeremy that she and Bernard are "obsessed", to what is she referring?
4. At what age did Jeremy eventually get married?
5. What does Bernard think of living in and reflecting upon the present?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)